Cipril H 5 + 12.5 mg
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
What is Cipril-H
Cipril is a medication for treating Hypertension (High Blood Pressure).
This medicine combines two ingredients: Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5MG) + Lisinopril (5MG).
It reduces the likelihood of Heart attacks, strokes, or kidney failure.
This is an FDA-approved prescription-based medication.
Cipla Ltd. is a renowned pharmaceutical company that manufactures Cipril H - 5 + 12.5 mg.
Uses of Cipril
Cipril medication is prescribed to treat Hypertension (High Blood Pressure).
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Hypertension is the condition of the body when the blood pressure is above normal levels.
High Blood Pressure harms the brain, heart, and kidney blood vessels.
The force exerted by the blood against the arterial walls is consistently too high. The heart has to put more effort into pumping blood.
It increases the heart and arteries' workload.
If it is left untreated, the heart and arteries may stop functioning correctly.
Hypertension can increase the risk of heart attacks, strokes, or kidney failure.
How does Cipril-H work
Cirpil combines two medicines: Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril.
Lisinopril is an inhibitor of ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme).
It functions by inhibiting a chemical in the body that tightens blood vessels.
This inhibition relaxes the blood vessels to ease the flow of blood through them.
Lisinopril reduces blood pressure and boosts the heart's blood and oxygen supply.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a Thiazide Diuretic (water pill).
It functions by increasing urination, which helps the body to get rid of excess salt and water.
This process helps in lowering blood pressure.
These two ingredients together make the Cipril medication effective in treating High Blood Pressure.
How to take Cipril
- Completely swallow the tablet. Not to be broken, crushed, or chewed. This medication may be taken with or without food
- To treat Hypertension, your doctor may include weight control and dietary modifications, particularly a reduction in sodium intake (salt) along with this medicine
- Even if you feel Ok, you must take your medication exactly as prescribed and attend all of your doctor's appointments
- Remember that this medication will not cure your Hypertension, but it will help you regulate it. Therefore, you must continue taking it as prescribed if you hope to reduce your blood pressure and maintain that reduction
- You may need to take medication for High Blood Pressure regularly. High Blood Pressure can lead to major complications such as heart failure, stroke, and kidney disease if left untreated.
Cipril is an effective and safe medicine.
However, some patients may experience the following side effects.
- High potassium blood level ( e.g., Muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat)
- Kidney problems
- Decrease in vision
- Eye pain
- Extreme thirst
- Dry mouth
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Breathing difficulties
These effects are temporary. However, Visit your doctor immediately if any side effects cause you concern.
Interactions may alter the effectiveness of the medication. Discuss any possible interactions with your healthcare provider.
Cipril medication is known to interact with several medications occasionally, including:
Cipril H - 5 + 12.5 mg may interact with conditions such as
- Thyroid function
- Bone Marrow suppression
- Electrolyte losses
- Liver disease
- Renal function disorders
- Lupus Erythematosus
Adhere to specific contraindications before using this medication:
- Do not use it if you are pregnant. Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you become pregnant
- If you have ever experienced Angioedema, are unable to urinate, or are allergic to sulfa medicines or any ACE inhibitor, you should not use this medication
- Do not use Cipril within 36 hours of taking a medication containing Sacubitril (such as Entresto)
- Elderly patients may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medication, particularly dizziness and potassium level rises
- This medication may produce a life-threatening allergic reaction, including Anaphylaxis, which requires immediate medical assistance
- If you experience severe Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhoea, consult your doctor immediately. These diseases may result in excessive water, or salt loss
- You can lose water through sweat, so drink plenty of water when exercising or in hot weather
- This medication may impact glucose levels. Consult your doctor if you observe a change in your blood or urine sugar tests
- Consult your physician if you are experiencing a fever, chills, or sore throat. These could be signs of an infection caused by a deficiency of white blood cells
- It is possible to develop Hyperkalemia (high potassium levels in the blood) while using this medication. Consult your doctor immediately
- This medicine may raise your likelihood of developing skin cancer (e.g., non-melanoma skin cancer). Avoid sun exposure. Use sunscreen when outside
- This medicine must be kept in a dry, dark location away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of children's reach
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you just stop taking Blood Pressure medicine?
You should not abruptly stop taking your blood pressure medications without consulting your doctor. It can lead to potential side effects.
How does Lisinopril work to lower blood pressure?
Lisinopril is a type of ACE inhibitor. It causes blood vessel dilation and relaxation. This reduces blood pressure and makes it easier for the heart to pump blood throughout the body.
Can Cipril affect your blood sugar levels?
Cipril medication contains Hydrochlorothiazide, which may affect your blood sugar if you have diabetes. Regularly monitor your blood sugar. Your physician may need to adjust your diabetes medication, diet, or exercise schedule.
Can Cipril increase Potassium levels in the body?
Cipril contains Lisinopril, which tends to increase potassium levels in the body. Consult your doctor before taking any potassium supplements.
How long does it take for Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 to lower blood pressure?
Hydrochlorothiazide begins working within 2 hours and reaches its maximum effect within 4 hours. Hydrochlorothiazide's diuretic and blood pressure-lowering effects may last between six and twelve hours.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]