Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Eriacta 50
Eriacta 50 is a prescription medicine that comes in tablet form.
It is used in men to treat sexual problems like Impotence and Erectile Dysfunction.
Sildenafil is the main ingredient of Eriacta 50.
It increases blood flow to the male organ, making it easier to get and keep an erection.
Eriacta 50 mg uses
The most common use of Eriacta 50 mg tablets is to treat Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
Sildenafil in Eriacta 50 enhances blood flow to the penis, which makes the penis firmer during sexual activity.
This makes it easier for men to get or hold an erection.
It can also treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH).
How does Eriacta 50 work
The main component of Eriacta 50 is Sildenafil, a Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitor.
It works by stopping the effects of PDE-5 enzymes that limit blood flow to the penis.
So, it relaxes the blood vessels that direct blood to the penis, which makes the penis work better and keeps it erect during sexual intercourse.
It makes your erection last longer to have an improved sexual experience.
How to take Eriacta 50
Eriacta 50 mg tablet dosage depends on many things, like a person's age, health, medical history, and others.
So, following your doctor's instructions while taking this medicine is essential.
You should also take care of the following things:
- Take Eriacta 50 tablet as prescribed by your doctor
- Consume this medicine with a glass of water
- Do not chew on the medicine or crush it
- You should take Eriacta 50 at least 1 hour before sexual activity and preferably before a meal
- Taking two simultaneous doses should be avoided, as there is a chance of overdosing
- Get medical help immediately if you overdose
Here are the available strengths of Eriacta:
It would be best to ask your doctor before taking these medicines.
Side effects of Eriacta 50 mg
There are some side effects that people may experience.
Still, they can be avoidable if you follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Common side effects
- Blurred vision
- Stuffy nose
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
- Pain in legs, arms, or upper parts of the stomach
Rare side effects
- Throat tightness
- Numbness of mouth
- Temporarily decrease in blood flow to the brain
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Rapid heartbeat
- Vertigo (spinning sensation)
Some medicines can change how Eriacta work or this medicine can make other medications less effective when taken with them.
Inform your doctor if you are consuming any of the following medicines before taking Eriacta 50 mg:
- Nitrates or amyl nitrites such as Nitroglycerin and Isosorbide dinitrate for relieving chest pain
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir and lopinavir for HIV infection
- Other medicines, like Alpha blockers like Silodosin and Doxazosin, are used to treat prostate problems or high blood pressure
- Riociguat, which is used to treat increased pressure in the lungs
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Kidney Disease
- The disease of the retina
- Pulmonary Disease
- Liver Dysfunction
The patient should avoid high-fat foods because they will slow down the effects of the medicine.
While taking Tadalafil, alcohol should be avoided as it can cause side effects like fatigue, dizziness, or fainting.
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil, do not take Eriacta
- Before taking this medicine, talk to your doctor if you have kidney, heart, or liver disease
- Please don't drink alcohol while taking Eriacta tablets because it can cause side effects
- If you are taking other medicines, you should talk to your doctor to ensure there won't be any side effects
- Eriacta shouldn't be used by women or people younger than 18
- Get medical attention immediately if your erection lasts more than 4 hours after taking this medicine
Eriacta tablets should be kept in a clean, dry place.
Please keep it away from pets and children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sildenafil Citrate used for?
Sildenafil is used for men who have trouble getting and keeping an erection.
It is a Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitor that slows down the enzyme PDE-5 to increase the blood flow to the penis.
How long will Sildenafil last?
It depends on a person's age, weight, and other health factors on how long Sildenafil works, but the pill usually lasts 4 to 6 hours. Remember that your erection shouldn't last more than four hours.
Does Eriacta 50 make you bigger?
No. It does not make your penis bigger.
However, Eriacta is an effective medicine for treating Impotence.
Does Sildenafil keep you hard after coming?
Sildenafil doesn't stop your erection from weakening after ejaculation, so you'll probably lose it. If you have the trouble of having an orgasm too early, you may need to see a doctor about Premature Ejaculation.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]