Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is T Bact
T Bact cream is an antibiotic used to treat skin infections caused by Staphylococcus Aureus and Streptococcus Pyogenes.
It effectively treats Impetigo (red sores) and secondary skin infections caused by bacteria.
T Bact functions by killing the bacteria or stopping the growth of certain bacteria.
This cream helps your symptoms get better and eliminates the infection from the root.
This prescription-based medicine can only be purchased with a doctor's recommendation.
Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is the leading pharmaceutical company that manufactures T-Bact cream.
T Bact cream uses
T Bact is prescribed for treating Impetigo (Red Sores) and Secondary Bacterial Skin Infections.
Impetigo is a common skin infection that spreads quickly and causes blisters and sores.
Anyone can get Impetigo, a mild infection that can happen anywhere on the body.
It usually happens on exposed skin around the nose, mouth, arms, or legs.
Some signs are red sores that break open and leak clear fluid or pus for a few days.
It is also potent in treating secondary bacterial skin infections, which include Pathogens like Staphylococcus Aureus and Streptococcus Pyogenes.
How does T Bact work
T bact 7.5gm contain an antibiotic, Mupirocin, produced through fermentation of Pseudomonas Fluorescens.
It inhibits Bacterial Protein and RNA synthesis by binding to Bacterial Isoleucyl t-RNA Synthetase. Protein and RNA are essential for the basic functioning of the bacterial cell.
This inhibition kills or prevents the bacteria from growing.
At lower concentrations, Mupirocin stops bacteria from growing. More prolonged exposure kills bacteria, killing 90–99% of susceptible bacteria in 24 hours.
How to use T Bact
The dose, frequency, and duration of treatment with T Bact cream will be determined by your physician after thoroughly evaluating your condition:
- Only apply this medication to the skin. It is meant for external use only
- First, clean and dry the affected area. Then, as your doctor prescribes, apply a small amount of cream to the affected region, often three times daily
- If necessary, place a dressing on the affected area
- Utilize this medication routinely to obtain the maximum benefit
- Even if the condition improves after a few days, continue to use it for the full duration indicated. The infection could return if the medicine is discontinued prematurely
- Unless specifically advised by your doctor, avoid taking this medication around your eyes, nose, and mouth, as well as on large areas of damaged or broken skin
- If you get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth by accident, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water
Side effects of T Bact
T bact 7.5gm may cause specific unwanted side effects. Follow your doctor's instructions to prevent these effects.
- Stinging sensation
- Burning sensation
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Contact dermatitis
- Cracked, dry, scaly skin
These temporary effects are uncommon and require minimal medical attention. If they cause you any worry, consult a physician immediately.
T Bact cream is mainly for topical use. There is less chance that it will interact with other medications or diseases. However, you should inform your physician if you are taking other medications, herbal treatments, or dietary supplements to treat any health concerns.
Precautions before using T Bact
- Avoid its use if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Mupirocin
- Consult your doctor if your skin infection does not improve within three to five days or if it worsens
- It is not effective against viral and fungal infections and does not apply to areas of burned skin or open wounds
- See your doctor if you have severe skin itching, rashes, burning, stinging, redness, swelling, or irritation
- Before nursing, nursing moms who have applied T-Bact Cream to their breasts or nipple should thoroughly cleanse the affected region
- This medication may induce diarrhea, which may be severe in certain situations. Consult your doctor if you have any questions or if mild diarrhea persists or worsens
Keep the T bact cream at room temperature, out of direct heat, moisture, and light.
Keep out of children's reach.
Do not keep out-of-date or unnecessary medications.
Ask your healthcare provider how you should dispose of unused medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is T BACT used for?
T Bact 7.5gm is an innovative topical antibiotic used to treat Impetigo caused by Staphylococcus Aureus and Streptococcus Pyogenes bacteria. A bacterial infection is a disease in which bacteria multiply and cause illness. It can target any part of the body and multiply rapidly.
Is T Bact good for pimples?
You may use T Bact cream for pimples if prescribed by a physician. Do not take this medication for skin conditions other than those for which it is recommended.
Is T BACT used for itching?
T Bact 7.5gm prevents infection by interfering with the growth of bacterial cells. It aids in alleviating symptoms linked with skin infections, such as rashes, swelling, redness, discomfort, pus, and itching.
How quickly does T Bact 7.5gm work?
T-Bact cream becomes effective immediately after application. Because it is a topical antibiotic, the full effect of the infection could be observed after a few days. Therefore, it is recommended to continue using it regularly as prescribed by your doctor, even if your symptoms have improved.
How do I apply for T Bact cream?
Apply T Bact to the affected region of the skin. Your physician will advise you on the dosage and application regimen. For its effectiveness, apply it daily. Do not apply it more frequently or for a longer period than suggested.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com