Lashgrow 3 ml
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About brand name of the drug
Lashgrow 3 ml is a brand of allopathic eye medication. It is manufactured by a Delhi based indian pharmaceutical company called Radicon Pharma. It is available in the form of medicated liquid in bottles with nozzle caps. It is used for the treatment of various eye related or ophthalmic conditions like glaucoma, high eye pressure, hypotrichosis of eyelashes. Glaucoma is the condition of the eye when the pressure in the eye rises which can lead to loss of peripheral vision if not treated. Hypotrichosis of eye is the condition when there is less or sparse amount of eyelashes present thus are unable to provide sufficient protection to the eyes. Lashgrow is one of the common and most recommended drug to treat such eye related disorders.
About the drug
The main composition of Lashgrow 3 ml having therapeutic property is Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution. Lashgrow is available in variable strengths of 3 ml and 5 ml.The drug is easily available in all the medical stores, drug and chemist stores. It can also be purchased online on various e-pharmacies.
There are few brands available in the USA market which are equivalent to Lashgrow 3 ml :
- Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution
About salt of the drug
Bimatoprost is the main composition of Lashgrow 3 ml. Lashgrow contains bimatoprost active salt in the concentration of 0.03% .Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analog which is known to reduce the pressure in the ocular region of the eye. It is also helpful in increasing the amount of hair on the eyelashes. It also helps in duration of growth phase of the eyelashes. Lashgrow 3 ml is used to treat eye related medical disorders like :
- Hypotrichosis of eyelashes
- High or increased eye pressure
Medical uses of the drug
The opthalmic solution of Lashgrow 3 ml is used to treat various ophthalmic medical conditions like :
- Hypotrichosis of eyelashes
- High or increased eye pressure
Working of the drug
Lashgrow 3 ml is a medicated ophthalmic drug.The main mode of its action is decreasing the increased pressure inside the eyes. It increases the outflow of the aqueous humor from the eyes. Aqueous humor is a clear liquid that is present in the frontal cavity of the eyeball , between the lens and the cornea. Increasing the outflow of this fluid decreases the ocular pressure in the eye providing relief to patients suffering from glaucoma. Lashgrow 3 ml also helps in increasing the amount and duration of growth of the eyelashes. A good amount of healthy eyelashes provide protection to the eyes from infection , dust and particle matters.
The drug generally does not show any marked or severe side effects. However, it may differ from person to person depending on the sensitivity and condition of their eyes. The common side effects that can be observed during the medication may be as follows:
- Allergic reactions like rashes, itching, hives or feeling of tightness in the chest
- Slight changes in eye vision or eyesight
- Pain or irritation in the eye
- Discharge of fluid from the eyes
- Change in eye color may be observed
If any of the symptoms are noticed especially if there is change in colour of the eye, immediately consult a physician
How to use
Lashgrow 3 ml must be taken only after consultation with a registered medical practitioner or a physician. The instructions that are given by the doctor must be followed. While taking the drug some instructions should be kept in consideration like:
- It should be applied one drop regularly in the evening for glaucoma patients
- Avoid applying more than one drop at a time or once in a day
- Increase or decrease the dose only if suggested by the doctor
- After application of the solution, keep the eyes closed for some time
- For people suffering from hypotrichosis of eyelashes it is applied using an applicator
- One drop of the solution is taken on thee applicator and is applied evenly on the eyelashes
- It should be applied evenly on the base of both the upper and lower eyelashes daily during bed time
- This ophthalmic solution should be taken at a fixed time regularly
- It should be taken only as long as it has been prescribed by the physician
Drugs known to interact with this medicine
Drug interactions are very common when two or more drugs are taken together. They can be harmful as they can interfere with the therapeutic effect of the drug.Some potent drugs that can cause interaction with Lashgrow are –
- Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs
When to avoid taking the drug
The use of Lashgrow 3 ml should be avoided in patients who have the following complications :
- If they are allergic to Bimatoprost
- If they are allergic to any other ophthalmic drugs
- If they are hypersensitive to prostaglandin or their analogs
- If they are allergic to any excipient present in the ophthalmic solution
Things to avoid when taking the drug
While undergoing the therapy with Lashgrow 3 ml a few things should be avoided to prevent complications :
- Eye cosmetics : During the use of lashgrow 3 ml, application of eye cosmetics should be avoided as it can aggravate the condition
- Herbal products : Use of herbal products should be avoided to prevent possible side effects of the drug
General information and precaution of using the drug
- The drug should be used only after it has been recommended by the doctor for treatment of the underlying eye condition
- Avoid sharing the drug with any other person
- The dose regimen should be followed as prescribed by the doctor
- Do not take more than one drop at a time to avoid irritation
- The timing of the dose should be maintained regularly
- One should wash their hands before and after using the drug
- The tip of the container should not be touche in order to avoid contamination
- The cap of the container should be replaced securely and tightly after each use
- Keep the medicine away from the possible reach of the children and pets
- Driving or using machinery – It is advisable not to perform any task that needs your eyesight to be clear like driving or handling any machine as it can cause irritation in the eye
- Eye cosmetic : The use of eye cosmetics should be avoided as the chemicals in it can lead to worsening of the existing infection
- Herbal supplements : Consumption of herbal supplements should be avoided in order to let the drug function properly
- Alcohol : No results of interaction with alcohol has been found for Lashgrow but it is advisable to consult doctor before it’s consumption
- Infection in the eye : this drug should not be taken if there is any kind of infection in the eye as it is used for the treatment of certain ophthalmic conditions only
- Overdosing : Application of more those than prescribed should be avoided as it can cause a condition called conjunctival hyperemia in which inflammation of conjunctiva takes place
- Lashgrow 3 ml should be stored at cool and dry place
- It should be protected from direct heat and sunlight.
- It should be kept in a dry place to avoid direct contact with moisture
- Do not freeze the drug unless asked to do so.
- Keep at a height so the children cannot reach to the drug
- Keep the medicine out of reach of pets
- Avoid touching the tip of the container as it can contaminate the drug
- After each use the cap should be replaced properly
General FAQs regarding the drug
How long does it take to show the effect of Lashgrow 3 ml ?
Ans. It generally takes at least 4 weeks for lashgrow to show its beneficial effect
Is there any effect of Lashgrow on the skin of the eyelids?
Ans. The regular use of Lashgrow can cause the eyelids to become darker in colour but they are reversible in nature and can easily be treated
Is it safe to use lashgrow ?
Ans. Yes, Lashgrow is dermatologically and clinically tested and it totally safe for use.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]