and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Kenacort Injection 40 mg/1 ml
|Label of unit||1 Injection|
About the brand name of the drug:
Kenacort 40 is an injection which consist of synthetic corticosteroid having triamcinolone acetonide. Kenacort A-40 is used to treat allergic diseases ,skin problems, arthritis and many more diseases.it is also used in the treatment of pain of the muscles, joints or tendons by injecting onto the site from where the pain is arising.
It is actually a suspension for injection .It consist of Triamcinolone as the main ingredient and is known by the brand name Kenalog in USA.It is been manufactured by the well known Pharmaceutical Company Abott, India.
About the drug:
Kenacort A-40 injection is a triamcinolone injection which consist of a synthetically manufactured corticosteroid containing triamcinolone acetonide. It is used for the treatment of allergic diseases ,skin problems, muscle, joint, tendon pain. It is injected deep into these areas to prevent from the pain.
It comes in the form of a packaged vial with a dose of 40 mg in a white colored carton .It is been manufactured by Abbott Laboratories India .
The alternatives or substitutes of Kenacort A-40 are :
- Amcort 40 mg- Manufactured by Pharma Drugs and Chemicals
- Becort 40 mg - Manufactured by Bluebell Pharma
- Cinalife 40 mg- Manufactured by Invision Medi Science Pvt Ltd .
- Comcort 40 mg- Manufactured by Comed Chemicals PVt Ltd
- Darcort 40 mg - Manufactured by Odin Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Gemcort 40 mg - Manufactured by Genetic Pharma.
About the salt of the drug:
The Kenacort A-40 injection consists of Triamcinolone Acetonide as the active ingredient .Each 1 ml of injection contains 40 mg of Triamcinolone Acetonide.It is a synthetic corticosteroid used to treat various medical conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eye diseases, skin diseases.
It consist of an open ring structure and is an esterified form of triamcinolone and is the acetonide salt of Triamcinolone.It comes in the form of suspension which is to be used for the injection after mixing with
Medical uses of the drug:
It is well known medication used for the treatment of :
- Rheumatoid Arthritis-It is used to relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis such as pain, swelling ,stiffness of the joints.
- Other types of arthritis like Gouty Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Bursitis and also in the treatment of Synovitis (inflammation of the Synovial membrane )
- Used for treatment of Alopecia (hair loss).
- Psoriasis -used in the treatment of skin disease characterised by itchy skin,redness, sore patches on the skin.
- Allergy- It is also used for the treatment of allergies and Hypersensitivity ,Allergic Rhinitis (itching, stuffy nose, watery eyes), Eczema (skin rash and redness).
- Stomatitis - it is also used for the treatment of inflammation of the stomach.
- It is used to relieve pain which might be arising in the muscles, tendons or joints .
- Endocrine Disorders- This medication is also useful for the treatment primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency .
Working of the drug:
Side effects: Kenacort A-40 is made up of Triamcinolone Acetonide which might be responsible for some of the side effects-
- Muscle Weakness- a feeling of reduced strength in the muscles
- Dizziness- impairment in the stability which might lead to unconsciousness.
- Fluid retention- accumulation of fluid at the site of injection as well as salt retention might occur.
- Tiredness and sweating
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Convulsions- sudden jerky and shaky movements of the hands and limbs which might is similar to epilepsy.
- Insomnia- lack of sleep
- Sore eyes - which leads to redness, discomfort or burning sensation in the eye
- Shortness of breath - a person might feel difficulty in breathing if he administers Kenacort A-40
- Anxiety- a behaviour characterised by nervousness and fear.
- Numbness or tingling sensation in the arm.
- Itching irritation and redness might occur in some cases.
How to use:
- This formulation is suitable for Intramuscular and Intra Articular use only.This formulation is not for Intradermal use.shake well before use.
- Depending on the condition the medication will be injected at the required site by a trained Healthcare Professional only
- If you yourself are giving the injection you must first train yourself with an expert.
- Avoid to inject the medication into a vein, spine , around the eyes,or nose as it might lead to severe damage to these parts.
