and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Ivecop 6 mg
|Manufacturer||Tosc International, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About brand name of the drug
Ivecop 6 mg is an allopathic formulation available in the form of tablets. These tablets are manufactured by the company Tosc International. The major API responsible for its action is Ivermectin. Ivecop 6 mg is an anthelmintic, prescribed for certain parasitic roundworm infection such as Strongyloidiasis and Onchocerciasis. It kills the worms in the intestines.
About the drug
Ivecop 6 mg contains Ivermectin as the active pharmaceutical ingredient. It is available at online pharmacies, drugstore, and medical stores. The dosage of the tablet is generally determined by the doctor, who decides the dose depending on the age as well as weight of the individual. Ivecop 6 Tablet is an antiparasitic medication. It works by binding the muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis and death. It treats your infection.
About salt of the drug
Ivecop 6 mg is an antibiotic containing Ivermectin which is a member of the anthelminthic family of medicines. Ivermectin belongs to a class of drugs known as anthelmintic. It works by paralyzing and killing parasites. This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections. Curing parasitic infections helps to improve your quality of life. In people with weakened defense (immune) systems, curing roundworm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life-threatening infection.
Medical Uses of the drug
Ivecop 6 mg drug is used for the treatment of the following medical conditions:
- Onchocerciasis: It is used in the treatment of onchocerciasi , a parasitic worm infection caused by Onchocerca volvulus transmitted through the bite of black flies characterized by skin itching and vision impairment.
- Strongyloidiasis: It is used in the treatment of strongyloidiasis which an intestinal infection caused by a roundworm called Strongyloides stercoralis characterized by abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Scabies: It is used in the treatment of scabies which a skin infection caused by a mite is called Sarcoptes scabiei characterized by itching and red rashes on the skin.
Working of a drug
Ivecop 6 mg is an anthelmintic drug. Ivermectin binds selectively and with high affinity to glutamate-gated chloride ion channels in invertebrate muscle and nerve cells of the microfilaria. This binding causes an increase in the permeability of the cell membrane to chloride ions and results in hyperpolarization of the cell, leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Ivermectin also is believed to act as an agonist of the neurotransmitter gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), thereby disrupting GABA-mediated central nervous system (CNS) neurosynaptic transmission.
Major and minor side effects of Ivecop 6 mg are as follows:-
- Skin rash
- Muscle pain
- Increased heartbeat
- Swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
How to use
Tablets are to be swallowed unchewed with fluid. In severe cases or if the patient is unable to take tablets (e.g. patients on enteral nutrition), it is recommended to commence therapy with intravenous ciprofloxacin until a switch to oral administration is possible. The dosage is determined by the indication, the severity and the site of infection, the susceptibility to ciprofloxacin of the causative organism(s), the renal function of the patient and, in children and adolescents the body weight.
Missed Dose: Take the missed dose as soon as one remembers it. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, then the missed dose can be skipped.
Overdose: Discuss with your doctor immediately if an overdose occurs.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
Some potent drugs that interact with Ivecop 6 mg are-
- Valproic acid
- Benzodiazepines such as Clonazepam, Lonazepam
- Barbiturates such as Phenobarbital, Butalbital
- Sodium oxybate (GBH)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin)
- Vitamin B12, C, D3 and K
When to avoid taking the drug
- Allergies: Not recommended in patients with known allergy to Ivecop 6 mg.
- Extreme caution needed in children weighing less than 33 pounds (15 kilograms).
- Caution should be worked in patients with a history of asthma or a weakened immune system, any infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Patients who have other parasite infections may develop with increased risk of serious brain problem with the following symptoms: unusual back pain, eye bleeding, and shortness of breath, failure to control bladder or bowel, trouble walking or standing, mental changes. If it comes too much then consult with your doctor immediately.
Things to avoid when using the drug
While taking Ivecop 6 mg, avoid consumption of-
- Alcohol: Drinking of alcohol is not recommended in patients receiving Ivecop 6 MG Tablet. It may raise the concentration of this medicine and can cause skin rash, headache, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Avoid to drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
General Information and Precautions
- The cream should be applied on the affected area without touch with eyes, lips, and mucosa.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Stool examinations may be performed while taking this medication.
- Take this medication orally with a full glass of water (8 ounces or 240 milliliters) on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal.
- Pregnancy: Ivecop 6 mg is not recommended for pregnant women unless necessary. The risk and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before receiving this medicine.
- Breast-feeding: Ivecop 6 mg is known to excrete in breast milk. It is not recommended in breastfeeding women unless necessary.
- Mazzotti reaction: Patients being treated with Ivecop 6 mg for onchocerciasis may experience mazzotti reaction which is cutaneous and systemic adverse effect. These patients should be monitored closely.
- Pretreatment assessment for Loa loa infection: Patients with significant exposure to endemic areas and being treated with Ivecop 6 MG Tablet for onchocerciasis may have an increase in the risk of fatal encephalopathy. The symptoms include neck pain, red eye, urinary and fecal incontinence, mental status changes, seizures, or coma. Therefore, pretreatment assessment for loiasis is necessary.
- Pediatric use: It is not recommended for children with body weight less than 15 kg.
- Ivecop 6 mg must be stored at room temperature.
- It should be kept away from children.
- It should be kept in a cool and dry place and away from sunlight.
- Outdated or medicine which is not needed anymore should be discarded.
General FAQs regarding the drug
What are the most important side effects of Ivecop 6 mg?
Ans. The most common side effects of Ivecop 6 mg include fever, pruritus and skin rashes.
Does Ivecop 6 mg cause habit forming tendencies?
Ans. No such habit forming tendencies were reported with the use of Ivecop 6 mg.
Can alcohol be consumed with Ivecop 6 mg?
Ans. No, alcohol consumption should be avoided since it causes effects such as dizziness, vomiting skin rashes etc.
|Manufacturer||Tosc International, India|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|