and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Progynova 2 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
What is Progynova
Progynova 2mg contains Estradiol, a female sex hormone that controls several body processes.
It effectively treats the symptoms associated with Menopause (hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and itching), Osteoporosis (weakening of Bones), and low Estrogen levels.
This medication requires a prescription and can only be purchased with a doctor's recommendation.
Bayer Zydus Pharma is the primary pharmaceutical company that manufactures Progynova 2mg.
Progynova 2mg uses
Progynova contains Estradiol, which helps compensate for decreased Estrogen production in Menopausal women. It is a type of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
It is used to treat Menopause symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal changes, night sweats, mood swings, etc.
It helps prevent Osteoporosis (bone thinning) in women past menopause.
In women with ovarian failure, decreased Estrogen levels are also treated with Estradiol.
Progynova 2mg with other medicines are used to treat a few forms of Prostate and Breast cancer.
How does Progynova work
Your ovaries produce fewer hormones as you age; after menopause, they entirely release insufficient amounts of Estrogen.
Progynova 2 mg contains Estradiol, which replaces the female hormone Estrogen that the body produces naturally.
It works identically to the biological Estrogen.
It also suppresses the process of Bone resorption process to prevent Osteoporosis in menopausal women.
How to take Progynova
Take Progynova 2 mg tablet as your doctor directs; the dosage will depend on your medical condition.
- Simply just swallow the whole pill. Don't break, grind or dissolve the medicine
- You can take it either with or without food. However, try to take it with food to prevent stomachaches
- Take it every day at the same time
- Don't abruptly stop taking it; speak to your doctor first
- Do not use it excessively or for a longer period than your doctor prescribed
Don't overdose, if you believe you took too much of this medication and start to have any strange symptoms, call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest healthcare center.
Overdosing can cause Nausea, Vomiting, and Vaginal bleeding.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dosage by any chance, take it when you realize it. If your next scheduled dose is near, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule.
Avoid taking a dose twice to compensate for a missing dosage.
Check the other available Progynova strengths:
Side effects of Progynova
Progynova may cause specific unwanted side effects. Follow your doctor's instructions to prevent these effects.
Some side effects include
- Skin pigmentation
- Thinning scalp hair
- Pulmonary Embolism
- High blood pressure or Hypertension
- Chest pain
- Changes in the amount of vaginal secretion
- Nipple discharge
- Stomach pain
- Breasts Tenderness
- Swelling of the eyelids, face, fingers, lips, hands, feet, or lower legs
These temporary effects are uncommon and require minimal medical attention. If they cause you any worry, consult a physician immediately.
Interactions may decrease the effectiveness of your drugs or increase the risk of adverse effects. Discuss all potential drug interactions with your physician.
These medications should not be taken along with Progynova without consulting a physician. It covers herbal and vitamin supplements in addition to prescription and non-prescription medicines.
- Topiramate and Felbamate (used for Epilepsy)
- Verapamil (used to treat Heart diseases)
- Erythromycin (treats Bacterial infections)
- Griseofulvin, Fluconazole (used to treat Fungal infections)
- St John's Wort (Herbal medicine)
- Nevirapine, Efavirenz (used to treat HIV infection)
- Rifabutin (used to treat Tuberculosis)
Inform your physician about your diseases to prevent drug-disease interactions:
- Breast cancer, known or suspected
- Abnormal or unusual vaginal bleeding
- Blood clots (e.g., deep vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
- Stroke, active or history
- Liver disease
- Migraine headache
- Liver tumors
- Epilepsy (Seizures)
- Angioedema or Anaphylaxis
- Gallbladder disease
Grapefruit and Grapefruit juice may interact with Progynova and cause unknown adverse effects. Avoid grapefruit-containing food products.
Adhere to specific contraindications before using this medication:
- Inform your doctor if you experience unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting, abnormal vaginal discharge, or vaginal pain while taking Progynova 2mg tablet
- It may increase Breast Cancer risk. While using this medicine, you should see your doctor regularly for breast exams
- Using this drug, mainly if you are a woman over 65, may raise your chance of developing Dementia
- If you are pregnant, avoid using Estradiol. You must tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant while taking treatment
- Stop taking this medicine immediately if you suffer unexplained limb swelling and discomfort, shortness of breath, chest pain, or changes in your eyesight
- The medication must be stored at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight
- Prevent freezing
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not store unused or expired medicines
- Ask your doctor how to dispose of unneeded medications
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
Can I get pregnant after taking Progynova 2 mg?
This medicine Progynova is not a contraceptive. It will not prevent pregnancy from occurring.
Does Progynova 2 mg tablet increase weight?
Progynova 2 mg tablet may cause weight gain or loss. It is a typical adverse effect of the Progynova tablet. However, frequent exercise and a balanced diet can help avoid weight gain. If you observe a weight increase that causes concern, you should consult a physician.
Can you have a period while taking Progynova?
Progynova 2 mg will not cause withdrawal bleeding that happens during the period. However, you may encounter spotting or breakthrough bleeding during the initial therapy months.
When should I stop taking Progynova?
Stop using Progynova 2 mg immediately if you develop Jaundice or if your doctor checks that your blood pressure is higher or if you experience an increase in Seizures. If you have any of these symptoms, immediately stop taking the medication and contact your doctor.
What does Progynova do to your body?
The active substance in the Progynova tablet is Estradiol. It acts by replacing the Estrogen that the body normally produces. It prevents menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal burning, dryness, and itching in women experiencing menopause.
Reviews 3 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]