and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
What is Venlafaxine
Venlafaxine is an antidepressant medication used to treat Depression.
It belongs to the class of medicines known as Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs).
The effective treatment of depression boosts your mood and energy level. Further, this revives your interest in daily activities.
It functions by restoring the balance of certain natural chemicals (Serotonin and Norepinephrine) in the brain.
Venlafaxine is a prescription-based drug prescribed only to people with known medical issues.
What is Venlafaxine used for
It is recommended to treat major Depressive disorder, anxiety, and Panic disorder.
Major Depressive disorder
Depression (major depressive disorder) is a mood condition characterized by chronic sadness and a loss of interest.
It leads to several emotional and physical difficulties.
Anxiety is a condition that causes an individual to feel excessively worried or anxious.
The feelings are so intense that they interfere with regular tasks and sleep.
A panic attack is an extreme feeling of anxiety or discomfort.
The attack begins abruptly and reaches its peak ten minutes after it begins.
How does Venlafaxine work
It belongs to a group of Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs).
Depression is linked to low levels of Serotonin and Norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters, or chemical messengers, impact one's mood.
This medicine increases the levels of Serotonin and Norepinephrine in the brain by blocking their reabsorption at the presynaptic terminal.
It enhances the availability of these neurotransmitters.
This affects changes in brain chemistry and helps better communication in brain nerve cells.
The whole process regulates mood, thus relieving depression.
How to take Venlafaxine
- Take this medication orally as instructed by your doctor, typically twice or three times a day with food
- Your doctor may start this medicine at a low dose and gradually raise it
- Carefully adhere to your doctor's directions. Take this drug consistently to get maximum benefits
- Take Venlafaxine at the same time daily to help you remember
- Do not discontinue taking this drug without your doctor's approval. Some problems may worsen upon abrupt discontinuation
- It may be essential to reduce your dosage to reduce negative effects gradually. Report to your doctor if you experience any adverse effect
Venlafaxine side effects
It may have some side effects. But if you adhere to your doctor's recommendations, you can prevent them.
- Trouble breathing
- Blurred vision
- Unusual sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Eye pain
- Sleep problems
Visit your doctor's physician right away if any of the side effects cause you concern.
Each person taking Venlafaxine reacts differently to the medication. Consult your doctor to know all the possible interactions
Inform your doctor about your diseases to avoid drug-disease interactions:
- Other antidepressants
- Blood thinner - Warfarin
Inform your doctor in advance about all your medical conditions
- Renal disease
- Urinary tract obstruction
- If you are allergic to the ingredients of this medicine, you should not use this medication
- Do not use this medicine seven days before or fourteen days after using an MAO inhibitor. A potentially harmful medicinal interaction may occur.
- Before using this medication, inform your doctor about any bleeding issues, heart problems (such as heart failure, previous heart attack), Glaucoma (angle-closure type), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney disease, liver disease
- This medicine causes dizziness, sleepiness, and blurred vision. Don't operate machinery, drive, or do anything else that requires attention
- Avoid alcohol as it can exaggerate dizziness and drowsiness
- The medication must be stored at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight
- Keep out of the reach of children
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Venlafaxine suppress appetite?
Venlafaxine can reduce appetite, causing weight loss. Some people might gain weight. Consult your doctor if you gain weight while taking this medicine.
Is it ok to drink alcohol while taking Venlafaxine?
Alcohol can increase Venlafaxine's side effects on the nervous system, such as dizziness, drowsiness, and inability to concentrate. Limit or avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medicine.
What does Venlafaxine do to the brain?
Venlafaxine increases brain levels of Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and dopamine by inhibiting transport proteins and preventing their reuptake at the presynaptic terminal. This activity enhances the availability of transmitters at the synapse and increases the stimulation of postsynaptic receptors.
What drug class is Venlafaxine?
Venlafaxine belongs to a class of medicines known as Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRI).
Is Venlafaxine good for anxiety?
Venlafaxine belongs to a class of antidepressants known as SNRIs. Serotonin and Noradrenaline, mood-enhancing neurotransmitters, increase in the brain through this medication. It is used to treat depression, anxiety, and panic attacks.
Reviews 3 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]