Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Rosubest 10
Rosubest 10 mg, containing Rosuvastatin, helps to lower Cholesterol.
It reduces bad Cholesterol and fats (Triglycerides) and raises good Cholesterol in the blood.
This medicine reduces Cardiovascular disease risk and helps prevent strokes and Heart Attacks.
It requires a prescription and works best when combined with a healthy diet.
The renowned pharmaceutical company Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. manufactures this medicine.
Rosubest 10 uses
It is prescribed for lower Cholesterol and preventing Heart Attacks or strokes.
A high level of bad Cholesterol and Triglycerides (a form of fat) in the blood is known as Hyperlipidemia.
Rosubest helps reduce the amount of bad Cholesterol and fats and helps you live a healthy life.
Prevention of Heart Attack and Stroke
High Cholesterol levels lead to the accumulation of Cholesterol and lipids along the artery walls.
It reduces blood flow and, consequently, the oxygen supply to your heart, brain, and other organs.
This puts you at risk of stroke or heart attack. Rosubest helps lower Cholesterol and prevent heart diseases, Angina (chest pain), strokes, and heart attacks.
How does Rosubest 10 mg work
Rosubest contains the active ingredient Rosuvastatin.
Rosuvastatin is in the class of medicines known as HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (Statins).
HMG-CoA reductase is a liver enzyme that converts HMG-CoA to Mevalonate, a crucial component required for the production of Cholesterol.
This medicine works by blocking this liver enzyme, thus reducing Cholesterol production.
Additionally, Rosuvastatin promotes the breakdown of lipids (collective term for fats and Cholesterol).
It also raises High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) levels, also known as good Cholesterol.
How to take Rosubest 10
Always stick to your doctor's advice. These few tips can be helpful for you.
- It is available as a tablet for oral use
- Take the Rosubest tablet once daily, either with or without food
- It can be taken whenever you want or when your doctor suggests
- Continue taking your medication according to schedule despite missing a dosage. Avoid increasing the dosage
- Your doctor will likely begin you on a low dose of Rosuvastatin and gradually increase it, not more than once every 2 to 4 weeks
- Do not chew or break the tablet. Instead, swallow them whole
- Do not discontinue taking Rosubest 10 mg without first consulting your physician
Rosubest 10mg is available in one more variant.
Rosubest 10 mg side effects
This medicine may cause some adverse effects. However, if you adhere to your doctor's prescription, you can avoid them.
Some side effects include
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Dark urine
- Liver problems
- Signs of kidney problems
If these symptoms persist or worsen, you must consult a medical professional immediately.
Interactions can occur when a medicine's constituents interact with another medicine, disease, or food.
Rosubest 10 may interact with other medicines. Consult your doctor if you use any of the following medications:
- Other lipid-lowering drugs, such as Gemfibrozil
- Fusidic acid
- Antifungals, such as Itraconazole
- Fibric acid
Some diseases may interact with this medicine.
- Renal disease
- Cognitive Impairment
Consult your doctor about all the possible contraindications.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you are allergic to Rosuvastatin
- Before using Rosubest, tell your medical history to your doctor, particularly of: liver disease and kidney illness
- Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol consumption daily may raise the risk of liver disease, especially when taken with Rosuvastatin
- Older patients may be more sensitive to the adverse effects of this medication, particularly muscle difficulties
- If you consistently take this medication, it is advised that you undergo regular liver enzyme testing
- For better results, take a low-sodium, low-fat diet and engage in frequent exercise
- Rosuvastatin may harm an unborn child. You must take this medicine during pregnancy
- This medicine can pass into breast milk. Due to the potential risk to the newborn, Breastfeeding is not recommended while taking this medication
- To prevent it from sunlight and moisture, keep Rosubest in its original pack at or below 30°C
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rosubest 10 used for?
Rosubest 10 mg is in the class of medicines known as Statins. It is used to reduce Cholesterol and the risk of Cardiovascular disease.
What should I avoid when taking Rosuvastatin?
If you consume high-fat food, Rosuvastatin will be less effective. Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the likelihood of liver damage.
What happens if you stop taking Rosuvastatin?
If you are taking Rosuvastatin to lower your Cholesterol, you must continue taking it to prevent it from rising again. When you stop taking your Rosuvastatin, you expose yourself to health risks associated with high cholesterol, such as heart disease, stroke, and heart attack.
Can Rosubest 10 Tablet be taken at night?
The Rosubest 10 mg should be taken once daily. It can be taken at any time of day, morning or night, with or without meals. Try taking this medication daily at the same time. This will help you remember to take the medication regularly.
For how long should I take Rosubest 10?
You may need to take Rosubest 10 tablets for as long as your doctor directs. Cholesterol levels will only be maintained if you continue taking them. If you stop taking it without starting another treatment, your Cholesterol levels may rise again.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com