and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Silagra 100 mg
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About brand name of the drug
Silagra is a brand manufactured by Cipla Ltd, India. It is available in the form of tablets/pills and is formerly known as ‘blue pill'. It is used for the treatment of patients suffering from Erectile Dysfunction, also known as impotence. It helps the patients in achieving and/or sustaining the erection during sexual intercourse.
About the drug
Silagra contains Sildenafil in the form of Sildenafil Citrate. It is available in varying strengths of 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg. It is easily available on drug stores and pharmacies. It is used for patients suffering from erectile dysfunction or impotence. It is the condition in which the patient cannot attain the erection or sustain it until the climax during the sexual activity. Silagra helps in attaining and sustaining the erection for better performance in bed.
Some other brands equivalent to Silagra 100mg (Sildenafil) are:
About salt of the drug
Sildenafil Citrate is an active ingredient of Silagra 100 mg and is primarily used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in males which is also called impotence. Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man is not able to attain and/or maintain penile erection sufficient enough for sexual intercourse.
Sildenafil belongs to the class of PDE inhibitors. It acts by developing the flow of blood to the penis and thereby aids to achieve and maintain the erection throughout the intercourse. It is important to mention that Silagra 100 mg does not provide any protection from any sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, etc. and hence effective safety measures shall be taken while having sexual intercourse.
Sildenafil Citrate is a vasoactive drug which is used in the
- Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
- Relieve the symptoms in patients suffering from Pulmonary Arterial Hypotension (PAH)
- Medical Uses of the drug
Silagra 100 mg is used for the treatment of the following medical conditions
- Erectile Dysfunction
Silagra is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men which is characterized by difficulty in achieving and sustaining the erection during sexual intercourse. It happens due to the decreased supply of blood in the erectile tissues of the penis which can be a result of problems such as an injury; diseases such as diabetes, neuropathy, prostate cancer; psychological causes like depression, anxiety, etc. Chronic lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking, etc. can also contribute to erectile dysfunction.
It is important to note that Silagra does not work if the Erectile dysfunction is because of psychological reasons such as anxiety, depression, etc. In that case, psychological counseling should be adopted which might include Silagra 100 mg.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypotension
Silagra is also used for the treatment of high blood pressure in the arteries that connect the heart to the lungs.
Working of a drug
Silagra 100 mg contains Sildenafil which is a PDE inhibitor. PDE5 is located in the erectile tissues of the penis and is responsible for the breakdown of cGMP and brings about vasoconstriction. Sildenafil is a PDE5 inhibitor. It acts by elevating the cGMP which results in vasodilation. It, thereby, facilitates the achievement and maintenance of erection. The PDE5 are abundantly located in the erectile tissue of the penis and hence is very effective for sufficiently long erection.
In addition to the desired effect, Silagra can cause some unwanted effects such as
• Cloudy and Bloody Urine
• Painful urination
• Nasal Congestion
• Burning limbs
Some rare side effects of Silagra may be
• Prolonged and painful erection
This is not an exhaustive list for the side effects of Silagra. If you experience any other adverse effects, consult your doctor immediately.
How to use
Silagra should be used only when prescribed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. Also, follow the guidance given by the doctor when using Silagra 100 mg.
Some instructions you should follow while using Silagra
• Do not consume more than once in a day
• The drug is not meant for use in women
• The patient should avoid high-calorie diet prior using Silagra 100 mg as it can delay the effect.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
A drug interaction may vary from person to person. It is recommended not to use with hypotensive drugs as it can enhance the effect and can cause severe hypotension.
• Hypotensive drugs Eg. Amlodipine, Atenolol, etc.
• Blood thinner drugs Eg. Warfarin
• Drugs used to treat pulmonary hypertension Eg. Riociguat
• CNS depressants
• Antibiotics medicines
When to avoid taking the drug
- Silagra should be avoided by patients suffering from cardiac disorders such as hypertension, angina, CHF, etc.,
- severe kidney impairment
- other conditions like epilepsy
- in patients undergoing nitrate therapy due to increased side effects
- in patients allergic to Sildenafil
Things to avoid when using the drug
Avoid consumption of Alcohol while using Silagra as it can lead to severe adverse effects such as fainting, dizziness, flushing, headache, etc.
Avoid consuming Grape juice with Silagra as it can interfere with the drug and the desired effect is hampered.
General Information and Precautions
- Keep it out from the reach of children
- This medicine is not meant for consumption by women or children under the age of 18
- It is not safe with alcohol hence not to be taken along with it as it can lead to a decrease in blood pressure
- Pregnancy – Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus and hence It is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women as it can potentially harm the foetus
- Driving – It is not safe to consume it before driving or using machines because it can make you feel dizzy and might also affect the vision
- Organs – Patients suffering from Liver or Kidney failure should only use Silagra when prescribed
- Lactation – There is no evidence of this drug to be excreted in human breast milk but side effects are observed in lactating mice and hence should not be taken during lactation.
Silagra 100 mg (Sildenafil) should be stored at cool and dry place. It should be preserved from heat and direct light. It should be kept away from children.
General FAQs regarding the drug
How long does the erection sustain?
Ans. The erection can last up to 4 hours from the onset of action.
How long does it take to show the effect?
Ans. It shows its effect just after 30-45 min of its administration.
What strength shall I take for optimum effect?
Ans. One should avoid using an excessively high dose of Silagra and the strength should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
Would I suffer from hypotension after using Silagra 100 mg?
Ans. The drugs do show hypotensive action but when used with other hypotensive drugs, it can enhance the hypotensive effect and can lead to severe hypotension.
Is the drug habit-forming?
Ans. No evidence has been reported of it being habit-forming.
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|