Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Tiova Rotacaps
Tiova Rotacap is used to treat symptoms of Asthma (wheezing and shortness of breath) and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
It contains Tiotropium Bromide, a class of Anticholinergic medications that relax the muscles around the airways.
Tiova Rotacaps - 18mcg help to decrease and prevent shortness of breath, chest tightness, coughing, wheezing, and fatigue due to breathing strain.
Cipla manufactures Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg.
Tiova Rotacap is a prescription medicine. Your doctor will prescribe Tiova and provide usage instructions.
Tiova Rotacaps uses
Tiova Rotacap is a Bronchodilator used as a maintenance treatment for Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Asthma is characterized by narrowed and swollen airways that may produce excess mucus.
It triggers coughing, wheezing, chest pain, and shortness of breath and can make breathing difficult.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
COPD is a progressive lung disorder that causes airflow obstruction, making it hard to exhale air out of the lungs.
It is a blanket term for Chronic Bronchitis (swelling of the air passages that lead to the lungs), Emphysema (damage to air sacs in the lungs), and a combination of the two.
Its symptoms include a cough that may produce mucus, wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, lack of energy, and tiredness due to breathing strain.
How does Tiova Rotacap work
Tiotropium Bromide, the active ingredient of Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg.
Tiotropium Bromide is a long-acting Anticholinergic Bronchodilator. It inhibits the M3 receptor in the smooth muscle of the lungs.
This inhibition leads to the relaxation of the muscles around the airways, which makes breathing easier.
How do you use a Tiova Rotacap
Always use this Tiova precisely as prescribed by your doctor. These tips might help you:
- Based on your situation, your doctor will decide the dosage and duration of your medication
- Inhale this medicine orally as instructed by your doctor. Usually, two times daily are advised.
- Even when asymptomatic, take this medication routinely to get maximum benefit
- Keep the capsule at the bottom of the Rotahaler, not in the mouthpiece
- Turn the mouthpiece until you hear a click, then inhale deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for around ten seconds
- Rinse your mouth properly with water to prevent infections in your mouth and throat after each use
Tiova Rotacaps side effects
Tiova Rotacap may cause specific adverse effects. However, you can avoid them if you follow your doctor's advice.
- Fast heartbeat
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Difficult or painful urination
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
These side effects are uncommon and impact a small number of people. In addition, these are temporary symptoms that require minimal medical attention.
Interactions of Tiova Rotacap
Interactions can cause adverse effects. Before beginning any drug, you should consider all possible interactions with your physician.
Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any of these mentioned medicines or additional medications:
If you have any of the mentioned diseases, it may interact negatively with them. Make sure to inform your doctor in advance:
Before using this medication, consider the following precautions:
- Do not take this medication if you are allergic to Tiotropium Bromide or other constituents
- It does not function immediately and should not be used for sudden breathing difficulties. Utilize your rescue inhaler to relieve sudden breathing difficulties
- Use of Tiova Rotacap during pregnancy is not recommended unless necessary. Before using this medication while pregnant, visit your doctor
- If you are nursing your infant, you should get medical guidance before using it
- It may cause dizziness and vision blurring. Do not operate any machinery or drive while taking this medication. Consult your physician for advice
- Do not immediately change your dosage or stop taking your medication without consulting your doctor
- Keep it at room temperature where there is no moisture and light. Do not freeze
- Keep all medications away from children and pets
- When this medicine has expired or is no longer needed, it should be discarded properly
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
How long does Tiova Rotacap take to work?
Tiova Rotacap - 18 mcg begins to act within 30 minutes, and you may experience easier breathing after the first dose. Approximately three to seven days are required to obtain the full effects.
Is Tiova Rotacap a steroid?
The Tiova Rotacap is not a steroid but rather an Anticholinergic medication. It works by relaxing the airways in the lungs, thus making breathing easier.
Is Tiova Rotacap a habit-forming medicine?
There have been no reports of Tiova Rotacaps being a habit-forming medicine.
Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Its interaction with alcohol is unknown. However, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on this medication. Consult your doctor for the best suggestion.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]