Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Roza Gel
Roza gel 30g is an antibiotic medicine that is used on the skin.
It effectively treats certain skin disorders known as Rosacea, a type of adult acne.
This Gel helps in reducing Rosacea-related redness, swelling, and pimples.
It is a prescription-based medicine prescribed only to people with known medical conditions.
Orva Pharma is a leading pharmaceutical company that manufactures this Gel.
Uses of Roza Gel
It is prescribed to control the symptoms of Rosacea.
Rosacea is a skin condition that causes redness and pimples on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose.
After some while, broken blood vessels may be visible through your skin, which may thicken and swell.
It can sometimes cause eye problems like swelling, redness, and pain.
Burning of the skin, redness on the face, dry skin, an enlarged nose, larger pores, bumps on your eyelids, and difficulties in seeing are some of its symptoms.
How Roza Gel works
This Gel contains the active ingredient Metronidazole.
Metronidazole belongs to the class of Antimicrobials known as Nitroimidazole Antimicrobials.
It functions by inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
This medicine diffuses into bacteria and interacts with DNA.
Interacting with DNA suppresses protein synthesis and causes a loss of helical DNA shape and strand breaking.
Thus, leading to cell death and stopping bacterial growth.
How to use Roza Gel
Always use it as your doctor suggests. These few tips might help you.
- This medication is intended for topical use only
- Avoid contact with your eyes, mouth, and vagina. If it gets on these areas, rinse it off with water
- Wash your hands properly before and after the use of this Gel
- Make sure that the skin is clean and dry before applying this medication
- Apply a thin coating of Gel on the affected skin area
- You may apply cosmetics at least 5 minutes after the application of this medication
Along with its needed effects, this Gel can have some side effects. However, if you stick to your doctor's prescription, you can avoid these effects.
- Numbing, tingling or burning in the hands or feet
- Stinging or burning after applying
- Redness on the skin
- Inflammation of the skin
- Dry or scaly skin
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
These effects are temporary. Visit your doctor if it causes you any concern.
Roza Gel 30g containing Metronidazole may interact with certain medicines and diseases.
Learn about all the medicinal interactions to avoid any adverse effects.
- Black Cohosh
People with these conditions should cautiously use Metronidazole as it can have some serious interactions.
- Liver disease
- Neurologic Toxicity
- Blood Dyscrasias
Some precautions must be taken while using this Gel
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole topical, you should not use it
- Inform your physician if you have ever had a nerve system disorder
- While breastfeeding, you should not use this medicine
- This gel containing Metronidazole is not for use by those under the age of 18
- It is possible to experience skin reactions, such as contact Dermatitis when using this medication. Consult your doctor immediately if your skin is blistering, drying, or swelling
- This medication may irritate the eyes. Ask your doctor immediately
- This medicine must be kept in a dry, dark location away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of children's reach
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I use Metronidazole Gel for Rosacea?
When applied to the affected area once or twice daily for 7 to 12 weeks, Metronidazole Gel can treat moderate to severe Rosacea.
Does Metronidazole gel have side effects?
It can cause severe adverse effects, including numbing, tingling or burning in the hands or feet, stinging or burning after application, redness on the skin, inflammation of the skin, dry skin, runny nose, or sore throat.
Who should not take Metronidazole?
If you are allergic to Metronidazole topical or have a nerve system disorder, you should not use it. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use this Gel.
What are the five symptoms of Rosacea?
Burning of the skin, redness on the face, dry skin, an enlarged nose, larger pores, bumps on your eyelids, and difficulties in seeing are the symptoms of Rosacea.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]