Metaspray 100 mdi Nasal Spray
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Metaspray
Metaspray Nasal Spray is a medication used to treat allergy-related symptoms such as sneezing and a runny nose.
It belongs to a class of drugs called Corticosteroids and acts by lowering inflammation and irritation in the nose.
Metaspray 100 is also used to treat certain nasal growths (Nasal Polyps).
Metaspray is an FDA-approved medication that is available only on prescriptions.
Cipla Ltd. is a renowned pharmaceutical company that manufactures this spray.
What is Metaspray Nasal Spray used for
Metaspray 100 treats the following conditions:
Allergic Rhinitis is a term for allergic reactions in the nose.
It inflates your nose with allergens, such as pollens, house dust mites, etc.
Some of its symptoms include sneezing, an itchy nose, a runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, and an itchy roof of the mouth.
Nasal polyps are soft, noncancerous, painless growths on the lining of the nasal passages or sinuses.
They are linked to irritation and swelling (inflammation) of the lining of Nasal passages.
Nasal polyps droop like grapes or teardrops and can block your nasal passages.
Its symptoms include a runny nose, headache, and frequent infections.
How does Metaspray work
Mometasone is an active ingredient of Metaspray 100, a Corticosteroid.
Corticosteroids act similar to Cortisol, a hormone produced by Adrenal glands, which is responsible for controlling inflammation.
It reduces the symptoms of inflammatory conditions and allergic reactions by acting on the immune system.
Mometasone in the form of nasal sprays lower nasal swelling and mucus.
When it is used to treat Nasal Polyps, it functions by alleviating swelling and reducing the size of Polyps.
How to use Metaspray
Always use it as your doctor prescribes. These few usage tips will help you.
- Use this medication as your doctor prescribes, often once per day for a runny nose (Rhinitis) and once or twice per day for Polyps
- Before each usage, shake it properly. Remove the protective cap before use
- Before taking this medication, blow your nose gently to clear the nostrils
- Close one nostril by pushing your finger against it
- While maintaining the bottle's upright position, tilt your head slightly forward and delicately slide the nasal applicator into the other nostril
- Press the pump firmly to deliver the prescribed amount of sprays
- Breathe in through the nostrils and then exhale through the mouth
- In the same way, spray in your left nostril
- Do not spray straight onto your middle nasal wall (Nasal Septum)
- Repeat with the opposite nostril. Replace the plastic cap after wiping the applicator tip
- Avoid blowing your nose for at least 15 minutes after the administration of this medication
- Follow the instructions on the packaging to unclog the spray tip, if necessary, and to clean the spray bottle
- Spray away from the eyes and mouth
Metaspray Nasal Spray side effects
Metaspray can have some side effects. However, if you stick to your doctor's prescription, you can avoid these effects.
- Nose or throat dryness
- Blood-tinged mucus
- Pain or sores in the nose
- White patches in the nose or mouth
- Trouble swallowing
- Unusual tiredness
These effects are temporary. Visit your doctor if it causes you any concern.
Interactions may alter the effectiveness of the medication. Discuss any possible interactions with your healthcare provider.
Metaspray is known to interact with several medications occasionally, including:
- Lutetium Lu 177 Dotatate
Learn about all the disease interactions before using Metaspray
- Injury to the nose
- Recent nose surgery
- Infections (virus, bacteria, or fungus)
- Herpes simplex (virus) infection of the eye
- Recent exposure to chickenpox
Be cautious while using Metaspray 100.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Mometasone
- This medicine may contain inactive substances that can cause reactions or complications. Consult your pharmacist
- Provide your doctor with your medical history, especially of: eye issues (such as Glaucoma or Cataracts), infections (such as Tuberculosis or Herpes eye infection), and recent nasal issues (such as injury, ulcers, surgery)
- Avoid contact with those who may transfer contagious diseases (such as Chickenpox, Measles, and Flu)
- Rarely, prolonged use of Corticosteroids can impair the body's ability to respond to physical stress
- Disclose all the products you use to your doctor (including prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines, and herbal products)
- Using this medication excessively may raise your chance of adrenal gland disorders
- Consult your doctor if you experience several of the following side effects while taking this medication: skin darkening, Diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, lack of appetite, depression, nausea, unusual tiredness, or weight loss
- This medication may hinder children's growth and development. Discuss with your doctor
- This medicine must be kept in a dry, dark location away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of children's reach
- Discard the bottle after 120 sprays, even if medication is left in it. It is best to keep track of the number of sprays used to determine when the bottle should be discarded
Frequently Asked Questions
How many times should you use Metaspray?
Use Metspray once daily for a runny nose (Rhinitis) and once or twice daily for Polyps.
How long does Mometasone take to work?
It typically begins to work within two days, but it may take up to two weeks to feel its full effects.
Consult your physician before using this medication for nasal issues other than the one for which it was prescribed, as it should not be used for many bacterial, viral, or fungal infections of the nose.
What type of medicine is Mometasone?
Mometasone is a Corticosteroid. It reduces the symptoms of inflammatory conditions and allergic reactions by acting on the immune system.
Can you use Mometasone every day?
Mometasone is most effective when used regularly. Use Mometasone regularly unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.
Contact your doctor immediately if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after using Mometasone Nasal Spray.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]