Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Levitra 40 mg
Levitra 40 mg is specially formulated to treat Erectile Dysfunction or impotence.
Vardenafil is the active ingredient in Levitra, which helps increase blood flow in the penis, hence causing an erection.
What is Levitra Used For?
Levitra 40 mg is primarily used in treating Erectile Dysfunction.
ED is a condition in which a man cannot achieve and sustain an erection to perform sexual activities.
Levitra's responsibility is to get and keep an erection when sexual stimulation happens, thus treating the condition.
How Does 40 mg Levitra Work?
The 40 mg Levitra's active component is Vardenafil, an inhibitor of PDE5.
Vardenafil relaxes the smooth muscle, which results in boosting the blood flow in the penile region.
This increased blood flow helps a man get an erection.
However, a man should be sexually stimulated to obtain an erection.
It is advised to take this medication 30 to 60 minutes before sexual intercourse.
There are chances you might encounter mild or moderate side effects after consumption of Levitra, such as:
- Headache and dizziness
- Flushing (Redness and warmth)
- Upset stomach and Diarrhea
- Back pain
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Stuffy nose
- Irregular heartbeat
- Loss of vision and hearing
- Shortness of breath
- Prolonged and painful erection
Note: If you get a prolonged erection (more than 4 hours) or an allergic reaction after taking this drug, immediately contact your physician.
Levitra Dosage 40 mg
You can consume Levitra 40 mg with or without food as instructed by your doctor.
However, do not take more than one tablet daily as it can result in an overdose.
Take this medicine 30 to 60 minutes before sexual intercourse for better results.
It is best to avoid taking other medications while consuming Levitra, as they can interact with it. You should avoid taking:
- Nitrate medications
- Antifungal drugs
- Alpha-blockers such as Alfuzosin and Doxazosin
- HIV and AIDS medications
- Medicines to treat cardiovascular diseases
- Antibiotics- Clarithromycin, Erythromycin
- QT Prolonging drugs
- Low and high blood pressure medications
- Prostate disorder treating drugs
- Other ED tablets containing Sildenafil and Tadalafil
If you have any diseases and disorders, you must inform your physician. You should avoid consuming this drug in case you are suffering from:
- Cardiovascular diseases and disorders
- Kidney and liver diseases
- Low and high blood pressure
- Long QT syndrome
- Retinitis Pigmentosa or any other eye disorder
- Blood cell disorders such as Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, and Sickle Cell Anemia
- Stomach ulcer
- Bleeding disorders
- Peyronie's disease (penis deformation due to scar tissue)
Avoid taking the following food and beverages as they can interact with or reduce the effectiveness of 40 mg Levitra:
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice
- High-fat meals
- Males under 18 years and women should not consume Levitra.
- Driving and exhausting activities should be avoided, as consuming 40 mg of Levitra can cause dizziness.
Keep Levitra 40 mg at a room temperature 15 to 30 degrees away from heat, light, and moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Levitra last after you take it?
After consuming the Levitra 40 mg pill, it can last up to 4 hours. However, it entirely depends on the individual's health.
How can I make Levitra work better?
Levitra will work better if you take it 30 to 60 minutes before engaging in sexual activity.
Does Levitra affect blood pressure?
Levitra can affect your blood pressure as it has lowering effects after consumption. Although, it will not impact your body’s blood pressure once this medication wears off.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com