Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About brand name of the drug
TADARISE 10 mg is a brand manufactured by Indian based company Sun Remedies Pvt. Ltd. The drug is available as oral formulation i.e. blisters pack of 10 tablets. This medication is only recommended for men. This is one of the drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction & prostate gland enlargement and pulmonary hypertension and also used to treat urinary symptoms in men due to enlarged prostate.
About the drug
This drug include an active component called as Tadalafil which is a phosphodiesterase type 5 enzyme inhibitor whose major function is to treat the erectile disorder. It is available at all the leading pharmacy stores, drug stores & medical stores and it is one of the most leading brands in USA.
Drugs equivalent to the tadarise (tadalafil 10 mg) are
- Super zhewitra
About salt of the drug
The drug is available as monohydrochloride salt. This monohydrochloride salt Tadalafil is an oral drug that is used to treat impotence (the inability to attain or maintain a penile erection) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It falls in a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors that also includes sildenafil (Viagra) and vardenafil (Levitra). Erection of the penis is caused by the filling of the penis with blood. Filling occurs because the blood vessels that bring blood to the penis increase in size and deliver more blood to the penis, and, at the same time, the blood vessels that take blood away from the penis decrease in size and remove less blood from the penis.
Medical Uses of the drug
It is used in treatment of :-
- prostate gland enlargement
- pulmonary hypertension
- treat urinary symptoms in men due to enlarged prostate
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Working of a drug
- It falls in a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors. Erection of the penis is begined by the filling of the penis with blood.
- Filling arises because the blood vessels that bring blood to the penis increase in size and allow more blood to the penis, at the same time, the blood vessels that take blood away from the penis contract in size so that less blood is removed from penis.
- Sexual stimulation that leads to an erection provokes the production and release of nitric oxide in the penis.The nitric oxide induces an enzyme, guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). It is cGMP that is primarily responsible for increasing and decreasing the size of blood vessels carrying blood to and from the penis, and causing an erection.
- When the cGMP is ruined by another enzyme, phosphodiesterase-5, the blood vessels return to their normal size, blood leaves the penis, and the erection ends.
- Tadalafil prohibits phosphodiesterase-5 from destroying cGMP so that it stays around longer. The persistence of cGMP for more time leads to more erection period.
The common side effects which are generally seen are Memory loss, Back pain, Diarrhoea, Facial redness, Flushing, Headache. Generally the side effects should go away after a few hours.
In some cases, back pain or muscle soreness can appear 12 to 24 hours after taking a dose of Tadarise 10 mg.
How to use
- Use Tadarise as directed by the doctor. Check the label on the medicine for right dosing instructions.
- Cialis may be taken up to 36 hours before sexual activity, as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take Tadarise twice in a day, or as directed by the doctor.
- Check with the doctor before you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you are taking tadarise.
- If you miss a dose of tadarise and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as avised by the doctor.
- Ask any questions to your health care provider, if you may have about how to use Tadarise.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
The parallel therapy should be conveyed to doctor, in order to avoid the drug drug interactions and also avoid polypharmacy.
TADALAFIL is known to interact with following drugs:
- Alpha-blockers (eg: doxazosin), drugs for high blood pressure, nitrates (eg:isosorbide, nitroglycerin), or nitroprusside because severe low blood pressure with dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur
- Azole antifungals (eg: Itraconazole), HIV protease inhibitors (eg: Ritonavir), macrolide antibiotics (eg: Erythromycin), or Telithromycin because they may increase the risk of tadarise side effects
- Rifampin because it may decrease tadarise effectiveness
When to avoid taking the drug
- If the patient is undergoing a parallel therapy of nitrates, as it further reduce the blood pressure
- Do not take the medicine if you have deformed penis.
- If a patient is suffering from liver or the kidney disorders he is not recommended to take the medicine
- You have had a heart attack within the past 90 days or a stroke within the past 6 months
- If You are taking nitrates (eg: Isosorbide, Nitroglycerin) in any form (eg: tablet, capsule, patch, ointment) or nitroprusside
- if You have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems
- If the patient is allergic to sildenafil citrate then also this drug is not advisable
- Children under the age of 18 years are not intended to take this drug.
Things to avoid when using the drug
- This is not recommended to take alcohol along with the medication.
- Do not use other medicines or treatments for erectile dysfunction while you are taking tadalafil.
- Tadalafil does not stop the spread of HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) to others through sexual contact. Use barrier methods of birth control (eg, condoms) if you have HIV infection or an STD.
- Tadalafil will not prohibit pregnancy.
- Do not use TADALAFIL in patients who are using a GC stimulator, such as Riociguat.
- PDE5 inhibitors, including LEVITRA may potentiate the hypotensive effects of GC stimulators.
General Information and Precautions
- Use tadalafil with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- tadalafil is not suggested for use in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Tadalafil may uncommonly cause mild, temporary vision changes (eg: blurred vision, sensitivity to light, blue/green color tint to vision) contact your doctor if vision changes persist or are severe.
- Follow each and every instruction given on the package.
- Should check the expiry date before purchasing.
- Alcohol- Do not consume large amounts of alcohol (eg: 5 drinks or more) while you take Cialis . Doing so may increase your risk of dizziness, headache, fast heartbeat, and low blood pressure.
- Organs (such as liver and kidney) problems- Dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with moderate hepatic impairment.
- Do not use TADARISE in patients with severe hepatic impairment as majority of the metabolism occurs by liver enzymes
- Do not use TADARISE in patients who had undergone renal dialysis or should adjust the dose accordingly as clearance values get decreased
- Pregnancy and Lactation- Tadarise is not indicated for use in women. It is not known if tadalafil is excreted in human breast milk.
Store Cialis at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cialis away from children and pets.
General FAQs regarding the drug
What is the dosage for tadalafil?
Ans. As needed use: 10 mg orally initially before sexual activity, with or without food; may be increased to 20 mg or reduced to 5 mg on basis of efficacy and tolerability; in most patients, maximum dosing frequency is once daily
Once-daily use: 2.5 mg/day orally in single daily dose, without regard to timing of sexual activity, with or without food; may be increased to 5 mg/day on basis of efficacy and tolerability
Is tadalafil safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Ans. Tadalafil is not for women.
Tadalafil is not approved for women and has not been evaluated in women who are breastfeeding.
What’s the difference between Cialis and Tadalafil?
From a medical perspective, both Cialis and Tadalafil work in the same way. Tadalafil is the active drug in both medications. The contrast all comes down to branding, marketing and distribution.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org