and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Vilitra 60 mg
|Manufacturer||Centurion Laboratories, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About brand name of the drug
Vilitra 60 mg is an important type of drug manufactured by Centurion Laboratories in India. Vilitra is a very potent drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and impotence in males. This is available in the different form of tablets and the major salt responsible for its action is Vardenafil. The US brand is also famous as Vardenafil. This is the type of medicament for which prescription is mandatory.
About the drug
Vilitra 60 mg is a FDA approved oral prescription drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The major salt responsible for its action is Vardenafil. Vilitra contains Vardenafil as the active ingredient and is available in a variety of doses i.e. ten mg, twenty mg, forty mg and sixty mg. Vilitra 60 mg tablet is more potent and has a powerful action as compared to other medicines. Vilitra 60 mg is relatively cheap and has double fast action time as compared to other available drugs.
Some other brands equivalent to Vilitra 60 mg (Vardenafil) in the USA are:
About salt of the drug
Vardenafil is a PDE5 inhibitor. It is used to treating erectile dysfunction in males. Vardenafil works by increasing the blood flow to the penis to help the patient get and keep the erection.It is used to treat all male sexual function problems. This drug does not protect against any sexually transmitted disease such as HIV, Hepatitis Syphilis etc.
Medical Uses of the drug
Vilitra 60 mg drug is used for the treatment of the following medical conditions:
• The medicament is prescribed in patients suffering from erectile dysfunction which makes sexual intercourse difficult for males. The drug helps in sustaining the erection by the sexual stimulation done by it.
• Vardenafil tablets are of minor use in case of pulmonary arterial hypertension (high blood pressure affecting arteries of both heart and lungs).
Working of a drug
Vilitra 60 mg contains Vardenafil which is a selective inhibitor of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) enzyme. Penis erections are initiated by the relaxation of the smooth muscles. Nitric oxide is released from the nerve endings, during sexual stimulation. This nitric oxide, activates the accelerator enzyme guanylate cyclase leading to enhanced production of cGMP in the smooth muscles. The cGMP in turn provoke smooth muscle relaxation thereby allowing increased blood flow into the penis, resulting in erection.Thus, the inhibition of PDE5 actually enhances erectile function by increasing the amount of cGMP.
Onset of action: The effect of the drug Vilitra 60 mg tablet is generally observed in approximately 30 minutes of oral administration. The effect of the medicine lasts up to an average duration of 6 hours or more after its consumption.
Though the drug Vilitra 60 mg is associated with very less or minor adverse effects, some of the important ones are listed:
- Diarrhea, Dizziness, Headache and sometimes Flushing.
- Bloody and cloudy urine.
- Burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet.
- Changes in vision and bloody nose.
- Prolonged and painful erection.
- Other common side effects include Indigestion, Sleeplessness and painful urination.
If the patient is a victim of any of these symptoms, he should consult the doctor immediately.
How to use
Vilitra 60 mg is a medicine for which prescription is mandatory. It is easily available from the e –pharmacies, online stores or regular chemist shop but the patient ought to have the prescription duly signed by the Regular Medical Practitioner. Some important points that must be kept in mind include:
- The drug should be taken in doses as prescribed by the doctor.
- The patient should take the medicine 1 hour before the sexual intercourse.
- The drug can be taken with or without food, depending upon the choice of patient.
- Vilitra 60 mg is available in the form of tablet and need to be swallowed orally with a glass full of water.
- The pill ought to be administered not more than once a day.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
Drug interactions are very common when two or more drugs are taken together. The type of drug interaction may vary from individual to individual. One should immediately consult with the physician before starting any such medicine, in order to avoid complication at the later stage. Some potent drugs that can interact with Vilitra 60 mg are-
- Severe interaction with Nitrate drugs like Nitroglycerin.
- Serious drug interaction has been recorded with QT prolonging agents(heart rhythm disorder related to irregular rhythms and subsequently Arrhythmia) like Domperidone, Anagrelide, Dronadarone, Cisapride, Droperidol etc.
- Usage of Alcohol while taking Vilitra 60 mg must be avoided or kept at a minimum level as the interaction may develop symptoms like dizziness, fainting, flushing etc.
- Moderate interaction occur when Vilitra 60 mg are prescribed with alpha-blockers, lofexidine, hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, ondansetron etc.
- The tablet must be avoided for use in patients who are also prescribed a drug named Riociguat.
- Those patients who are suffering from cardiovascular disease or consuming drugs to treat STDs should avoid taking Vilitra 60 mg simultaneously.
When to avoid taking the drug
- Vilitra 60 mg is not recommended for consumption especially in woman. The patient need to consult the doctor and focus on benefits and risks associated with the drug before prescribing.
- The drug should be strictly avoided in instance of Hypertensive issue.
- Vilitra 60 mg must be used with caution in patient with blood cluster issue or in cases of high or low pulse rate.
- The drug should be strictly avoided in cases of eye issue like damage to retina.
- The medicament is to be avoided for patients below the age of 18 years.
- The drug ought to be used with caution in heart diseases or in instances of cardiovascular issue.
- Vilitra 60 mg must not be recommended in patient suffering from impairment of Kidney and Liver function.
Things to avoid when using the drug
When taking Vilitra 60 mg (Vardenafil) avoid consumption of:
- Alcohol- Consuming the drug with alcohol can lead to fainting, dizziness and hypotension.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice as it can lead to side effects.
- Patient should avoid consumption of heavy or fatty meals before taking the drug.
- Avoid driving any vehicle after taking Vilitra 60 mg.
General Information and Precautions
- Pregnancy-Pregnant women should avoid consuming Vilitra 60 mg. Women should not have this medicine as it is not approved for them.
- Lactation-There are chances that Vilitra 60 mg can pass into the breast milk. So it is advisable for the patients not to use this drug while breastfeeding.
- Alcohol-The patient should avoid intake of alcohol with this drug as this might lead to enhanced feeling of dizziness. Alcohol may affect the absorption of this drug.
- Penis Deformation-Vilitra 60 mg should be avoided by patients who are suffering from physical deformity of the penis.
- Driving or using machinery-The patient should never indulge physical activity like driving and those requiring proper attention as he may feel dizzy and drowsy after the intake of medicine.
- Old age or young age-Males below the age of 18 years are advised not to take the medication. Even old age should avoid taking Vilitra 60 mg, unless it is urgently required in minimal doses only.
- Vilitra 60 mg should always be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It should be protected from heat, moisture and direct sun light.
- The medicament should preferably be stored at room temperature.
- The patient must be aware to store the drug at places which are out of reach of children and pets.
General FAQs regarding the drug
Can this drug be taken before driving?
Ans. The patient should never indulge in driving or any kind of physical activity which require proper attention as he may feel dizzy and drowsy after taking the medicine.
How many times does the patient need to take the medicament?
Ans. The patient is advised by the doctor to take the drug once a day for the appropriate effects. Overdose as well as underdoes is not recommended at all.
What are the uses and side effects of Vilitra 60 mg?
Ans. Uses-Treatment of Erectile dysfunction or impotence in males.
Side effects-Flushing, Headache, Dizziness, Numbness, Burning sensation etc.
Why is the drug not safe with alcohol?
Ans. This drug should not be taken with alcohol as symptoms like dizziness, fainting, flushing, persistent headache may occur.
|Manufacturer||Centurion Laboratories, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|