Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Cenforce 25 mg?
Cenforce 25 mg is a medication that treats erectile dysfunction(ED) in men. This medication increases blood flow to the penile area, allowing men to get and sustain erections. It belongs to the class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitors.
Sildenafil Citrate is the active ingredient in Cenforce 25 mg. ED pill like Cenforce is top-rated because it is very effective in helping men who have trouble getting an erection.
ED drugs like Cenforce 25 mg can help a man get an erection within an average amount of time. Suppose you have trouble getting an erection during intercourse. In that case, you should talk to your regular doctor before taking any ED medication.
People who take this drug report experiencing few or no side effects. For the medicine to work effectively, sexual stimulation is required priorly.
What is the use of Cenforce 25 mg?
Erectile dysfunction is a sexual disorder in which men cannot achieve a hard enough erection for sexual intercourse. Cenforce tablets treat men who have trouble getting or keeping an erection.
Since this drug is a PDE 5 inhibitor, it blocks the enzymes that make the penis soft. It relaxes blood vessels so more blood can flow to the penile muscles, ultimately triggering an erection.
You can take this medicine if you have erectile dysfunction that is mild, moderate, or even severe. However, Cenforce is a prescription drug that should only be taken after talking to a doctor.
How does Cenforce 25 mg work?
Cenforce 25 mg is a drug that is used to increase sexual stimulation in the following ways:
- The primary way the drug works is by making the blood vessels near the genital areas wider
- It helps relax the muscles in the penis and brings more blood to the penis, which causes an erection
- When there is a lot of blood flow to the pelvic area, the penis continues to harden, which helps a man get an erection
- The drug can also work by relaxing the muscles in the prostate and bladder
Sildenafil citrate is the main ingredient in this medicine. Sildenafil works by stopping a natural substance in the penis called phosphodiesterase type-5 from doing its job. Sildenafil Citrate helps to open up (relax) blood vessels during any sexual activity.
The right dose of this drug will depend on the person taking it. The average doses of this medicine are listed below. If your dose varies, don't change it until your doctor suggests.
- Adults up to 65 years old: Older men should take this medicine once a day, one hour before sexual activity. The drug can also be taken 30 minutes to four hours before getting intimate. If needed, your doctor may change your dose by making the drug stronger or weaker.
- Adults over 65: Most of the time, people over 65 get a smaller dose once a day, an hour before sexual activity. Depending on how healthy you are, your doctor may tell you to take 25 mg of Cenforce. But if you need a more robust drug version, you can try Cenforce 100 mg, 120 mg, or even 200 mg. The drug can also be taken 30 minutes to four hours before getting intimate. Your doctor may change your dose if they think it's necessary.
It is not recommended that you take this tablet more than once a day. You can start with a smaller dose, such as 25 mg is recommended if you're new to erectile dysfunction medications. However, you can begin to take 50 mg or 100 mg of Cenforce if your doctor thinks it would be a more viable option for your condition.
How Should Cenforce 25 Mg be Taken?
Keep the following things in mind before taking medicine:
- Generally, the drug should be taken on an empty stomach.
- If you have kidney disease, you should talk to your doctor before taking medicine.
- Alcohol use is also interactive because it can lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure, which can worsen the harmful effects of the drug.
- Grape juice also interacts with the drug in a way that inhibits the effect of the enzyme.
- The drug also seems to interact with antifungals and some antibiotics, like azithromycin.
ED pills like Cenforce 25 mg should be kept at room temperature and in a dry place. Don't put the drug in direct sunlight. Keep it out of the reach of children.
This drug can interact with other medicines, foods, and diseases. Here are some of their interactions
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Aspir 81 (aspirin)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Fish oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Renal dysfunction
- Pulmonary disease
- Hearing loss
- Liver disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Seizure disorders
Food and beverage interactions:
- Alcohol-The effect of this drug on lowering blood pressure can be made worse by drinking alcohol. If you drink alcohol while taking Sildenafil, it could cause problems and worsen the side effects. Hence, if you are taking Cenforce, you should avoid alcohol.
- Grapefruit- If you take Sildenafil, don't eat too many grapefruits or drink too much juice. The amount of sildenafil citrate in your body may increase if you eat grapefruit. This could make the drug last longer than needed.
Side effects of Cenforce 25 mg
Common side effects may include:
- Flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- Headache or dizziness
- Heartburn or nausea
- Abnormal (blurred) vision
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Muscle pain or back pain
Manufaturer of Cenforce 25 Mg
Centurion Laboratories is the company that makes Cenforce 25 Mg. The business was started in 2006.
Related Cenforce BlogWhere to Buy Cenforce: A Comprehensive Guide What Happens When a Woman Takes Cenforce Cenforce Reviews: An In-Depth Look at User Experiences Side Effects of Cenforce: Understanding Potential Risks How to Use Cenforce: A Comprehensive Guide Is Cenforce Available for Sale In USA: Exploring Availability and Considerations What is Cenforce Used For? Primary and Off-Label Benefits Can We Buy Cenforce Online? All You Need to Know How Long Does Cenforce Last? Understanding its Duration Does Cenforce Treat ED in Men?
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com