and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Hostacycline 250 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About Hostacycline 250 mg
Hostacycline 250 mg is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections in the body.
It can help with infection in the lungs, intestines, skin, lymph nodes, genitalia, Urinary Tract, reproductive organs, etc.
Hostacycline 250 mg contains an active ingredient called Tetracycline.
It inhibits the growth of bacteria, which helps your symptoms get better and eliminates the infection.
Sanofi is the manufacturer of the various strengths of Hostacycline.
Uses of Hostacycline 250 mg
Hostacycline 250 is used to treat infections caused by bacteria in your body.
It works for the lungs, Urinary Tract, eyes, and other infections.
It is also used to treat Cholera. It helps treat acne when used with other medicines.
Hostacycline is also used to treat various sexually transmitted diseases.
How does Hostacycline 250 work
This medicine belongs to a group called Tetracyclines.
It works by preventing bacteria from growing by stopping them from making proteins.
It attacks the Ribosomal machinery of bacteria, which is responsible for putting together proteins from amino acids.
This prevents the disease from spreading further and eliminates the infection.
Hostacycline 250 usually works soon after you take it.
But it could take a few days to get rid of all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
How to take medicine
- Follow your doctor's advice regarding the dosage and duration of this medicine
- Hostacycline should be taken when the stomach is empty
- Take medicine as prescribed with a glass of water
- Don't take two doses to make up for the one you forgot
- If you overdose on this medicine, call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital right away
- It's recommended to take your medication at times your doctor prescribed for maximum efficacy
There are two strengths of Hostacycline, which include:
Side effects of Hostacycline 250 mg
Some side effects can happen while taking Hostacycline, though not everyone gets them. These effects can be avoided if you follow the instructions of your doctor.
Here is the list of the side effects:
- Rectal discomfort
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Painful swallowing
- Mouth sore
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
The side effects are common and may disappear in a day or two. If you continue to have problems, you should consult a doctor.
Hostacycline 250 and other medications you take could affect each other.
Here are the following medicines that can impact the effectiveness of Hostacycline:
- Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Flucloxacillin, or Phenoxymethylpenicillin: for bacterial infections
- Vitamin A
- Retinoids, Tretinoin, or Adapalene: for eczema, acne, or other skin conditions
- Warfarin or Phenindione
- Furosemide or Spironolactone: to increase urine production
- Kaolin-pectin or Bismuth subsalicylate: used to control Diarrhea
- Gliclazide, Tolbutamide, Insulin: used to treat Diabetes
- Atovaquone: used to treat Pneumonia
- Sucralfate: used to treat Ulcer
- Digoxin: for an uneven heartbeat or heart failure
- Methotrexate: for Arthritis
- Colestipol or Cholestyramine: used to treat high Cholesterol
Each person reacts differently to medicines. Talk to your doctor about possible medical interactions before starting any new treatment.
People with gastrointestinal diseases, especially Colitis, should be cautious when taking this medicine because it could make their condition worse. Tell the doctor immediately if you have severe Diarrhea, abdominal pain, blood in your stools, etc. Depending on your health, the dose may need to be changed, or the drug may need to be replaced with something else.
People with kidney disease should be cautious while taking this medicine, as it can impact their health. Ask your doctor first before taking this medication.
People with liver problems should cautiously use this medicine because they are more likely to have side effects. You should inform your doctor about this so that he can make the necessary changes in your dose or give you some alternatives.
You should not take this medicine with iron or calcium supplements because they may make the medication less effective and more challenging for your body to absorb.
To avoid interaction, wait at least 3 to 4 hours between these preparations and this medicine.
- It might make you feel dizzy or blur your vision, so don't drive or use heavy machinery while taking it
- It could cause side effects like stomach pain, cramps, or bloody stools. If this happens, talk to your doctor
- As prescribed by your doctor, you should take it regularly and at regular intervals
- The dosage will depend on your condition, but you should always complete the course of antibiotics your doctor gives you
- This medicine shouldn't be given to kids younger than eight years old unless their doctor says so
- If you are unsure about a bacterial infection, you shouldn't use this medicine. It may also make it more likely that bacteria will grow that can't be killed by the medicine
- This medicine might make you more likely to get a sunburn reaction. It is recommended that you stay out of the sun while taking this medicine
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Tetracycline or any of the other ingredients in this medication
- It's important to tell your doctor about any other medications you're taking, as they could have an effect on Hostacycline or be affected by it
Keep Hostacycline 250 in a room temperature place.
Store this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tetracycline an antibiotic?
Yes, Tetracycline is used to treat various types of infections, including acne. It is an antibiotic that stops bacteria from growing. This antibiotic only works on infections caused by bacteria.
What bacteria does Tetracycline treat?
Tetracyclines are a class of antibiotics known as "broad-spectrum agents" because they are effective against a wide variety of microorganisms, including both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as atypical organisms like chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, rickettsiae, and protozoan parasites.
What are the major side effects of Tetracyclines?
Common side effects of Tetracycline are nausea, Diarrhea, vomiting, upset stomach, loss of appetite, swollen tongue, etc.
When should I take Tetracycline?
Tetracycline comes in a pill form that you swallow. Tetracycline should be taken at least an hour or two after a meal or snack when the stomach is empty. With each dose of Tetracycline, you should drink a full glass of water. Further, you should consult your doctor for better information.