- Follow the dosing schedule exactly as given by the doctor.
- Wash hands with soap or water and check the product visually, there should not be any clump or discoloration.before injecting clean the site by alcohol and change the location site if pain persists.
Drugs that interact with this medicine:
Below are some of the drug interactions commonly observed with Kenacort 40 mg -
- Aspirin - using aspirin with triamcinolone may increase the risk of gastrointestinal side effects such as inflammation,bleeding, ulcers
- Lomustine- lomustine and Kenacort 40 mg both have the same effects due to which the risk of immunosuppression increases
- Warfarin- Kenacort 40 mg may alter the effects of Warfarin. Both increased and decreased effects have been reported
- Ketoconazole- ketoconazole might inhibit the action of Kenacort 40 mg and hence reducing the effect.
- Rifampin and similar drugs- the use of Rifampin and similar drugs may reduce the bioavailability of Kenacort 40 mg hence dose adjustments are important.
- Primidone -coadministration of Kenacort 40 mg with rifampin may lead to decreased exposure to triamcinolone .
- Pimozide - if administered with Kenacort 40 mg it might lead to Qt wave prolongation and might result into arrhythmia.
When to avoid taking this drug:
There are many circumstances where you must avoid taking Kenacort 40 mg as it can lead to certain complications:
- Severe kidney impairment-This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney disease. Dose adjustment is needed while administering Kenacort 40 mg
- Hyperlipidemia - Kenacort 40 mg should be used with care in people having hyperlipidemia as the risk of increase in serum triglycerides and LDL increase in
- Liver disease - Kenacort 40 mg should be used with great care in patients suffering from liver disease due to increased risk of adverse effects.Close monitoring of liver function is necessary.
- Myocardial Infarction- administration of Triamcinolone may lead to non ST wave elimination leading to a threatening condition.hence proper care must be taken in people suffering from myocardial infarction.
Things to avoid while taking this drug:
Always remember to follow the below-mentioned instructions to avoid any untoward happenings:
- Drugs which interact with Kenacort 40 mg such as aspirin, rifampin, lomustine, primidone, pimozide, should be avoided while taking Kenacort 40 mg.
- Avoid driving while taking this drug as you may experience dizziness or convulsions.
General information and Precautions:
• Pregnancy- This medication should not be used in pregnancy unless very necessary. All the side effects , risks should be first discussed with the physician and the only administered.
• Lactation- This medication is not recommended while breastfeeding unless very necessary.If used the infant should be closely monitored.but it's better to opt for a safer alternative.
• Alcohol consumption -It is safe with alcohol and no such interaction has been found with alcohol.
• Driving and operating heavy machinery- ability of driving does not get impaired while a person is consuming Kenacort 40 mg
- It should be keep away from children and stored in a closed container at room temperature .
- Do not keep outdated medicine or expired medicine.
- Check for any color alternation or any unknown particles observed.
General FAQs regarding the drug:
What should be done if I miss a dose of Kenacort 40 mg?
Ans. Take the missed dose as soon as possible ,if it is almost time for the next dose you can skip the missed dose . Do not take extra doses if you have missed the dose.
What should be done if someone takes an overdose of Kenacort 40mg?
Ans. Overdose of Triamcinolone does not lead to life threatening situations but prolonged use might lead to thinning skin, easy bruising, changes in the shape and location of body fat.If overdose seek medical attention or contact a physician immediately.
Can patients suffering from osteoporosis take Kenacort 40 mg?
Ans. No, patients who are suffering from osteoporosis should not consume Kenacort as it may worsen the condition and might lead to more complications.
Can this Injection be stopped Abruptly ?
Ans. Yes, Glycomet 500 mg when used for a longer time might result into reduced levels of vitamin B12 hence proper supplements should be taken along with it.
Does Glycomet 500 mg is used in clearing Acne ?
Ans. No, Not really. But it has been observed that in patients suffering from PCOD it has been clearing facial acne and pimples leading to clear skin. It also solves other problems like hair facial hair and irregular menstruation.
|Label of unit||1 Injection|