Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Cobix 100 mg
Cobix 100 mg is a Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine used for pain relief.
It contains Celecoxib, a medicine member of the NSAIDs class of pharmaceuticals, which treats inflammation.
It reduces Arthritis and Osteoarthritis symptoms like pain, redness, and swelling.
Celecoxib functions by preventing the release of specific molecules that induce inflammation and pain.
Cipla Ltd, a renowned pharmaceutical company, manufactures Cobix 100 mg.
Uses of Cobix 100 mg
Cobix 100 is a medicine for pain relief.
It helps treat painful conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Cervical spondylitis, Menstruation discomfort, and arthritic back and neck pain.
Celecoxib is the active ingredient of Cobix.
It relieves pain or inflammation caused by illnesses such as Arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, and Menstruation pain.
Arthritis is a situation that causes swelling in one or more joints, resulting in joint pain and stiffness that worsens over time.
Migraines can be treated with this medication. It helps treat nausea and other migraine symptoms like sensitivity to light and sound.
How does Cobix 100 work
The active ingredient in Cobix 100 mg is Celecoxib, a class of pharmaceuticals called Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
It is used to treat menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea), Osteoarthritis, Arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, and other painful and inflammatory medical diseases.
It effectively inhibits the release of chemical messengers responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Celecoxib is a COX-2 inhibitor and a Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory medication.
It prevents your body from producing some natural inflammatory molecules.
This effect helps reduce fever, discomfort, or swelling.
How to take medicine
- Consume this medication by mouth as prescribed by your doctor, with or without food
- Taking your medicine at the same time each day is recommended
- Completely ingest the medicine with water. Not to be chewed, broken, or crushed
- The appropriate dosage will be given depending on your medical condition by your doctor
- Don't use this medication in larger amounts or more frequently than advised
- If your next dose follows soon, follow your regular schedule. Never increase the amount to make up for a missed dose
- An overdose can have a variety of side effects. If you suffer any side effects from this medicine or if you take too much of it, get medical assistance immediately
- It's vital to consume enough water while using this medication to prevent dehydration
Side effects of Cobix
Specific adverse effects from Cobix may occur. To avoid these consequences, adhere to your doctor's instructions.
Common side effects
- Runny nose
- Decreased appetite
- Painful swallowing
- Stomach pain
Rare side effects
- Signs of kidney problems
- Liver disease
- Symptoms of heart failure
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Dark urine
- Trouble breathing
If these side effects cause serious problems, you should tell your doctor.
Every medicine interacts differently with each individual.
Before beginning any medication, discuss with your doctor all possible interactions.
- ACE inhibitors like Captopril and Lisinopril
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers like Valsartan and losartan
This medicine is not advised for patients with a known history of NSAID-sensitive Asthma. Under your doctor's guidance, you should replace it with a suitable alternative.
Fluid retention and Edema
Some people who use this medicine may develop Edema and fluid retention.
Close monitoring of blood pressure, electrolyte levels, and cardiac function may be necessary, depending on the clinical state.
Depending on the clinical condition, appropriate dose modifications or substitution with a suitable alternative may be required in specific circumstances.
Alcohol and Cobix 100 mg may interact. Drinking alcohol while taking Cobix may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
- While taking medicine, be sure to follow your doctor's recommendations
- Never use more or less of this medicine than recommended
- Notify your pharmacist if you have any allergies before using Celecoxib, including those to Aspirin, other NSAIDs (such as Ibuprofen, Naproxen), or anything else
- You should also notify your doctor straight away if the number of urine changes in an unusual way
- Smoking and drinking often, especially when taking this medicine, may make you more likely to experience stomach bleeding. Ask your pharmacist about the recommended daily alcohol intake
- Make sure your doctor is aware of all medications or supplements you take before surgery
- Women of childbearing age should discuss the advantages and dangers of this medicine with their doctor before taking it
- Patients who have just undergone cardiac bypass surgery or who will soon undergo the procedure shouldn't use this medicine
- Please stop taking Cobix 100 mg and call your doctor right away if you lose weight, have Diarrhea, discomfort, or vomiting
Cobix should be kept in a cool, dry location below 30°C.
Keep kids and pets away from this medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cobix used for?
Cobix 100 mg is a medicine for pain relief.
It treats Arthritis and Osteoarthritis by reducing pain, redness, and swelling.
It inhibits the release of chemicals responsible for pain and inflammation.
Do you need a prescription to buy drugs online?
An online pharmacy cannot dispense prescription-only medications without a legally authorized prescription. You will therefore require a prescription from a General Practitioner (GP) or other healthcare providers, either on paper or electronically through the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS).
How long does it take Celecoxib to work?
Some people start feeling the effects of Celecoxib within a few hours of taking a dose. Others might not experience the results of the medicine for many days or perhaps a week or two. If you use this medicine for an extended period and don't feel any different, you should talk to your doctor.
When should you not take Celecoxib?
Using it from 20 weeks of pregnancy to birth is not advised. Suppose your doctor determines that you must take this drug between weeks 20 and 30 of pregnancy. In that case, you should take it for the shortest possible time at the lowest effective dose. Using this drug after 30 weeks of pregnancy is not advised.
What are the dangers of taking Celecoxib?
Celecoxib has some common side effects, including Diarrhea, Hypertension, and abnormal liver function tests. There are also side effects such as nausea, vomiting, Edema, Dyspepsia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, and stomach pain.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]