and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg
|Label of unit||1 Bottle/s|
About the brand of the drug
Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg brand is manufactured by one of the leading Indian companies Cipla Ltd. The medication contains a generic form of the drug Salbutamol which is the topmost prescribed drugs for patients suffering from asthma. Asthma attack results due to the constriction of the smooth muscles present in the respiratory tract due to internal or environmental reasons. Asthalin inhaler 100 mcg is a bronchodilator which relaxes the constricted smooth vessels associated during an asthma attack and helps patients recover from it. It is also used for patients who feel difficulty in breathing as this medication dilates the airway which facilitates ease of breathing.
About the drug:
The active constituent present in Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg is Salbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator and is used in patients suffering from asthma. The inhaler is a type of metered dose inhaler which consists of 200 doses containing 100 mcg of the drug in each of the doses. The inhaler precisely delivers a dose of 100 mcg of the drug at the site of action so that there are least chances of any side effects.
Salbutamol present in Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg is responsible for the relaxation of the smooth vessels present in the airway which lead to dilation in the airway through which patients suffering from asthma can breathe normally.
Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg contains Salbutamol as the active salt present in the formulation. It is delivered in the form of minute dispersible particles by the inhaler. The solubility of the drug is enhanced due to which they enter the cells rapidly and starts showing its effects with 2 minutes after administration. Rapid onset of action is required for a patient suffering from an asthma attack as the condition may turn fatal and lead to the death of the patient.
- Asthma – Condition which is characterized by obstruction in the airway leading to sudden and severe difficulty in breathing. If the not treated within time may also lead to the death of the patient
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – It is a group of diseases which results in the blockage of the respiratory system in the patients. It makes it very difficult for the patient to breathe and may result in asthma attacks
- Bronchitis – Swelling and blockage of the airway of the patients which is caused due to an allergic reaction which results in difficulty in breathing
Working of the drug:
Salbutamol the active constituent of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the airway which have constricted due to an asthma attack and resulted in difficulty in breathing. Relaxation of smooth muscles leads to dilation and opening of the blocked air passages in the lungs. As a result, the amount of air flow increases to the lungs and breathing becomes easier for the patient. The condition of the patient improves within minutes after administration of the drug due to its rapid onset of action.
Administration of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg more than the prescribed dose by the doctor may result in the following side effects:
- Agitation and Anxiety
- Muscle pain and cramps
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty in passing urine
The side effects which are mentioned above are normal which may occur for a short period of time. However, there are chances of certain severe side effects which if observed should be brought into the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Shaking and trembling of arms and feet
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of face, eyelids, lips, tongue, hands and feet
- Skin rash and spotting
How to use:
It is strictly advised to administer Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg after a prescription obtained from a registered medical practitioner. If the medication is consumed without consulting with a doctor, it may have harmful effects on the patient. Given below are some general instruction which one should follow before administration of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg.
- Frequency and the duration of the doses should be taken as instructed by the doctor
- Shake the container well before use. Check the label on the container for directions before use
- Administration of two doses at once may lead to severe side effects
- Pregnant and lactating women should not the use of this medication unless the benefits may outweigh the risks associated with it
Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg if administered along with the following drugs may increase the risk of severe side effects in the patient.
- Insulin and other anti-diabetic medicines
- Diuretic drugs like Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Drugs used to treat cardiovascular diseases like Propranolol and Atenolol
- Steroidal drugs like Prednisolone and Hydrocortisone
- Anti-biotic drugs like Azithromycin.
Disclaimer: Administration of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg along with one or more of the above drugs may not only cause severe side effects but may even result in a reaction which may lead to worsening of the condition of the patient during the asthma attack. These interactions if not prevented in a patient may even lead to his/her death. Proper consultation should be done with a doctor to understand all the possible interaction before consuming this medication. If any adverse event occurs, immediate medical intervention is necessary.
When to avoid taking the drug:
Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg should not be administered in patients suffering from:
- Heart disease – Patients suffering from heart disease should not consume this medication as it may lead to worsening of the condition of the patient and may even cause a heart attack
- Diabetes – Use of this medication may result in an increase in blood sugar level which may be harmful to diabetic patients
- Hypokalaemia – Administration of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg is associated with a decrease in blood potassium levels. It should be used with caution in patients having potassium imbalance in their body
Things to avoid while using the drug:
- Alcohol – It is not safe to consume alcohol and Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg together as it may potentiate severe side effects
- Driving or Working – Driving or working on machines should be avoided until the patient feels better as the medication may affect the ability of the patient to do complex work
General Information and Precautions:
- Alcohol – It is not safe to administer this medication along with alcohol as it may potentiate severe side effects
- Working or Driving – Driving and working on machines should be avoided until the patient feels better as it may lead to accidents
- Allergy – Patients having a known history of allergy with Salbutamol should not consume this medication
- Organs – Patients suffering from kidney or liver disease should take extreme caution in consuming this medication
- Age – Patients below the age of 18 years can consume this medication after consulting with a nearby doctor
- Pregnancy – Administration of this medication should be avoided in pregnant women as it may have harmful effects on the child
- Lactation – Lactating women should avoid this medication as there are chances that the drug may pass onto the child through breast milk and cause harmful effects
- Old age – Patients above the age of 60 years old should consult with a doctor before consuming this medication
Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg should be stored at a temperature below 30o C. Prevent the exposure of sunlight and moisture.
General FAQs regarding the drug:
What is the onset action of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg?
Ans. The effects of Asthalin inhaler 100 mcg can be seen rapidly within 2 minutes after the administration of the medication.
Would Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg be more effective if taken more than the recommended dose?
Ans. No, high doses of Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg may result in adverse reactions which may lead to the death of the patient.
Is it safe to consume Asthalin Inhaler 100 mcg if I have heart diseases?
Ans. Yes, but its use depends on the severity of the heart problem. If you feel chest pain due to the consumption of Asthalin inhaler 100 mcg, you should consult a nearby doctor immediately.
|Label of unit||1 Bottle/s|