Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Snovitra
Vardenafil, an active component in Snovitra 20 mg, is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction in men.
Erectile Dysfunction, commonly known as Impotence, is associated with difficulties obtaining and maintaining an erection during sexual encounters.
Snovitra 20 is a prescription drug that can only be purchased with a doctor’s prescription.
Snovitra manufacturer is Parex Pharmaceuticals, which is a leading pharmaceutical company.
Uses of Snovitra
Men with Erectile Dysfunction or Sexual Impotence can take Snovitra 20 mg.
Its active salt, Vardenafil, belongs to a class of medications called Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. Thus, it is potent for effectively treating Erectile Dysfunction in men.
How does Snovitra work
Vardenafil, an inhibitor of Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5), is present in Snovitra 20 mg.
As a result of this inhibition, the Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP) level rises.
This widens the blood vessels in the penis and increases the blood flow required for an erection.
It also maintains your erection, which enhances the pleasure of your sexual intercourse.
Sexual excitement is necessary for the functioning of this medicine.
How to take Snovitra 20
You are advised to take your medication exactly as directed by your doctor. These quick tips might help you:
- Snovitra helps achieve and maintain an erection. However, sexual stimulation is necessary for the erection to occur.
- Take Snovitra 20, either with or without food, as advised by your doctor
- Never take more than one dose daily. The time between the doses should be at least 24 hours
- You should take it about one hour before the sexual activity
- Avoid breaking or splitting the tablet. Swallow the whole medicine
- Take it only if you need it, and a doctor has recommended it
Snovitra is available in numerous strengths. There are various options to pick from
Vardenafil can also be used with Dapoxetine to treat Premature Ejaculation along with Erectile Dysfunction.
Side effects of Snovitra
Snovitra tablets are highly unlikely to cause serious side effects.
If you adhere to your physician's instructions, you may prevent the following adverse effects.
- Vision changes
- Hearing illness
- Skin reactions
- Prolonged erection
- Pain in muscles
These side effects are extremely uncommon and only affect very few people. Additionally, these are temporary effects that hardly require medical attention.
Determine which combinations to avoid by analyzing the interactions. Consult your physician about possible interactions.
Before using the Snovitra tablet, inform your physician if you are using any of the following drugs:
- Riociguat- Medicine to treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Metoprolol- Medicine to treat high blood pressure
- Lithium- Mood stabilizer
- Amyl Nitrite
- Nitroglycerin- Angina medicine
- Other ED medicines
- Phenytoin- Medicines for Seizures
There are a few diseases that Snovitra may interfere with, including
- Renal disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease
- Obstructive disease of Lungs
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice need to be avoided while using this medication. The body's absorption of this drug may be affected by grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
Precautions before using Snovitra 20
Some measures to be taken in advance to prevent serious consequences:
- If you ever had any allergy/hypersensitivity to it, switch to some other ED medicine
- If you are also using nitrate medicines for angina or high blood pressure, you should not use this medication
- If your erection persists for more than four hours after sexual activity, you should consult a doctor
- It is not for children or females
- This medication should not be taken if you have recently suffered a heart attack, stroke, or heart failure
- Place the medication in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the children's reach
- Make sure the tablets are intact
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
How long does the effect of Snovitra (Vardenafil) last?
The effect can last up to five hours. Every 24 hours, a maximum of one tablet may be consumed.
How long does it take for Snovitra tablets to kick in?
Snovitra dosage usually takes 60 minutes to start working, and sexual stimulation is necessary. It may vary from person to person.
Can Snovitra tablets (Vardenafil) be taken daily?
Take Snovitra Vardenafil 20 mg as your doctor prescribes. It is meant to be consumed before sexual activity. One tablet takes between 25 and 60 minutes to start working, though it may continue to work for up to four to five hours afterward.
Can I take it with other medicines?
Other medications should not be taken unless discussed with your doctor. It might have serious interactions with that medicine, so always check with your doctor.
Can Snovitra cure Erectile Dysfunction permanently?
Snovitra only addresses the symptoms of ED. You should be aware that it does not boost sexual desire or permanently cure Erectile Dysfunction. It only treats ED. Vardenafil is the main salt of Snovitra, it widens the blood vessels in the penis and increases the blood flow required for an erection.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org