Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Itaspor 100 mg
Itaspor 100 mg is a type of antifungal medicine.
It treats fungal infections in various body parts such as the lungs, nails, mouth, throat, etc.
Itaspor 100 mg contains Itraconazole as an active ingredient, which belongs to the class of medicines known as azole antifungals.
It functions by inhibiting the growth of the fungus responsible for the infections.
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. produces the various strengths of Itaspor.
Uses of Itaspor 100 mg
Itaspor 100 mg is effective against yeast and fungus infections of the skin, mouth, nails, feet, hands, etc.
Itaspor is an antifungal medicine containing the active component Itraconazole.
It is an azole antifungal, which is a class of medication.
It affects the fungi's cell wall, stopping them from forming and growing and eventually killing them off.
Aside from fungal infections, one can use it to treat flaky discolored areas on the chest and back and conditions in AIDS patients.
How does Itaspor 100 work
Itaspor 100 mg is prescribed for adults to treat fungal or yeast infections in the skin, vagina, and other body areas.
Itraconazole, an active component of Itaspor, aids in the treatment, control, prevention, and improvement of various fungal illnesses by inhibiting fungal development in the body.
It prevents the synthesis of ergosterol, an essential element of the cell membrane of the fungus.
It acts by eliminating fungus and preventing their growth.
This process reduces the severity of the infection's symptoms and speeds up healing.
How to take medicine
- Take this medicine according to the dosage and period prescribed by your doctor
- You should drink plenty of water along with the medicine
- Take it with food to prevent stomach distress or as prescribed by your doctor
- Make sure you don't chew on it or break it
- You should take your missed dose of Itaspor as soon as you remember. However, if you forget a dose, don't take two doses at once to compensate for it
- Never exceed the recommended dose. If you suspect an Itaspor 100 overdose, seek medical help immediately
There are two strengths of Itaspor, such as:
Side effects of Itaspor 100 mg
Most side effects go away when your body becomes used to the medication and don't need to be treated by medicine.
Common side effects
Rare side effects
- Hearing loss
If these side effects persist or you're concerned about them, speak with your doctor.
Interactions between medicines can alter their effects or increase the chances of side effects.
If you are on any of the following medicines, you should inform your doctor:
- Liver disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Congestive Heart Failure
Take an Itaspor with food because it helps the stomach absorb the medicine better.
Itaspor may have an interaction with grapefruit juice. As a result, avoid drinking grapefruit juice with Itaspor because it may reduce its effectiveness.
Avoid consuming marijuana with Itaspor as it may increase the adverse effects of marijuana.
- If you are allergic to Itaspor or any other medications, please inform your doctor
- Itaspor is a pregnancy category C medicine that may harm the unborn child. You should ask the doctor before taking Itaspor if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or are a breastfeeding mother
- Do not use Fentanyl with Itaspor since it may induce serious breathing difficulties
- Do not take Itaspor if you have heart failure because it may produce severe, maybe fatal, side effects
- If you observe dark urine, yellowing of your eyes or skin, stomach pain, pale stools, loss of appetite, fatigue, vomiting, or nausea, you should immediately stop using Itaspor and visit a doctor, as these could be signs of liver failure
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney, liver, heart, or lung problems before using Itaspor
- Don't take more than the advised dosage
- Take your medicine at a particular time each day
- Itaspor should be taken by mouth with food as suggested by your doctor
- Inform your practitioner if you are allergic to Itraconazole, any other azole antifungals like Ketoconazole), or any other medications before using Itraconazole
- Do not operate machinery, drive, or do anything else that requires attentiveness until you are sure to perform it safely
- If you use marijuana and alcohol, consult your doctor, as they can increase the chance of significant liver disorders
- Inform your doctor or dentist about all of the medicines you consume before having surgery
Place this medicine in a cool, dry place.
Keep it away from direct sunlight.
Make sure it's out of the reach of kids and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Itraconazole 100 mg used for?
Itraconazole is a prescribed antifungal medicine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for certain fungal infections, including Histoplasmosis, Esophageal candidiasis, and Oropharyngeal candidiasis.
How quickly does Itraconazole work?
After treatment, it takes between one and four weeks for Itraconazole to work best against the fungi that cause Ringworm. For the best results, it is necessary to complete the entire course of medicine.
How long does it take for Itraconazole to work on the skin?
After completing the course of Itraconazole, patches of skin may take a few weeks to recover fully. It could take several months for fingers and toenails to heal completely.
What should I avoid while taking Itraconazole?
If you already have liver or kidney problems, avoid taking Itraconazole with Colchicine, Fesoterodine, Solifenacin, or Telithromycin. Combining these medications may increase the chances of side effects.
Why is it essential to take Itraconazole with food?
Itraconazole pills are more easily absorbed when taken with food. For the most effective outcomes, Itraconazole should be taken after a meal.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org