and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Suhagra 100 mg
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About brand name of the drug
Suhagra 100 mg (Sildenafil) is a very potential type of drug manufactured by Cipla Ltd. It is a generic version of Viagra and is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. This drug is available as tablets in a variety of dose strengths of 10 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg. Since the drug has an excellent reputation, it is permitted in many countries including US. The major salt present in Suhagra responsible for its action is Sildenafil citrate. It is the medicament for which prescription is mandatory.
About the drug
Suhagra is available in the market as generic version of Viagra.The salt responsible for combination of 2 medicines:Sildenafil and Dapoxetine.Sildenafil works by increasing blood flow to penis during sexual stimulation,thus enabling its erection.The other one i.e.Dapoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and increase the level of serotonin,thereby increasing the time taken to ejaculate and ultimately improves control over ejaculation. It is a boon for those patients who cannot afford the costly Viagra.Suhagra is identical to Viagra in its action, form and dosage. The greatest advantage of suhagra over Viagra is a much lower price. The generic version, being a replica of Viagra, possesses the same effectiveness and quality, but it is much more affordable.
Some other brand equivalent to Suhagra 100 mg (Sildenafil) are:
About salt of the drug
The salt responsible for the action of erectile dysfunction in Suhagra is Sildenafil citrate.Sildenafil is beneficial for the treatment of male sexual function problems.These include impotence or erectile dysfunction.In addition to sexual stimulation,Sildenafil work by increasing blood flow to the penis,thereby helping a man in erection.
Medical Uses of the drug
Suhagra 100 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the medical conditions, namely:
- Erectile Dysfunction-This drug is of immense help to those patients suffering from erectile dysfunction, commonly called as impotence. It is a condition prevalent in men and is mostly characterized by difficulty in patients to achieve a sustained erection while attempting or having sexual intercourse. This condition occur due to physical problems like injury; disease like diabetes, prostatic cancer, neuropathy,age related prostate gland enlargement and psychological factors like stress, anxiety and depression.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension-This drug is also beneficial in cases of high blood pressure levels especially in arteries connecting the heart as well as the lungs. It also helps to improve exercise capacity in such patients.
Working of a drug
Suhagra has a unique mechanism of action due to the presence of salt Sildenafil citrate. Sildenafil is a potent and selective inhibitor of cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) which is responsible for the degradation of cGMP.Since the molecular structure of Sildenafil is similar to that of cGMP,it act as a competitive binding agent of PDE5,thus resulting in more cGMP and better erection.Sildenafil also protect cGMP from degradation by cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 enzyme. The Nitric oxide present in the penis bind to guanylate cyclase receptors, resulting in increased level of cGMP,leading to smooth muscle relaxation and increased inflow of blood into penis,causing an erection.
Action and duration of effect: The effect of Suhagra can be observed within 30 to 120 minutes of administration of dose. Moreover, the effect of the drug last upto 4 hours.
Though the use of Suhagra is not commonly associated with any major side effects, but very rarely, it may encounter some minor side effects like:
- Headache, Flushing, Nose bleed.
- Indigestion and Sleeplessness.
- Indigestion and sometimes dizziness
- Burning, numbness, tingling in arms and feet.
- Nausea,palpitation,nasal congestion
- Prolonged and painful erection (sometimes).
How to use
Suhagra is a type of drug that can be purchased only when prescribed by either a doctor or trained medical professional. Without prescription, this drug is not available.
- The drug has to be taken once a day only since it is the maximum daily dose of Suhagra.
- This drug is exclusively prescribed for men. No women should take this drug, even by mistake.
- If the patient feels that the dose needs to be reduced, a half of the pill can be taken. In case the patient thinks that 100 mg is not enough for him, he should consult the doctor before increasing the dosage.
- The effect last for 4-5 hours and this is potentiated if the drug is taken on an empty stomach.
- Suhagra is taken 1 hour before to the sexual intercourse and the erection occurs due to natural sexual arousal and last upto ejaculation.
Drugs that are accepted to interact with this medicine
Drug interaction may occur when patient is on multiple medicaments. Drug interaction is a common situation encountered when two or more drugs are administered together. Some type of interaction may occur when penegra is administered with other potent drugs like:
- Moderate interaction with alcohol due to increased risk of adverse effects like dizziness, fainting, flushing, persistent headache etc.
- This medicament should not be taken by patients receiving Riociguat (popularly known as Adempas) due to increased risk of serious adverse effects.
- Moderate interaction with drugs like Isoniazid, Amlodipine, Carbamazepine etc.
- Avoid taking these drugs with Nitrate containing medicines as there might be chances of harmful complications.
- Use of Suhagra is not recommended in patient with kidney function impairment, cardiovascular diseases, and kidney diseases.
- Avoid taking Suhagra with drugs used in angina or cardiac failure as for them sexual activity is unadvisable
When to avoid taking the drug
- The patient should avoid taking this drug in case they are suffering from Hypotension. This is because consumption of this medicine can cause a mild and short lasting decrease in blood pressure levels.
- The drug is not favorable for pregnant women unless absolutely necessary.
- This drug should be avoided in patients suffering from physical deformity of penis due to several other reasons.The risk of permanent loss of sexual potency increases manifold times in such patients.
- Suhagra should be used with caution in patients suffering with a rare genetic disorder of the retina or hearing impairment.
Things to avoid when using the drug
Use of Suhagra should be avoided with certain things in order to avoid serious adverse effects. These include:
- Suhagra may cause Priapism, a painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours. Patients suffering from anemia,blood cancer,cancer of plasma cells are at higher risk of priapism.
- Firstly, one should avoid drinking Alcohol as there can be possible side effects.
- The Grapefruit juice may have a reaction with Suhagra Tablet, resulting in undesirable side effects.
- Interaction may occur when patient take this medicine with Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) and Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
General Information and Precautions
- The drug, Suhagra should be taken exactly as instructed by the doctor or physician.
- The patient should not consume it in larger or smaller quantities than recommended.
- The patient ought to follow the exact dosage regimen in case the medicament is used for cure of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The drug ought to be taken at least 30-60 minutes before sexual activity, when used in case of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food, as advised by the doctor.
Driving:Suhagra may cause sleepiness.Hence; it should be avoided before driving.
- Suhagra 100 mg should be stored in the room temperature between 68-77degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from sunlight, moisture and small children.
- Care must be taken that the drug is kept in a tight container.
- One should try to dispose the outdated drug out from the home, since it is of no use.
- Do not store the drugs in the wet place. Keep all drugs reach out from children and pets.
General FAQs regarding the drug
Is the drug Suhagra habit forming or addictive?
Ans. No the drug suhagra 100 mg is not habit forming. Even the reports have indicated no such cases of habit forming tendency.
Is the drug Suhagra able to treat mental disorder?
Ans. No, the use of drug in mental disorder is not effective.
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
Ans. No, the patient should not do anything that requires the brain to be active and alert after taking Suhagra.
Is the drug Suhagra safe?
Ans. Yes, the drug is safe but patient should take it after doctor’s advice.
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|