Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About the Vidalista 5 mg
Vidalista 5 mg is generally prescribed to treat Erectile Dysfunction in men. The active component in this tablet is Tadalafil which boosts men's performance during intimacy.
It helps you achieve sexual satisfaction and prevents loss of erection at peak time.
It dilates the blood vessels, which as a result, increases the blood circulation in the penile area, allowing you to have an erection for a more comprehensive period.
Vidalista 5 mg is a member of a group of medicines known as PDE5 inhibitors.
A low amount of active drug is present in the 5 mg variant of Vidalista resulting in lesser side effects.
What is Vidalista 5 mg used for?
There are several uses of 5 mg Vidalista, such as -
- Enabling men with erectile dysfunction or sexual impotence to lead an active sexual life
- Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (enlargement of the prostate gland)
- Enhancing sexual performance
How does Vidalista 5 mg work?
Vidalista 5 mg main ingredient Tadalafil belongs to the Phosphodiesterase Type 5 group, which causes the Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP) breakdown.
This breakdown helps enlarge the blood vessels in the penis, resulting in enhanced blood flow.
And this leads to an erection for a longer time, thus boosting your sexual performance.
Tadalafil is also used to treat Pulmonary arterial hypertension (a type of high blood pressure).
A few patients may experience side effects like:
- Facial flushes
- Back, arm, and leg pain
- A prolonged erection, also known as Priapism
- Nasal congestion
- Muscle ache
- Chest pain or discomfort in the upper shoulders
- Hearing impairment
- Increased blood pressure
It would be best to consume Vidalista 5 mg medication only when your doctor prescribes it. Here are some instructions you should keep in mind while taking this medicine:
- Only one medicine daily should be taken and within a 24 hours period
- Take the tablet with or without food as advised by your doctor
- For better results, take the pill at least 30-60 minutes before sexual activity
- Take the whole table in one go, do not chew
- You should immediately consult a nearby doctor in case of overdose
- Women should not consume this medicine
Some drugs can interact with Vidalista 5 Mg and should be avoided:
- Antibiotics you should avoid: Erythromycin and Clarithromycin
- Glyceryl Trinitrates, which treats angina and various other heart conditions
- Avoid medicines that treat seizures: Phenobarbitone, Phenytoin, and Carbamazepine
- Antifungals medicines: Itraconazole and Ketoconazole
- High blood pressure medicines
- Protease inhibitors should be avoided: Ritonavir, Indinavir, and Saquinavir
- Alpha blockers like Doxazocin and Terazosin
- Other Erectile Dysfunction treatment drugs
Avoid Vidalista 5 mg consumption if you are suffering from:
- Cardiovascular conditions
- If you had a heart attack or stroke in the past 3-6 months
- This medication should not be taken if you are driving or doing any strenuous activity
- You should avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it can increase your dizziness and lower your ability to get an erection.
- If you face an erection that continues for more than 4 hours after performing sexual activity, consult your doctor immediately
- This medication is not advised for children under 12 years and women
- Do not consume Vidalista if you have any history of allergic reaction to it
- Individuals with liver problems or degenerative eye problems should avoid consumption of this medication
- Pregnant and lactating ladies should strictly avoid Vidalista 5 Mg
Keeping Vidalista 5 mg at room temperature (15-30o C) and avoiding exposure to sunlight and moisture is advisable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How frequently can you take 5 mg Vidalista for pill Erectile Dysfunction?
You should take this medicine as per your doctor's advice. However, you should not consume more than one pill per day.
Does Vidalista drug delay ejaculation?
This drug is specially made for Erectile Dysfunction, so it does not affect ejaculation.
How long does Vidalista 5 mg take to work?
It takes around 30-60 minutes for Vidalista 5 mg to work.
How long does the effect of Vidalista 5 mg Last?
The effect of this medication usually lasts for 24-36 hours, although it totally depends on the patient's body.
If you encounter any painful erection after 4 hours of performing sexual activity, consult a doctor immediately.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]