Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Farobact 200
Farobact 200 is a medicine mainly used to treat infections in the urinary tract, respiratory tract, skin, ears, nose, and gynecological diseases.
It is an antibiotic that treats bacterial infections.
Bacterial infection is when harmful bacteria develop and infect the body.
It can infect and multiply in any part of the body.
It contains Faropenem as an active ingredient that kills bacteria by blocking the production of the bacterial cell wall required for survival.
Farobact is the only oral medication in its class.
Cipla, one of the best pharmaceutical companies, manufactures the various strengths of Farobact.
Uses of Farobact 200
Farobact 200 treats respiratory tract bacterial infections, including the nose, ears, lungs, and tonsils.
It also treats kidney and bladder infections and prostate and skin infections.
It is typically used to treat infections that have not responded to other antibiotics.
How does Farobact 200 mg work
Farobact 200 mg is an antibiotic that has a main ingredient called Faropenem.
Faropenem belongs to the beta-lactam antibiotic class of medicines.
It works by preventing bacterial cell wall formation, which is an outer covering that protects bacteria.
Bacterial cells will die if they do not have a cell wall.
As a result, it helps eliminate the bacteria responsible for the infection.
How to take medicine
- Farobact 200 should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- Your doctor will advise you on how frequently you should take your prescriptions based on your medical condition
- Consume it whole with a glass of water. It should not be crushed, chewed, or broken
- You can take this medicine with or without food, although it works best when taken regularly at the same time
- Do not double the medicine's dose to compensate for a missing one
- Call your doctor immediately if you believe you may have taken too much Farobact 200 and are experiencing adverse effects
- Keep taking this medication until the total prescribed dose is completed, even if your symptoms disappear after a few days
Side effects of Farobact 200 mg
Some people may experience the following adverse effects, but you can avoid them if you follow your doctor's instructions:
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Loss of appetite
- Vitamin deficiency
If you continue to experience significant difficulties with these side effects, you should talk to your doctor.
Interactions between medicines may modify their effectiveness or increase the chance of side effects.
- Sodium Valproate
Never change the dosage of any medicine or start a new one without discussing it with your doctor.
- Kidney disease
- Family history of Atopy
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption
- Galactose intolerance
The effects of a medicine on a given individual can vary widely. Before starting any new medication, you should discuss with your doctor any possible interactions.
- Consult a doctor before using Farobact 200 mg if you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- In pregnant women, Farobact should be used with caution. Before taking this medication, ask your doctor
- Alcohol consumption is not recommended when using Farobact
- In patients with severe kidney problems, Farobact should be used with care. Seek counsel from your doctor
- Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to Farobact or any other medications
- Contact your doctor immediately if you observe blood in your stools or experience severe abdominal pain due to Diarrhea
- If you have kidney disease or a tendency to have allergic responses, you should talk to your doctor
- You should take the Farobact 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor
- Don't start any new medicines without first consulting your doctor. It covers both prescribed and over-the-counter drugs, such as vitamins and herbs
- Tell your doctor if you experience any reactions to this medication
- Complete the course of treatment recommended by your doctor to avoid reinfection
- If you are still experiencing symptoms of illness after completing your treatment plan, you should talk to your doctor
Keep this medicine out of direct sunlight and in a dry, cool area.
Store it in the original packaging, where children and dogs can't get to it.
Do not use this medication after the expiry date printed on the package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Farobact 200?
Farobact treats various bacterial infections, including those of the urinary system, respiratory tract, skin, ears, nose, and gynecological diseases. Farobact prevents the production of the bacterial cell wall, which is required for survival.
What are the side effects of Faropenem?
Skin rash, nausea, abdominal pain, and Diarrhea are examples of their most common side effects. These are usually minor and go away on their own. However, if they bother you or last for an extended period, please contact your doctor.
How do you take Farobact 200?
Take Farobact in the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Take it all at once. It should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. Farobact can be taken with or without food, although it is best to take it simultaneously every day.
Is Faropenem safe for kidneys?
While taking Faropenem, monitoring kidney and liver function is recommended as it can cause side effects that can worsen the condition.
Is Faropenem a strong antibiotic?
Meropenem, Imipenem, Ertapenem, and Faropenem are all examples of Carbapenem antibiotics, which are typical β-lactam antibiotics with a wide range of activity against bacteria and are very effective. They are the most crucial antibacterial medications in treating life-threatening bacterial infections.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]