and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Beclate Inhaler 200 mcg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About the brand name of the drug
Beclate inhaler 200 mcg is an inhalation medication used in the management of asthma-related problems. This drug is also being used in treating allergic rhinitis. The beclate inhaler contains Beclomethasone dipropionate as the core ingredient. It is currently being manufactured by Cipla India Ltd. The inhaler is popular among doctors worldwide and is marketed in the USA under the brand name Beclovent.
About the drug
Beclate inhaler 200 mcg is a medication used commonly in reducing asthmatic symptoms and its exacerbations. It is now being used in the long-term management of asthma but not in its treatment. The active agent is Beclomethasone dipropionate, a steroidal compound with excellent anti-inflammatory properties. It acts on the swollen and blocked airways and helps in relieving the symptoms. It can be used in mild, moderate and severe asthma.
Beclate inhaler is available in 100 mcg and 200 mcg strengths. The same content is available as a nasal spray and inhalation fluids. Examples of a few brands of Beclomethasone dipropionate available in the market are:
• Beclate 200- Manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
• Duomate forte- Manufactured by Lupin Ltd.
About the salt of the drug
All of the pharmacological activities of Beclate inhaler is due to the presence of Beclomethasone. It is present in its dipropionate salt form. It is a prodrug and gets converted into the active compound within the body. Beclomethasone is a synthetic corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory properties. Thereby, it has been found useful in asthma and allergic rhinitis. It is available as different types of formulations like nasal sprays, inhalations, pills and inhalers. This drug molecule might also be useful in conditions like Crohn’s disease (understudies).
Medical uses of the drug
Traditionally, Beclate inhaler has found its use in treating airway disorders. However, there are a few other indications for which this drug could be made use of:
• Asthma- inflammatory condition of the airways causing breathing difficulties; Beclate inhaler is used to treat mild, moderate and severe asthma
• Allergic rhinitis- an inflammatory condition of the nostrils
• Some allergic conditions of the skin
• Ulcerative colitis –inflammation in the digestive tract
Working of the drug
Beclomethasone dipropionate which is the pharmaceutical agent is a prodrug. It gets converted into active metabolite beclomethasone-17- monopropionate. This corticosteroid inhibits inflammatory cells (mast cells, eosinophils, blast cells, basophils, lymphocytes and neutrophils). Additionally, the molecule also blocks the release of inflammatory mediators like histamine, cytokine etc. Thus, when allergens or irritants trigger some reaction in the airways, the production of such mediators is prevented. This mechanism helps in the management of asthmatic problems.
Since the main component of Beclate inhaler is a corticosteroid, there are certain side effects that one must be aware of:
• Sore throat or tongue- mainly due to infection caused by Candida species
• Hoarseness of voice
• Throat infection
• Contusion in the skin- a condition where skin shows bruising like marks
• Problems in adrenal gland- when the drug is being used for long time periods
• There are chances of reduction in bone density which can cause fractures (long term use)
• Muscle weakness and body pain
• Acne- pimple like formations on the skin
• Nausea or vomiting
• Disturbances in vision
One must inform the physician if any of the unwanted effects get harmful to the patient.
How to use
The medication is to be used only under proper medical advice. The inhaler must be used carefully following the given instructions:
• The cap of the inhaler must be removed
• Before using it for the first time or if the inhaler has not been used for more than 10 days, release 2 test sprays away from your face and mouth
• Keep the inhaler with the mouthpiece facing up in a horizontal position
• Put the mouthpiece within your mouth, between the teeth and close your lips around it
• Tilt your head a little backwards
• Press down once so that the medication is released
• Breathe in slowly and deeply
• After breathing in, take the mouthpiece out of your mouth; keep your mouth closed
• Maintain this position for about 10 seconds so that the drug reaches the airways
• Close the mouthpiece tightly with the cap
• Wash your mouth with lukewarm water (to prevent oral infections)
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
Generally, steroids interact with a number of drugs. Some are useful whereas a few reactions can be potentially dangerous.
• The metabolism of drugs like warfarin is enhanced when taken with Beclate inhaler; there is reduced efficacy of warfarin
• When hormones like testosterone, androstenedione is given when one is using this inhaler, there is a risk of severe oedema formation
• The chances of adverse reactions are increased when drugs like Abatacept is consumed along with this mfedication
• Aceclofenac can cause gastric irritations when taken with Beclate inhaler
When to avoid taking this drug
Beclate inhaler is not recommended under the following situations:
• When you a hypersensitivity allergic response to steroids in general or to Beclomethasone in particular
• This medication is not the drug of choice for status asthmaticus (a severe condition where asthma attacks follow one another continuously without any pause) or any other acute asthma exacerbations
• Do not use the inhaler when you are close to heat or flames; it might result in accidents
Things to avoid while taking this drug
It is always safe and better to avoid the below-mentioned things when you are under treatment with Beclate inhaler:
• Do not use this inhaler with any other medicine (other than Beclomethasone)
• It is advised not to remove the canister from the actuator; it could damage the inhaler
• Do not discontinue the use of this medication without consulting your physician; this will cause rebound effects
• Avoid changing the dosing frequency as per your convenience.
• Beclate inhaler contains a very potent drug molecule (Beclomethasone); use it only under a medical prescription
• Read the leaflet or label of the medication to understand the proper usage of inhaler
• should Follow the dosing instructions given by the doctor and those given in the label
• Rinse the mouth with water after using the inhaler each time, to prevent infections
• Inform your doctor if you feel any severe side effect
• Pregnancy- there are no apparent ill effects of this drug on the human foetus. However, studies show certain unwanted effects in animals. Thus, the risks associated with Beclate inhaler must be weighed against the benefits before starting therapy in pregnant women
• Lactation- there is no proper evidence showing excretion of Beclomethasone into breast milk when used as an inhaler. However, risks are to be analysed.
• Alcohol- interaction with alcohol consumed is not evident; maintain caution under such conditions
• Driving and operating heavy machinery- there is no problem in using heavy machinery or driving vehicles while using Beclate inhaler
• Other medications- the user must watch out for interactions with other medications to avoid unwanted reactions in the body
The inhaler is to be maintained under proper storage conditions to obtain full efficacy of the drug:
• Make sure the inhaler is not in the vicinity of extreme heat or flames; there are chances of explosion
• Close the cap of mouthpiece tightly to prevent the entry of moisture and to avoid losing potency
• Do not refrigerate the drug
• Place Beclate inhaler in a place away from the reach of small children and pets; they can be affected severely if consumed
General FAQs regarding the drug
Is this medication habit forming?
Ans. No. There is no evidence showing the habit-forming property of Beclate inhaler.
Can I use this medication in case of acute asthma
Ans. No. Beclate inhaler is not effective in cases of acute asthma attacks. It might aggravate the condition. The inhaler is used only in managing existing asthma conditions.
Does this drug affect kidney or liver function?
Ans. Since the drug is inhaled directly, the amount of drug available in the blood does not impair organs like liver and kidney.
Reviews 5 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]