Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Poxet 90
Poxet 90 mg contains the active ingredient Dapoxetine is used for treating Premature Ejaculation in men.
It improves ejaculatory control and delays ejaculation during sexual encounters.
It enhances male performance and boosts sexual satisfaction.
Poxet-90 is a prescription-only medication purchased at a doctor's suggestion.
Sunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd. is one of the best pharmaceutical companies manufacturing Poxet 90 mg.
Uses of Poxet 90
Dapoxetine is the main ingredient in Poxet Tablets, which is well-known for treating Premature Ejaculation.
Premature Ejaculation is when a male ejaculates earlier than desired.
Despite little to no sexual arousal, it is an uncontrollable ejaculation that may occur before, during, or soon after penetration.
Medications, counseling, or a combination of both can help in treating Premature Ejaculation.
How does Poxet 90 work
Lower levels of Serotonin results in poorer control over Ejaculation.
Dapoxetine, the salt in Poxet, is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that blocks Serotonin's reabsorption (reuptake) into neurons.
By preventing reabsorption, it makes more Serotonin available, which helps nerve cells to communicate with each other for longer.
Increased Serotonin levels help to improve control over Ejaculation and increase the time to ejaculate.
You can also check the alternative of Poxet 90
How to take Poxet 90
Your doctor will advise you on the dosage and duration of the medication. Stick to your prescription
- It is advisable to take it one to three hours before having a sexual encounter
- Do not overdose. Avoid taking more than one pill in a day
- You can take it with low-fat food or on an empty stomach
- Take the whole medicine. Do not chew, break or grind
- Only use Poxet 90 mg, which contains Dapoxetine, before sexual activity; it is not meant for daily use
Check the other available strengths of Poxet 90:
Side effects of Poxet 90
Those who take Poxet 90 may have some side effects. But if you adhere to your doctor's recommendations, you can prevent them.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Excessive tiredness
- Dry mouth
- Increase in blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
- Fast/irregular heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Nervousness and confusion
- Excessive sweating
These temporary effects are rare that hardly need medical attention.
Each person taking Poxet tablets react differently to the medication. Consult your doctor to know all the possible interactions
Drug interactions must be understood since they may result in serious side effects:
Inform your doctor in advance about all your medical conditions
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Bleeding or Blood clotting problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Low Blood Pressure
- Cardiovascular/Heart Disease
When taking this medication, stay away from excessive grapefruit juice consumption.
A component in grapefruit juice can raise the levels of Dapoxetine in the bloodstream, raising the possibility of side effects.
Precautions before using Poxet 90
Take into account these things before using this medication:
- If you've already gone through Mania or a very bad Depression, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine
- People who are allergic to Dapoxetine or other ingredients in Poxet 90 Tablets should use alternative drugs
- Before using this drug, talk to your doctor if you have ever experienced fainting
- Take this medication with caution if you have cardiac conditions like Heart Failure or Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Consult your doctor if you have issues related to Liver, before receiving a prescription for Poxet
- Do not take this pill for at least 24 hours after consuming grapefruit juice
- Keep the Poxet 90 tablet in a cool, dry location
- Keep out of children's reach
- Check the tablets are in good condition before buying
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Dapoxetine and Sildenafil the same?
No, Dapoxetine lengthens the time it takes to ejaculate and enhances control over it by raising Serotonin levels in the brain. Sildenafil is a Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor that treats Erectile Dysfunction by increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
Is Dapoxetine used for Erectile Dysfunction?
Dapoxetine treats Premature Ejaculation when taken 1 to 3 hours before sexual activity. It does not treat Erectile Dysfunction.
Can I take Dapoxetine daily?
Take it as your doctor prescribes. It is preferable to take only when needed, usually 1-3 hours before sexual activity. Do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours.
What to do if I missed a Poxet-90 dose?
Take the missed Poxet 90 mg dose as soon as you remember it if you have missed it. You should skip your missed dose if it is time for your next dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. Never retake the medication to compensate for a missed dosage.
What if you overdose on Poxet 90 tablets?
If you think you have taken too many Poxet-90 tablets, call your doctor immediately or get to the closest to you.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org