Doxacard 4 mg
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
Julian, an MBA in Pharmaceutical Management, brings a dynamic blend of expertise and impact with his contributions at Goodrxmedicine. His dedication and innovative spirit continue to shape a brighter future in pharmaceutical management.
About Doxacard 4 mg
Doxacard tablet belongs to the category of medicines known as Alpha-Blockers.
It is antihypertensive medicine used to treat Hypertension and reduce the risk of a Heart attack or stroke.
It is also used to treat men with minor Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia).
Doxacard 4 mg is a prescription-only medication that can only be purchased with a doctor's prescription.
Cipla Ltd. is a leading Pharmaceutical brand that manufactures Doxacrd 4mg.
What is Doxacard 4 mg used for
Doxacrd 4 mg is potent in treating Hypertension and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Hypertension is when blood pressure is too high, and the force exerted by the blood against the arterial walls is consistently high.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
This medication is used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Prostate enlargement) to relax the smooth muscles and reduce the symptoms of painful and frequent urination.
Working of Doxacard 4 mg
Doxazosin is the main salt of Doxacard, a member of the class of medicines known as Alpha- Blockers.
This medicine relaxes blood arteries so that blood passes through them more easily. It helps to lower blood pressure.
Blood circulation through the heart will be eased, decreasing the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Doxazosin also treats the symptoms of an enlarged prostate in men (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, also known as BPH). It does not reduce the size of the Prostate. Instead, it works by relaxing the muscles in the Prostate and parts of the bladder.
This aids in alleviating BPH symptoms such as trouble initiating urine flow, a weak stream, and the urge to urinate frequently or urgently.
How to take Doxacard 4 mg
- As your doctor instructs, take this medication orally with or without food, generally once daily
- Swallow it as a whole. Avoid chewing, crushing, or breaking it
- It is advisable to take your first dosage of Doxacrad 4mg at bedtime unless your doctor instructs you differently
- Your doctor will suggest you start on a low dose of this medicine and gradually raise it
- Unless otherwise recommended, take your initial dosage at bedtime whenever your dose increases or when you resume treatment after stopping it. Carefully adhere to your doctor's directions
Doxacard is available in various strengths other than Doxacard 4mg:
Side effects of Doxacard 4 mg
If you take Doxacard 4mg as prescribed, you may not experience side effects.
However, its prohibition may lead to complications such as
- Blurred vision
- Blood in urine
- Swelling of ankles or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Fast and pounding heartbeat
Remember that your doctor recommended this medication because they believe it will benefit you more than harm you. Many users report no significant side effects.
Interactions may decrease the effectiveness of your drugs or increase the risk of adverse effects. Discuss all potential drug interactions with your physician.
You must inform your doctor about your complete medical history to avoid any interaction.
- Sodium oxybate
Report all of your disorders to your doctor to prevent medicine-disease interactions. The presence of these medical problems may affect the use of Doxacard
- Liver disease
- Prostate cancer
- Kidney disease
- Heart problems
- Gastrointestinal (stomach and intestines) blockage
Precautions before using Doxacard 4 mg:
- One must take some caution when taking Doxacard
- This medicine can cause dizziness. Avoid operating machinery, driving, or doing anything else that requires alertness. Limit alcohol consumption.
- The elderly may be more exposed to the side effects of this medication, particularly dizziness upon rising from a seated or lying posture. These adverse effects may increase the likelihood of falling
- Priapism, a prolonged and painful erection of the penis, is an uncommon adverse effect of Doxazosin that requires prompt medical attention if it occurs
- It causes dizziness and lightheadedness, so use special caution during exercise, hot weather, and standing for long
- Store Doxacard at room temperature in a dry, hygienic, and dark place
- Before purchasing, one should check the contents to ensure they have not been tampered with or scratched
- Keep it at a place away from children and pets
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Doxazosin 4 mg used for?
Doxazosin 4mg tab belongs to the category of medications known as Antihypertensives. It treats Hypertension (high blood pressure). High blood pressure increases the Heart and artery workload.
Is it Ok to miss one day of Blood Pressure medicine?
In most cases, missing a single dose of blood pressure medication is not advisable. Sticking to the prescribed dosage of your blood pressure medication is crucial, as regular dosing can help lower blood pressure. It reduces your risk of heart-related problems associated with high blood pressure.
Why do you take Doxazosin 4 mg at night?
After taking Doxacard 4, you may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, or sudden fainting, especially when rising from a lying or sitting position. These side effects mostly occur with the initial dose of this medication. Taking the initial dose before bedtime may prevent complications.
Do Blood Pressure tablets work immediately?
Doxacard 4 helps in the reduction of blood pressure, typically within days. Medication can help manage high blood pressure while a person makes lifestyle changes that may be the underlying cause of high blood pressure.
Which fruits interfere with high Blood Pressure medication?
People taking high blood pressure medications should limit their consumption of Potassium-rich foods such as bananas, oranges, avocados, sweet potatoes, and dried fruits, particularly apricots.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]