Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Rosubest 20
Rosubest 20 is a medicine that can help lower cholesterol.
It is used to treat high cholesterol or to rectify abnormal cholesterol in conjunction with dietary and lifestyle changes.
Rosuvastatin is the main component of this medicine.
It is a member of the class of medications known as lipid-lowering medications.
The renowned pharmaceutical company Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd manufactures Rosubest.
Uses of Rosubest 20
Rosubest 20 helps lower glycerides and cholesterol levels (Low-Density Lipoprotein, or LDL), lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke in the future.
High cholesterol, also known as Hyperlipidemia or Dyslipidemia, occurs when there is an excess of cholesterol in the blood.
Your arteries become restricted and clogged when your blood cholesterol level is high, eventually leading to heart disorders like stroke and heart attack.
It contains Rosuvastatin, an active component from the class of medications known as Lipid-lowering drugs.
It is used to lower elevated high blood cholesterol levels (Hyperlipidemia) when dietary and lifestyle changes do not produce the desired outcomes.
Rosubest 20 reduces the risk of coronary disease and cardiovascular problems such as heart attacks, strokes, and chest pain (Angina).
How does Rosubest 20 mg work
Rosubest 20 mg contains Rosuvastatin, a medicine from the class of medications known as Lipid-lowering drugs.
It works by inhibiting liver enzymes, which reduces the amount of cholesterol the liver produces.
HMG-CoA reductase is an enzyme that produces cholesterol; Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme and decreases cholesterol levels.
Rosubest 20 mg improves the liver's uptake and breakdown of cholesterol in the blood.
Thus, when other lifestyle modifications (such as a low-fat diet) have not been successful, Rosubest lowers blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides lipids.
It also raises High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) levels, also known as good cholesterol.
How to take medicine
- It can be taken whenever you want, but try to take it at the same time every day
- You can take Rosubest 20 either before or after the food
- Avoid crushing, chewing, or breaking it; instead, swallow it whole with water
- You should take Rosubest 20 precisely as prescribed by your doctor
- Your age, weight, and medical condition will all be taken into consideration by your doctor when determining the correct therapy dose and time frame for you
- Rosubest should not be stopped suddenly without first talking to your doctor
- Immediately seek medical attention if you suspect you have taken too much medication
- Continue taking your medication according to schedule despite missing a dosage. Avoid increasing the dosage
Side effects of Rosubest 20 mg
This medicine may cause the following side effects:
Common side effects
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Stomach pain
Rare side effects
- Signs of kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Dark urine
- Severe abdominal pain
- Persistent vomiting
If these symptoms persist or worsen, you must consult a medical professional immediately.
Rosubest may interact with other medications you're taking. Inform your doctor if you use any of the following medications:
- Renal disease
- Cognitive Impairment
Alcohol use is not suggested while taking Rosubest since it may cause liver damage and other undesirable effects.
- Inform your physician or pharmacist if you are allergic to Rosuvastatin or if you have any other allergies before taking it
- Tell your physician about your medical history before using this drug, including any instances of liver disease, kidney illness, or alcohol use
- Before surgery, inform your surgeon of any medications you are taking
- Alcohol consumption regularly, especially while taking Rosuvastatin, may raise your risk for liver issues. Limit your intake of alcoholic beverages and consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information
- Rosuvastatin may harm an unborn child. Hence it must not be taken during pregnancy
- Do not exceed or undertake the recommended dosage. Avoid stopping this medication without first talking to your doctor
- For better outcomes, consume a low-sodium, low-fat diet and engage in frequent exercise
- If you suffer symptoms like unusual muscle discomfort, soreness, or weakness, speak with your doctor
- If you consistently take this medication, it is advised that you undergo regular liver enzyme testing
- Before taking the Rosubest 20, patients with Proteinuria (protein in the urine) or Haematuria (blood in the urine) should inform the doctor because the dose may need to be adjusted
To prevent it from sunlight and moisture, keep Rosubest in its original container at or below 30°C.
Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rosubest medicine used for?
Rosubest 20 is a member of the Statin class of medications, which lowers glycerides and bad cholesterol (Low-Density Lipoprotein, or LDL), reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke in the future.
Is Rosubest blood thinner?
Rosubest 20 mg is a combination medication that contains both blood-thinning and cholesterol-lowering agents. It is primarily used in the prevention of future heart attacks and strokes.
What should I avoid when taking Rosuvastatin?
Rosuvastatin won't work as well if you consume foods heavy in fat or cholesterol. You should abstain from alcohol as it can boost triglyceride levels and put your liver in danger of harm.
What happens if you stop taking Rosuvastatin?
To prevent your cholesterol from rising again, you must continue taking your Rosuvastatin prescription if you're using it to lower your cholesterol. When you stop taking your statin, you risk high cholesterol-related health concerns like heart disease, stroke, and heart attack.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]