and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Azax 500 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About Azax 500
Azax 500 (Azithromycin) is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, nose, ear, lungs, throat, eye, and skin.
It also works for Typhoid fever and some sexually transmitted diseases like Gonorrhoea.
A bacterial infection happens when bacteria grow in the body and cause an infection.
It can spread quickly and target any part of the body.
The manufacturer of Azax's various strengths is Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Uses of Ranbaxy Azax 500 mg
Azax 500 medicine is a type of antibiotic that can be used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections.
Blood, brain, lung, bone, joint, urinary tract, stomach, and intestine infections are among them.
It can also be used to treat diseases transmitted by sexual contact.
How does Azax 500 work
It works by stopping bacteria from producing the essential proteins to carry out vital functions.
So, it prevents the bacteria from spreading and stops the infection from spreading.
It takes two and a half and just over three hours for the peak levels of Azithromycin.
How to take medicine
This medicine is to be taken orally. Take it all at once. Do not chew on it, break it, or crush it.
Follow your doctor's instructions about how much to take this medicine and how long.
It can be consumed with or without food, but it should be taken at a fixed daily time for the best results.
Azax is available in two strengths such as:
- Azax 250 mg
- Azax 500 mg
Side effects of Azithromycin 500 mg
Some people may have the following side effects, but if you follow your doctor's instructions, you can avoid them. These side effects are:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Most side effects don't need medical help and go away as your body gets used to the medicine. Tell your doctor if they keep happening or you're worried about them.
This medicine can interact with drugs, diseases, and alcohol which can cause some side effects.
- Anti-nausea tablets: Domperidone
- Anti-migraine medicines: Ergotamine, Dihydroergotamine
- Mental health medicines: Pimozide and Amisulpride
- Anti-cholesterol tablets: Simvastatin
- Arthritis medicine: Colchicine
- Bladder weakness medicine: Tolterodine
Taking Azax 500 mg with any of the following drugs can change how they work and cause side effects.
- Liver problems
- Arrhythmia: heart rhythm disorder
- Myasthenia gravis: muscle problem
- Colitis: inflammation of the intestine
- Electrolyte imbalance
As a precaution, you shouldn't drink alcohol because it can make you dizzy.
If you drink alcohol, you should let your doctor know before taking this medicine.
- You should inform your doctor if you have muscle problems (Myasthenia gravis), liver problems (Jaundice), heart rhythm problems (Arrhythmia), or an electrolyte imbalance
- In rare cases, taking Azax 500 mg can cause Diarrhea. So, if you have Diarrhea, stop taking the tablets and talk to your doctor
- While taking this medicine, drinking alcohol is not safe
- Before consuming this medicine, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to Azithromycin or other macrolide antibiotics
- This medicine is not recommended for people with Pneumonia who can't take medicine by mouth
- Inform your doctor if you take drugs like Simvastatin, Lovastatin, etc., to lower your Cholesterol, Colchicine to treat Arthritis, or medicine to treat an overactive bladder (Tolterodine)
Store it in a cool, dry place away from the sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Azax 500 good for the cold?
Azax 500 mg medicine doesn't help with viral infections like the flu or a cold.
Can I take Azax 500 twice a day?
You should consult your doctor about the medicine dosage as its extra dose can increase the chances of side effects like feeling or being sick or Diarrhea.
How do we reduce the side effects of this medicine?
While you are taking this medicine, eat simple meals and avoid foods that are rich or spicy. You should drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration.
How quickly does it work?
It will take medicine seven days to start working in your body.
What should I not eat after taking this medicine?
Grapefruit, food that is high in calcium, and alcohol are all things you should not eat while taking antibiotics.
Can I take it before bed?
You should not take this medicine before bed if you want to sleep.
Is Azithromycin a strong antibiotic?
When it comes to killing the Gram-negative pathogen H. influenza, Azithromycin is much more potent than other medicines. Like other well-known macrolides, it is very effective against a Gram-negative pathogen in the upper respiratory tract called M. catarrhalis and an intracellular pathogen, C.
Is Ranbaxy Azax 500 used for throat infections?
Yes, it is an antibiotic used to treat infections of the throat.