Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Actigra 100 mg
Actigra 100 mg is one of the most common medicines to treat Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
It is a condition in which a man can't get or keep a hard erection in the penile area that is good enough for sexual activity.
This happens when there is less blood flow because of a physical injury, a medical condition, or a psychological issue such as anxiety, depression, stress, etc.
Sildenafil is the active ingredient in Actigra 100 mg.
It widens the blood vessels to make your erection last longer, which increases blood flow to the penile area.
It makes sexual activity more satisfying and keeps you from losing your erection when you're most excited.
Uses of Actigra 100 mg
Actigra 100 mg helps in the treatment of ED or impotence in men.
The active ingredient of Actigra 100, Sildenafil, increases the blood flow to the penis to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse.
Through this process, a man can get or keep an erection easily.
How does Actigra 100 mg work
Sildenafil, the main ingredient of Actigra, inhibits the effects of Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5).
It helps relax the blood vessels in the penile region, which lets more blood flow to the penis when stimulated sexually.
Actigra can aid in achieving an erection, but you must be sexually stimulated for it to be effective.
This helps you get and keep a hard, erect penis that's good for sexual activity.
How to take medicine
You should follow the same dose of Actigra 100 that your doctor prescribes.
While taking this medicine, you should consider the following things:
- Consume the same amount of dose as recommended by your doctor
- Just take it all in and swallow it. Do not chew on it or crush it
- You can take it along with food or without food. Actigra tablets should be taken at the same time daily to get the best results
- Actigra 100 mg should be taken at least an hour before sexual activity and, if possible, before a meal
- You should avoid the chances of overdose as it can cause side effects
- Get medical help immediately if you somehow take the overdose
Side effects of Actigra 100 mg
Some people may experience side effects, but you can prevent them by carefully following your doctor's recommendations.
Common side effects
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle pain
- Pain in legs, arms, or upper parts of the stomach
- Dry mouth
Rare side effects
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Numbness of mouth
- Throat tightness
- Temporarily decrease in blood flow to the brain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Vertigo (spinning sensation)
Some medicines can change how Actigra works, or this medicine can make other medicines less effective when taken with them.
Inform your physician if you already use any of the following medications before taking Actigra 100 mg:
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir and Lopinavir used for HIV infection
- Nitrates or Amyl Nitrites such as Nitroglycerin and Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Riociguat for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Alpha-blockers for urinary problems caused by high blood pressure and Benign Prostate Enlargement (BPE)
- Other medicines for Erectile Dysfunction
- Kidney Disease
- Cardiovascular diseases
- The disease of the retina
- Liver Dysfunction
- Pulmonary Disease
One should not consume high-fat food along with Sildenafil.
This will reduce the medicine's effectiveness.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Actigra because it could cause side effects that make it hard to get an erection.
- You should inform your physician if you are allergic to Sildenafil or other drugs. Ask your physician to give you a list of what's in it
- While taking Sildenafil, don't take drugs like poppers that contain Amyl Nitrate or Butyl Nitrate
- Inform your doctor what prescription and nonprescription drugs, vitamins, and nutritional supplements you plan to take
- Tell your doctor that you are taking Sildenafil if you are going to have surgery
- If you're taking Sildenafil to treat Erectile Dysfunction, tell your physician if a doctor has ever told you to avoid sexual activity because of your health or if you've ever had chest pain while being sexual
- Actigra is not recommended for women and people younger than 18
- If your erection lasts longer than 4 hours after you take medicine, you should talk to your doctor immediately
- You should not take this medicine more than once within 24 hours
Keep this medicine in a tight-closing container and out of the reach of children.
You should store the tablets at room temperature and away from too much heat and moisture, but not in the bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Sildenafil be taken daily?
Yes, you can take it every day.
However, you need to first ask your doctor about it and follow the exact instructions given by them.
Does Sildenafil increase size?
Sildenafil won't make your penis bigger, nor will it increase the maximum size of your erection.
It helps in getting or maintaining an erection during sexual activity.
How long is Sildenafil effective?
For Erectile Dysfunction, it usually starts to work 30 minutes after you take it. It can keep working for up to 4 hours, but it usually works less after 2 hours. Only take it in the brand that your doctor told you to.
When is the best time to take Sildenafil?
Take Sildenafil before sexual activity as needed. The best time to take Sildenafil is about 30 minutes to an hour before you want to get sexual.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com