Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Cabliz 0.5
Cabliz 0.5 mg is used to treat Hyperprolactinemia (abnormally high level of Prolactin in the body).
It can be used to treat specific menstruation issues, male and female fertility problems, and Pituitary Prolactinomas (pituitary gland tumors).
This medicine is also useful for stopping the production of unwanted breast milk.
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. is a renowned pharmaceutical company that manufactures Cabliz.
Uses of Cabliz 0.5
It is prescribed to treat many medical conditions caused by Hyperprolactinemia.
Hyperprolactinemia is when excessive amounts of the hormone Prolactin are produced.
It happens when the pituitary gland makes too much Prolactin.
If Prolactin levels are too high, it could be because of a hormone problem or a tumor in the pituitary gland.
It can cause symptoms like infertility, changes in the menstrual cycle and breast milk production, sexual problems, etc.
How does Cabliz 0.5 work
Cabliz contains Cabergoline, which is in a class of medications called Dopamine receptor agonists.
Dopamine is a chemical that the body makes. Cabergoline works by binding to Dopamine receptors.
It stops the brain from making and releasing the Prolactin hormone from the pituitary gland.
This helps bring down the amount of Prolactin in your body.
How to take Cabliz 0.5
Always adhere to your doctor's prescription.
Take this medication orally, with or without food, often twice weekly, or as your doctor advises
Your medical condition and treatment response will determine the dosage
Your doctor will begin you on a low dose and gradually increase it over several months to reduce the negative effects
Take this medicine consistently to obtain the maximum benefit
Cabliz 0.5 tablet can have certain side effects. However, you can avoid them if you follow your doctor's instructions.
Some side effects include:
If side effects persist or worsen, you must consult a doctor immediately.
It may interact with certain medications and diseases. Talk to your doctor to learn all the potential interactions.
Some of the medicinal interactions are:
Some of the medicine-disease interactions are:
- Hepatic Dysfunction
- Cardiac Valvular disorders
Consult your doctor regarding all potential contraindications.
- Blood and other tests may be required to monitor any side effects on the heart
- Ensure that your doctor is aware if you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant. He/She will consider whether you should continue taking this medication while pregnant or not
- This medication may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or less alertness than usual. Be cautious
- It is possible to experience dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, especially while rising from a lying or seated posture
- Consult your physician immediately if you experience symptoms of fainting, hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that do not exist), dizziness, stuffy nose, or fast heartbeat
- This medication may increase your chance of heart, kidney, lung, or stomach complications. If you have chest pain, intense fatigue, difficulty breathing, or swelling, consult your doctor immediately
- Also, inform your doctor if you develop a persistent cough, chest pain, or difficulty breathing while taking this medication. It could be symptoms of Pulmonary Fibrosis, a dangerous lung disorder
- Some people who used this medication experienced peculiar behavioral changes. Talk to your doctor if you notice any changes
- Prevent it from sunlight and moisture and keep Atorlip in its original pack.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I take Cabliz 0.5 Tablet, and in what dose?
Take this medication as your doctor prescribes. The recommended dosage and duration depend on the patient's medical condition. It is recommended to take this medication with or after a meal to reduce the likelihood of Nausea and Vomiting.
What are the side effects of using Cabliz 0.5 Tablet?
During the initial few days of treatment, this medication may lower your blood pressure, causing you to feel lightheaded. During the initial days of treatment, it is recommended that you change your position carefully when attempting to sit, stand, or lie down. Your physician may advise you to regularly monitor your blood pressure during these days. Other side effects include sleepiness, Nausea, Headache, Dizziness, vertigo, stomach discomfort, indigestion, fatigue, and weakness. Consult your doctor if any of these side effects cause you discomfort.
What is Cabergoline, and what is it used for?
Cabergoline is an active salt of the Cabliz tablet. It belongs to a class of medicines that decrease Prolactin levels. It treats medical conditions such as Hyperprolactinemia caused by an unusually high prolactin level. It is also used to stop breast milk production (lactation) in stillbirth, abortion, or ectopic pregnancy.
Is Cabliz a habit-forming medicine?
Cabliz 0.5 mg Tablet is not associated with any habit-forming tendencies.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]