Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
Trajenta is a medicine that is used in the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
It is taken along with a nutritious diet and regular exercise to manage blood sugar levels.
This medicine contains Linagliptin, a member of the Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor class.
It boosts hormone activity, a chemical messenger to lower blood sugar levels.
Boehringer Ingelheim, a famous pharmaceutical company, manufactures Trajenta.
Uses of Trajenta
It is an anti-diabetic medicine used to treat Type 2 Diabetes in people in conjunction with dietary and lifestyle changes.
A chronic medical condition known as Type 2 Diabetes occurs when the body either does not produce a sufficient amount of insulin or the insulin that is produced does not work correctly.
It is a severe medical issue that, if left untreated, can cause additional complications and harm to other organs like the nerves, eyes, and kidneys.
Linagliptin is the active ingredient of this medicine.
It functions by increasing the release of insulin and reducing the release of glucose into the bloodstream.
It may be taken alone or with other medications to reduce blood sugar levels.
How does Trajenta 5 mg work
Linagliptin, a member of the class of medicines known as DPP-4 inhibitors, is present in Trajenta 5 mg.
It works by inhibiting DPP-4, an enzyme that breaks down the hormone Incretin.
When necessary, the enzyme Incretins helps the body manufacture more insulin; otherwise, it lowers the blood sugar level in the liver.
It keeps your body from releasing too much glucose (sugar) into the blood and helps your body produce more insulin after meals.
In doing so, it decreases your body's blood glucose levels.
How to take medicine
- Take this medicine orally, with or without food, as prescribed by your doctor, generally once per day
- To get the most out of this medication, take it daily. Take medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it
- Depending on your health, your doctor will advise you on how frequently to take this medicine
- Drink some water as you take the medicine
- Don't chew or break the medicine
- Do not discontinue this medicine unless instructed to do so by your doctor
- Never take a double dose at once to make up for missed ones
- Inform your physician or contact the local hospital if you think you may have taken too much of the medicine
Various adverse effects are possible with Trajenta. Follow your doctor's advice to avoid these side effects.
Common side effects
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Low blood sugar levels
Rare side effects
- Joint pain
- Unusual skin blisters
- Symptoms of heart failure
- Swelling ankles
- Sudden weight gain
- Fast heartbeat
- Blurred vision
If these side effects pose serious complications, consult your doctor.
Concurrent use of this medication with other medicines may impair their performance or reduce the amount of medication they provide.
Notify your physician or doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- History of Heart failure
- Kidney damage
Patients with a history of alcoholism should use this medicine with caution. Before using it, speak with your doctor.
- If you have any allergies, including to Linagliptin or any other medications, let your doctor or pharmacist know before using Linagliptin
- Discuss with your doctor your medical history before using this medicine, particularly if you have a history of Pancreatitis, Gallstones, or Heart failure
- Avoid operating machinery, operating a car, or engaging in any other activity that necessitates concentration or keen vision if you are unsure that you can do so safely
- To reduce the risk of low blood sugar while taking this medication, try to drink less alcohol
- If you use any medications or supplements, you should let your surgeon know before surgery
- This medicine should only be taken during pregnancy if necessary. Diabetes can develop during pregnancy or get worse. Talk to your doctor
- It is not suggested to use this medicine in kids and teenagers (under 18 years of age). Before using it, speak with your doctor
- The risk of side effects may rise if you take more than the recommended dosage
- Avoid discontinuing it without first consulting your doctor since doing so may increase blood sugar levels. Additionally, it can make other Diabetes-related issues more likely
- To get the best results from the treatment, keep up a healthy diet and exercise frequently
Keep this medicine at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Keep this medication out of children's and animals' reach and sight.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Trajenta work?
Trajenta is a medicine that reduces blood sugar by encouraging your Liver and Pancreas to produce less glucose and more insulin.
What are the side effects of Linagliptin?
The common side effects of Linagliptin are sore throat, cough, weight gain, joint pain, headache, low blood sugar, etc.
How quickly does Trajenta work?
Trajenta containing Linagliptin becomes effective within a few hours. You must take it daily to ensure that your blood sugar is as constant as possible.
When is the best time to take Trajenta?
You can take Trajenta 5mg any time, with or without meals. If you skipped a dose, it should be taken as soon as you remember. On the same day, a double dose shouldn't be taken.
Is Trajenta good for Diabetes?
It is for use in individuals with Type 2 Diabetes. Trajenta is used along with a balanced diet and frequent exercise.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]