and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Ivecop 12 mg
|Manufacturer||Tosc International, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About the brand name of the drug:
Ivecop 12 mg is a very effective medicine to treat worm infections of skin and intestine. It is used to treat scabies ( skin disorder characterized by infestation of skin with microscopic enzymes) and filariasis ( skin disease that affects lymph nodes and lymph vessels in the body). It is taken as a single dose with empty stomach. The brand name in the USA for this medication is Stromectol. Ivecop 12 mg comes in a pack of 10 tablets with INR 50.
About the drug:
Ivecop 12 mg is an anthelmintic ( destroy parasitic worms) drug. It contains Ivermectin as the main Ingredient. It comes in varying strengths ranging from 3mg,6mg and 12 mg. it comes as a white round shaped tablet. It is taken orally with water. Initially taken at a dose of 200mcg/kg/body weight.
There are alternative brands which contain the same amount of Ivercop 12 mg :
• Ivermectol 12 mg- Manufactured by Sun pharma Ltd.
• Iverin 12 mg- Manufactured by Satven and Mer.
• Iverscab 12 mg- Manufactured by Nulife Pharmaceuticals.
• Ivercop 12 mg- Manufactured by Macro Labs Pvt Ltd.
About the salt of the drug:
Ivecop 12 mg contains Ivermectin as the active salt content . It is an anthelmintic drug. It treats skin disorders that occurs from worms and parasites. It acts by paralyzing the worms and ultimately causing death. It should be given empty stomach as a single dose. It should not be given in children weighing below 15 kg. it is available at all leading pharmacies and drugstores. Ivecop 12 mg should be taken at a fixed time. Take this medication only when the doctor prescribes you.
Medical uses of the drug:
Ivecop 12 mg is used for the following diseases :
• Scabies : It is a parasitic infection which is caused by sarcoptes scabiei. It develops into an allergic reaction due to proteins and faeces of mites.
• Filariasis : worms release microfilaria into the bloodstream.
• Various parasitic skin infections : symptoms like itching , blindness are treated by this medication.
• Parasitic Abdominal Infections
• Various worm infections like pin worm, thread worm
• Inflammatory diseases.
Working of the drug:
Ivercop 12 mg belongs to the broad spectrum of anti-parasitic drugs. It contains Ivermectin as an active ingredient. It used to treat glutamate-gated chloride ion channels which are present in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells. This medicine effect increases the influx of chloride ions and causes hyper-polarization ( blocks action potential) of nerve cells, resulting in paralysis and ultimately death of the parasite.
Ivercop 12 mg is associated with a large number of side effects.
• Abdominal pain
• Loss of appetite
• Chest pain
• Swollen eyes
• Nausea and vomiting
If the side effects worsen , immediately contact the doctor.
How to use:
Follow all the instructions given by your doctor to avoid unnecessary complications:
• Follow dosing regimen prescribed by your physician
• This medication is taken 1 hour prior to food
• Check the label properly before using it.
• Take the drug in empty stomach.
• Seek emergency medical treatment or consult a doctor in case of allergy.
• Do not chew, crush or break the medication. This reduces it effect.
Drugs that interact with this medicine:
Below are some of the drug interactions commonly observed with Ivecop 12 mg :
• Warfarin : it may increase the bleeding from the infected tissue.
• Oxcarbazepine: it may worsen the condition.
• Bradycardia: it further decreases the heart rate.
• Lung disease: it causes difficulty in breathing and may cause asthma.
When to avoid taking this drug
There are many circumstances where you must avoid taking Ivecop 12 mg as it can lead to complications:
• Allergy- when you have any sensitivity reactions towards composition of Ivercop 12 mg, it is always advisable to avoid taking this medication.
• Caution should be maintained in patients with a history of asthma or weakened immune system.
• Patients that have serious brain problems, back pain, eye bleeding should stay away from this medication.
• Not to be given to patients of lungs and kidney problem.
• Mazzotti reaction: it is a cutaneous and systemic adverse effect.
• Loa loa infection: avoid in such patients or else would lead to fatal encephalopathy.. the symptoms include neck pain, red eye, urinary incontinence.
Things to avoid while taking this drug:
Always remember to avoid following mentioned items:
• Alcohol consumption : it is unsafe to use because it increases the concentration of the medicine and increases skin rash, headache, dizziness and vomiting.
• Allergies: if found allergic to Ivermectin, stop the medication
• Inform your doctor immediately about any other drugs you are taking to avoid harmful interactions.
• Extreme caution needed in children weighing less than 15 kg. Medication should be avoided in such cases.
• Always use Ivecop 12 mg after medical consultation
• Take the dosage only by consulting a doctor.
• Inform your physician about any sort of disturbances the patient experience when applying this cream.
• Avoid use in children weighing less than 15 kg
• Do not crush or chew. Only swallow it with water.
• Take the medication at a regular interval.
• Do not miss or overdose.
• Stool examinations may be performed with this medication.
• Pregnancy- Ivercop 12 mg is not safe to use in pregnancy. There has been reports of animal studies in which the fetus was affected. Limited studies in humans. Risk benefit ratio should be analyzed.
• Lactation- this medicine is safe during lactation. Reports have shown safety for the same. Hence it is recommended for breastfeeding women.
• Alcohol consumption is harmful with this medication. It increases the drowsiness.
• Driving : should be avoided with this drug. may lead to accidents.
• Organs: Kidney and Liver affected at a higher dose. Limited information available.
This drug must be stored under proper conditions in order to maintain stability :
- Do not keep this medication near heat as it can lead to degradation. Recommended storage temperature 15-25 degree Celsius.
- In order to Stop the entry of moisture, keep the tablets in tightly closed packing
- Keep them away from the reach of children.
- keep it away from pets.
- Direct sunlight is not suitable for this medication. Store in dark and dry place.
- Do not use the medication after the expiry date.
- Do not remove the blister until you are ready to take the medicine.
General FAQs regarding the drug:
What is the average duration of Ivecop 12 mg ?
Ans. Average duration of the medication in the body is 2-3 days.
What do I do if I missed a dose?
Ans. Take it as soon as you remember it. If it is close to the time of the next dose, do not take it, avoid double dose as it may worsen the side effects.
Is there a risk of habit formation while using this medication?
Ans. No. There are no reports showing habit-forming tendencies of this drug.
In which countries Ivecop 12 mg is approved?
Ans. In USA and India.
|Manufacturer||Tosc International, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|