and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Zimivir 1000 Mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About Zimivir 1000 mg
Zimivir 1000 mg is an antiviral medicine.
It is prescribed for treating Herpes virus infections such as cold sores, Shingles, and Genital Herpes.
Zimivir 1000 contains Valacyclovir as its active component.
It eliminates the virus from a person's body by preventing it from replicating inside human cells.
Zimivir is made in a variety of strengths by GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Uses of Zimivir 1000 mg
The active ingredient in Zimivir 1000 mg is Valacyclovir, which belongs to a class of medications called antiviral agents.
It aids in treating symptoms while also stopping the spread of the virus causing the sickness.
Adults and children above 12 can treat cold sores (fluid-filled blisters around the mouth).
It can treat and prevent the recurrence or spread of Herpes infections in the eye, skin, and genital areas in adults.
Genital Herpes is a prevalent STD that causes itching, burning, and blistering in the genitalia. Both genders are equally susceptible to it.
This medicine also treats Herpes zoster (Shingles) in adults and Chickenpox in patients aged 2 to 18.
Herpes zoster is an infection caused by a virus that causes a painful rash. Zimivir has the potential to reduce disease duration and severity.
How does Zimivir 1000 mg work
Zimivir 1000 mg is an antiviral medicine used to treat viral diseases.
Valacyclovir, the active ingredient, is a medication used to combat viruses.
It helps prevent and reduce virus development and replication in human cells.
This stops the virus from replicating and eliminates your infection.
It relieves symptoms such as soreness and itching and reduces the severity of the condition.
How to take Zimivir 1000 mg
- The recommended dosage of Zimivir 1000 mg is determined by the person's body weight, medical history, gender, and age
- Take this medicine precisely as your doctor suggests
- It is essential that the medicine not be chewed or crushed
- Take this medicine orally with a large quantity of water
- Zimivir pills can be taken with or without food. It's best to take it at the same time
- If your next dose is due, skip the missed dose and resume regularly. Do not double the amount to compensate for a missing dose
- Even if your symptoms improve after a few days, it is still essential to take the entire prescribed course of medicine
- An overdose of Zimivir may result in various side effects. If you encounter any side effects or have taken an overdose of this medicine, get immediate medical attention
Zimivir is available in two strengths:
Zimivir may cause a few side effects, but these will fade as your body adjusts to the medicine.
Common side effects
- Stomach discomfort
Rare side effects
- Chest pain
- Trouble sleeping
These side effects may disappear within a week or so. If any of these symptoms worsen or persist, medical attention is recommended.
The way an individual responds to a given medicine varies widely. Always check with your physician first to ensure there won't be any harmful drug interactions.
Please contact your doctor if you are using any of the following medications:
- Renal impairment
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura/Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (TTP/HUS)
- Take this medicine strictly as recommended; neither more nor less is acceptable. You should take this medicine for the whole recommended duration to get the full advantages
- Zimivir contains Valacyclovir, which may enter breast milk. It's crucial to check with your doctor before taking any medicine during breastfeeding
- The high risk of kidney injury can be prevented by avoiding dehydration, so be sure to drink plenty of water
- When taking Zimivir, you should not operate heavy machinery or drive if dizziness occurs
- You should check with your doctor if any of the symptoms you've been experiencing continue or worsen
- If you have an allergy to Valacyclovir, Acyclovir, or any other ingredients in Zimivir, you should not take it. If you have any medical issues, you should talk to your doctor before taking this medication
- Tell your doctor if you're having trouble with your kidneys or liver
Zimivir should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from sources of heat and moisture and direct sunlight.
Do not dispose of unused medicine by flushing it down the toilet or pouring it down the sink.
Frequently Asked Questions
How quickly does Valacyclovir work?
It only takes a few days for Valacyclovir to start working; by the third day, most people with an initial Herpes outbreak or recurrent Herpes will feel better. The sooner you take Valacyclovir after noticing symptoms, the faster it will relieve you.
How long after taking Valacyclovir do symptoms go away?
Valacyclovir usually begins treating Herpes symptoms as soon as it enters your system. However, it may take several days before you see any relief. Even with Valacyclovir treatment, Herpes blisters can take up to 10 days (or even longer) to cure.
Can you have an outbreak while on Valacyclovir?
While taking Valacyclovir every day can cut your risk of Genital Herpes outbreaks by as much as 80%, you may still experience an outbreak despite your best efforts. But for many people, the frequency of episodes decreases with time.
How long is Valacyclovir in the system?
The effects of a single dose of Valacyclovir last for around 24 hours, after which the drug is flushed out of the system. For Valacyclovir to begin working, it may take up to 10 days. The age, the intensity of your symptoms, and your metabolism will all have an impact on how long you experience symptoms.
Can Valacyclovir cause weight gain?
Valacyclovir and other antiviral medicines can only treat Herpes infection symptoms and shorten outbreaks. Weight changes are not often reported with Valacyclovir usage.
Reviews 3 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]