and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Omesec 20 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
Omesec is a medicine that decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
The primary ingredient of Omesec 20 is Omeprazole.
It belongs to the "Proton Pump Inhibitor" class of medicines.
It prevents the stomach lining's cells from creating too much acid.
This helps the healing process where harm has already been done and stops ulcers from forming.
The manufacturer of Omesec 20 mg is Ranbaxy.
Uses of Omesec 20
Omesec treats acid-related stomach and intestinal illnesses such as Heartburn, Acid reflux, and Peptic ulcer disease.
It is also used to avoid stomach ulcers and acidity, which can occur with long-term painkiller use.
Omeprazole is the active ingredient of this medicine.
It is a member of the Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) class of medicines.
It helps treat Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (overproduction of acid due to the pancreatic tumor), Ulcers, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
How does Omesec 20 mg work
Omeprazole in Omesec works by inhibiting an enzyme called H+/K+ ATPase or the gastric proton pump to assist in lower stomach acid.
This Proton pump, located in the stomach wall cells, is in charge of releasing gastric acid secretion.
Omeprazole inhibits acid secretion by binding to this Proton pump in stomach cells.
As a result, it is used when the acidity level is too high.
It reduces the symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Heartburn, and inflammation of the lining of the food pipe (Esophagitis).
How to take medicine
- Take this medication in the duration and dosage prescribed by your doctor
- You should take Omesec 20 on an empty stomach
- Do not crush, break, or chew it; instead, swallow it whole with water
- Don't increase the dose or take this medication more frequently than prescribed
- Skip the missing dose if your next dose is soon after, then resume your regular schedule. Never increase the dosage to make up for a missed dose
- It is essential to finish the complete course of medicine as your doctor suggests
- The side effects of an overdose can vary. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any side effects or take an excessive medication dosage.
Side effects of Omesec 20 mg
The following side effects may occur in some persons, but you can prevent them by adhering to your doctor's recommendations:
Common side effects
- Shoulder pain
- Arm pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
Rare side effects
- Low magnesium blood level
- Irregular heartbeat
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
You tell your doctor if you experience severe issues with these side effects.
Each person reacts differently to a given medicine. Always confirm with your doctor first to ensure there won't be any adverse drug interactions.
If you are using any of the following medications, please consult your doctor:
- Liver disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Discuss with your doctor if you have liver disease, stomach or intestinal cancer, an allergy to Omesec 20, or if you will soon undergo an endoscopy
- A few weeks before your endoscopy, inquire with your doctor if you should stop taking Omesec as it may conceal some issues that would be detected during an endoscopy
- This medicine may cause you to feel drowsy and lightheaded. If you're not feeling well, don't drive
- Alcohol consumption while taking this medicine has no impact on how well it works. However, limit your alcohol intake as it is known to raise acidity and aggravate stomach conditions
- Don't take it if you are allergic to Omeprazole or any of the other components of this medicine
- Omesec should be taken precisely as prescribed by your doctor
- While using this medicine, avoid spicy and fatty foods and alcohol, and limit caffeinated drinks or beverages such as coffee, tea, and cola
- Consume a nutritious, balanced diet. Try always to finish dinner three hours before going to bed
- Some symptoms could be warning indications for a more severe ailment. Immediately seek medical assistance if you have: sweat, lightheadedness, shoulder pain, and heartburn
- Before undergoing surgery, you should inform your doctor or dentist of all the medications you consume
It should be kept dry and clean, away from moisture, sunshine, and heat, and at or below 30°C.
Keep children and pets away from the medicine.
Never dump leftover medicine down the drain or flush it down the toilet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Omesec 20 used for?
Omesec is a medicine that lessens the quantity of acid your stomach produces. It treats acid reflux, heartburn, and Peptic ulcer disease are all conditions of the stomach and intestine.
How do you take Omesec?
Always follow your doctor's instructions while taking this medicine. It would be best if you took it before a meal, ideally in the morning.
What happens if you take Omeprazole every day?
A Proton pump inhibitor medicine, such as Omeprazole, may raise the risk of bone fractures in people who take many doses daily for a year or more. Your hip, wrist, or spine may be more susceptible to these fractures of the bone. Consult your doctor about your potential for developing a bone fracture.
What foods should I avoid when taking Omeprazole?
Foods that are greasy or fatty, such as pizza, deep-fried chicken, and french fries, slow down digestion and frequently cause heartburn, nausea, and indigestion. Additionally, several spices, chocolate, coffee, peppermint, onions, and garlic might exacerbate gastrointestinal discomfort.
Reviews 1 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]