and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
What is Flixotide 100 Diskus
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg contains Fluticasone Propionate, which is used to reduce inflammation in the lungs and prevents wheezing, shortness of breath, and Asthma attacks.
It is a preventer inhaler for those who experience lung inflammation, wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.
It also contains an inactive ingredient, Lactose Monohydrate.
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg is a prescription-only drug purchased only with a doctor's recommendation.
What is Flixotide Diskus used for
Fluticasone Propionate, the active ingredient of Flixotide 100 Diskus, treats the symptoms of Asthma and helps prevent Asthma attacks.
Asthma is a disorder that inflames and constricts the airways and may increase mucus production.
It can make breathing difficult and cause coughing, wheezing (a whistling sound when exhaling), and shortness of breath.
Fluticasone Propionate is also potent in treating Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
COPD is a lung disease that leads to airflow blockage and causes breathing-related problems.
Another strength of this inhaler is Flixotide Diskus 250mcg, which gets recommended for treating COPD along with long-acting Bronchodilators (such as long-acting Beta-agonists)
Working of Flixotide 100 Diskus
Fluticasone Propionate is the main salt of Flixotide Diskus.
Fluticasone Propionate belongs to a class of medicines called Corticosteroids.
Corticosteroids resemble Cortisol, a hormone produced by the Adrenal Glands in the human body. Cortisol has many essential biological functions, including inflammatory control.
Fluticasone decreases the generation of chemical messengers (Prostaglandins) that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways.
It has potent anti-inflammatory properties that effectively reduce lung inflammation.
How do you use Flixotide 100 Diskus
Always follow your doctor's instructions regarding when to use your inhaler and how many puffs you should take each time
- Even when asymptomatic, consistently take this drug for the most benefit
- Inhale this medicine orally as directed by your physician. Typically, it is advisable to use this two times daily
- Rinse your mouth with water properly after each use to prevent infections in the mouth and throat
- As instructed, wipe the inhaler's mouthpiece at least once each week
Flixotide is available in different strengths as well:
Side effects of Flixotide 100 Diskus
When taken with caution, Flixotide has minimal to no adverse effects. However, after using it, one may experience common issues, such as
- Fungal infection of the mouth
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle, or joint) pain
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sore throat
- Allergic reactions
- Increased heart rate
- Vision issues
These adverse effects are uncommon, and relatively few persons experience them.
Fluticasone Propionate, the active ingredient in Flixotide Diskus, may interact with other medications, diseases, and foods.
Learn about interactions between medicines to identify pairings patients should avoid.
In medicine-disease interactions, the medication used to treat one disease worsens the state of a patient suffering from another illness.
Some drug-disease interactions:
- Hepatic Impairment
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
- Ocular Herpes Simplex
- Ocular Toxicities
Precautions before using Flixotide 100 Diskus
Before using, determine the following contraindications:
- Stop using this medication if you are allergic to Fluticasone Propionate or other constituents
- It is not immediately effective and should not be used for sudden breathing difficulties. Utilize your rescue inhaler to alleviate sudden breathing problems
- It is recommended to avoid this during pregnancy unless essential. Ask your doctor before using this medicine while pregnant
- Before using it, you should seek medical advice if you are breastfeeding
- It may produce dizziness and blurring. Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery
- Do not alter your dosage or instantly stop taking your medicine. It may worsen the situation
- Store it at room temperature and away from sunlight and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep any drugs away from children and pets.
- This medication should be appropriately discarded when it has expired or is no longer needed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAOs)
Is Flixotide a steroid inhaler?
Flixotide contains a medicine called Fluticasone Propionate. It is a medication that belongs to the class of medicines known as Corticosteroids, also known as Steroids. They are different from "Anabolic Steroids," which athletes sometimes misuse.
How often can you take Flixotide?
Talk to your doctor for the best suggestion based on your medical condition. However, taking the usual dose in the range of 100 to 1000 micrograms is advisable twice daily.
Can Flixotide cause coughing?
This medication may induce Paradoxical Bronchospasm, worsening your breathing or wheezing. After taking this medication, consult your doctor immediately if you experience coughing, difficulty breathing, or wheezing.
What is Flixotide Diskus used for?
Flixotide prevents asthma attacks in people who require regular treatment. This is why it is also known as a preventer.
What age is Flixotide for?
Flixotide is indicated for the prevention of Asthma in adults and children older than one year of age.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]