Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Progynova 1mg
Progynova 1mg tablet contains Estradiol, a primary form of Estrogen hormone.
It is a type of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to treat symptoms related to Menopause (hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and itching).
It is also potent to treat Estrogen deficiency and Osteoporosis (thinning of Bones).
It is a Prescription based drug that can only be purchased on the doctor's recommendation.
Bayer Zydus Pharma is the leading pharmaceutical company that manufactures Progynova 1mg.
Progynova 1mg uses
Progynova 1mg pill containing Estradiol, which compensates for the loss of Estrogen production in Menopausal women
Relieves Menopausal symptoms
It helps to relieve most of the Menopausal symptoms like
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Night sweats
- Reduced sex drive
- Mood swings
It is a condition in which your bones become weak and brittle, and even a little stress on bones or joints can make a person vulnerable to fracture.
Women who are past menopause are at the highest risk of Osteoporosis.
A lower-than-usual level of Estrogen is referred to as Estrogen insufficiency. Estrogen reduces with age, and this medicine addresses this issue very effectively.
Along with other anticancer medicines, Progynova 1mg tablet is also used to treat Prostate and Breast cancer.
How does Progynova 1mg work
As you age, your ovaries generate fewer hormones. Once you've gone through menopause, they produce very low estrogen levels.
The postmenopausal stage requires a substitute for the naturally produced Estrogen.
Estradiol is the major component of Progynova 1mg.
It functions by replacing the female hormone Estrogen that the body no longer produces naturally or produces in extremely low amounts.
Its effects are identical to biological Estrogen.
It also inhibits the Bone Resorption process in Menopausal women to prevent Osteoporosis.
How to take Progynova 1mg
Take Progynova 1mg tablet as the doctor advises. Your medical condition will determine the dosage.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Don't break or grind it
- Take it either with or without food
- Don't stop taking it suddenly. Consult your doctor first
- Do not use it excessively or for a longer period than your doctor prescribed
First of all, don't overdose. However, if you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experiencing any odd symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Progynova 1mg tablet could make the medication less effective. Take a missed dose when you recall. If your next dose is nearly scheduled, skip the missed one and continue your regular dosing schedule.
Check the other available strengths of Progynova is:
Side effects of Progynova 1mg
Progynova 1mg pill may have some side effects. Stick to your doctor's prescription to avoid any adverse effects.
- Migraine or signs of stroke
- Yellowing of your skin or eyes
- Allergic reactions
- Breasts Tenderness
- Stomach pain
- Painful Breasts
These temporary effects are rare that hardly need medical attention. If they cause you any concern, contact your doctor immediately.
Interactions can alter how your medications function or raise the possibility of adverse effects. To learn about all the potential interactions, speak with your doctor.
Other medications should not be taken unless discussed with your doctor. It includes herbal, and vitamin supplements as well as Prescription and nonprescription medications
- Phenytoin, Primidone, Carbamazepine (used for Epilepsy)
- Rifampicin (used to treat Tuberculosis)
- Ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection)
- St John's Wort (Herbal Medicine)
- Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat Fungal infection)
- Erythromycin (treats Bacterial infections)
- Verapamil (used to treat Heart diseases)
Inform your doctor about your conditions to avoid any drug-disease interactions:
- Abnormal Vaginal bleeding
- Gall Bladder disease
- Liver disease
- Fluid retention
- Glucose intolerance
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Retinal Thrombosis
Grapefruit juice and Grapefruit may interact with Progynova 1mg, leading to uncertain side effects. Avoid the intake of grapefruit products.
Precautions before using Progynova 1mg
Some contraindications must be taken care of before using this medication:
- If you are pregnant, avoid using Estradiol. If you become pregnant while receiving treatment, inform your doctor immediately
- While using Progynova 1mg tablet, let your doctor know if you suffer any vaginal bleeding or spotting, abnormal vaginal discharge, or vaginal pain
- It might make Breast Cancer risk higher. Visit your doctor timely for regular breast checkups while on this medication
- When using this medication, especially if you're a woman over 65, your risk of developing Dementia may increase
- If you experience swelling and discomfort in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, or changes in eyesight, stop taking this medication and contact your doctor immediately
- The medication should be kept at room temperature in a closed container away from heat, moisture, and bright light
- Prevent freezing
- Keep out of children's reach
- Do not store expired or unnecessary medications
- Ask your healthcare provider how to dispose of unneeded medicines
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after taking Progynova 1mg pill?
Progynova tablet substitutes the hormone Estrogen that the body no longer produces and prevents symptoms like hot flashes, sweats, sleep difficulties, depressed moods, irritability, dizziness, headaches, and vaginal dryness and burning.
Does Progynova 1mg prevent pregnancy?
Progynova 1mg pill will not prevent pregnancy from occurring. Ask your doctor if you have any queries about the working of this medication. Your physician may have prescribed it for a different purpose.
What does Progynova do to your body?
Estradiol is the active ingredient in the Progynova tablet. It functions by replacing the Estrogen typically produced by the body. It avoids menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal burning, dryness, and itching in women who have reached menopause.
Can Progynova cause bleeding?
In the first several months of treatment, breakthrough bleeding and spotting may occur. The cause should be examined if breakthrough bleeding or spotting occurs after some time of treatment or persists after the medication has been discontinued.
Is Progynova good for pregnancy?
Progynova is not for use in pregnant women. However, if pregnancy occurs while taking Progynova, the medicine should be discontinued promptly.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]