Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Permite 5 cream
Permite 5 Cream is a medication that contains Permethrin and treats Parasitic infections.
It is used to treat Scabies, a skin condition where tiny insects infest and irritate your skin.
This medication treats the infection by killing the mites and their eggs.
This prescription-based medicine is FDA-approved and can only be purchased with a doctor's recommendation.
What is Permite cream used for
Permite 5 cream containing Permethrin is prescribed for treating Scabies.
Scabies is an intensely itchy parasitic skin infection caused by the tiny burrowing mite called Sarcoptes Scabiei.
Microscopically small, the Scabies mite burrows into the skin's upper layer, where it lives and lays its eggs.
The symptoms of Scabies include skin rash (swollen and irritated skin) and intense itching. The need to itch may be stronger at bedtime.
The Scabies mite is spread by direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact or by sharing clothing or bedding with a person who has Scabies.
Additionally, 1% Permethrin lotion is used to treat head lice infections. It works by killing both lice and their eggs.
How does Permite 5 cream work
5 Permite Cream contain Permethrin, which belongs to the Pyrethroids chemical family.
It works by destroying the Scabies-causing tiny insects (mites) and their eggs. It also kills head lice, which develop in the scalp and irritate it.
It affects the insect's nervous system. It disrupts the function of neurons by interfering with sodium channels and causes muscles to spasm, resulting in paralysis and death.
How do you use Permite 5%
Please consult your physician, as they will provide the most appropriate usage instructions based on your medical condition.
- Permite 5% Cream is only indicated for topical use
- Before administering this cream, the afflicted region should be thoroughly cleaned
- Apply a thin layer of cream as directed by your physician
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth, as irritation may occur
- Do not exceed the specified application amount
- Wash your hands properly before and after applying each product
- Leave the cream on your skin for eight to twelve hours, then remove it with soap and water
- Change into clean clothes
- Typically, it is used once each week. Consult your physician if your condition does not improve after the first dose
Side effects of Permite 5 cream
Permite 5% cream may induce some adverse effects. Follow your doctor's advice to avoid these side effects
- Redness of the skin
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Itching or rash
- Tingling and numbness of the skin
- Infected and pus-filled areas on the skin
- Stomach pain
Many patients using this medicine do not experience severe adverse effects. However, consult your doctor immediately if you experience any side effects that cause you concern.
Interactions may reduce the efficacy of your medications or increase the risk of side effects. Discuss all possible interactions with your healthcare provider.
Since this medication is intended for topical application, it is less likely to interact with other drugs. However, you should always consult your physician if you are also taking other treatments for other health conditions.
Patients with other skin infections, Ragweed allergies must use Permite 5% cream cautiously.
Precautions before using Permite 5 cream
Take into consideration some cautions while using Permite 5% cream:
- Consult your doctor if you have known allergies to Permethrin or if you have any other allergies before using it
- Before using this drug, you should inform your doctor of your medical history, particularly of: skin infections and Asthma
- Permite 5% Cream is not for use in children younger than two months of age
- Scratching the skin or scalp repeatedly or aggressively may result in a bacterial infection. Notify your doctor immediately if your redness or pus worsens.
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant before taking this medication
- Consult your physician before breastfeeding
- After using Permite 5 Cream, sanitize the bed, clothes, furniture, and other items in your home to prevent a recurrence of the infection
- Keep out of children's reach
- Keep the medication at room temperature, out of direct heat, moisture, and light
- Prevent freezing.
- Do not keep out-of-date or unnecessary medications
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use Permethrin cream daily?
Permethrin administered topically once daily is regarded as the most efficient treatment for Scabies.
Can Permethrin damage your skin?
Scabies can cause skin irritation, including itching, swelling, and redness, which may temporarily worsen after Permethrin treatment. Additionally, mild burning or stinging may occur. Inform your doctor immediately if these side effects continue or worsen.
How effective is Permethrin cream for Scabies?
With the Permethrin 5% treatment for Scabies, you can expect a response rate of over 90% after a single application. A second treatment can often make it work even better.
For how long should Permethrin be left on the skin?
Leave the Permethrin cream on for eight to fourteen hours. Rinse off with a shower. Change into fresh, clean clothes.
What does Scabies feed on?
Scabies causing mites that burrow beneath the top layer of human skin, feed on blood and lay eggs. Scabies is intensely itchy and causes grey lines and red bumps on the skin.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com