Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Urimax 0.4
Urimax 0.4 is an alpha-adrenoceptor antagonist used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).
It aids in the relief of symptoms such as difficulty in passing urine.
However, it does not decrease the Prostate size.
The primary ingredient of Urimax is Tamsulosin, a member of the class of drugs known as alpha-blockers.
It helps treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms, including difficult urination, urine dribbling, a strong need to urinate, and frequent urination day and night.
The renowned pharmaceutical manufacturer Cipla Ltd. manufactures Urimax.
Uses of Urimax 0.4 mg
Urimax 0.4 is used to treat Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH, also called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia).
Men who produce too much of the hormone "Dihydrotestosterone" develop Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or an enlarged prostate gland, a non-cancerous prostate gland enlargement.
Expanding the gland can cause urinary issues like frequent urination and difficulty passing urine.
It is a common disorder in older men characterized by prostate gland enlargement.
It assists in alleviating these symptoms.
The active ingredient of this medication is Tamsulosin.
It improves urine flow and reduces BPH symptoms by relaxing the prostate gland muscles and the urinary bladder neck where the obstruction is.
How does Urimax work
Urimax includes Tamsulosin, a medicine that belongs to the alpha-blocker class.
It relaxes the muscles surrounding the prostate gland and bladder exit, making it easier to evacuate pee.
This assists in thoroughly emptying the bladder and lessens the need for frequent or urgent urination in BPH.
This enables adequate urine flow and aids in appropriate urination.
It helps treat the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), including difficult urination, urine dribbling, a strong need to urinate, and frequent urination.
How to take Urimax 0.4
- It is advised to take Urimax 0.4 for the recommended dosage and time frame
- The medication should be swallowed whole without being crushed or chewed
- It should be taken after food and at the same time every day
- Without consulting your doctor, you shouldn't stop taking the medication because doing so could make your symptoms worse
- Ignore your missed dose and continue with the regular schedule. Don't increase the dosage
- Consult a physician instantly if you suspect you've taken too much medication
Side effects of Urimax 0.4 mg
There are some frequent adverse effects that this medication may have, including:
Common side effects
Rare side effects
- Skin rash
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Contact your physician or doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or get worse.
Other medicines you are taking may interact with Urimax. If you use any of the following remedies, let your doctor know:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
Alcohol use is not advised during Urimax 0.4 treatment due to the increased risk of severe side effects.
These adverse effects can include headaches, lightheadedness, and dizziness.
- People who have liver or renal problems, low blood pressure, a history of prostate cancer, an allergy to Tamsulosin, or low blood pressure, in general, should use Urimax with caution
- This medicine should be taken 30 minutes after a meal for the best results
- Use a condom during sexual intercourse with your partner since Urimax 0.4 mg travels through semen and affects the fetus (unborn child) and pregnant women
- Tell your doctor or physician if you have ever experienced heart issues or want to undergo cataract surgery
- It is crucial to consult your physician/doctor before using Urimax 0.4 if you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
- Penile erection issues, ejaculatory issues, and penis pain can occasionally happen. So, if these symptoms persist for a long time, call your doctor immediately
- Urimax is prescribed for usage in men and not in women
- Driving should be avoided if you feel sick or unable to be awake after taking Urimax because it may cause tiredness, blurred vision, dizziness, and fainting
- Urimax 0.4 can cause drowsiness; therefore, if you drink alcohol, it's best to hold off
- This medicine should only be taken during pregnancy if necessary. Ask your doctor about all the risks and advantages
- If you are allergic to Tamsulosin or have any other allergies, please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication
- Before using Urimax, be sure to discuss any medical history you may have, especially of: low blood pressure, specific visual problems (Cataracts, Glaucoma)
Store this medication away from moisture, direct sunlight, and heat in a dry, clean area at or below 30°C.
Keep children and pets away from it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the side effect of Urimax?
Urimax's most common side effects are low blood pressure (Hypotension), dizziness, drowsiness, decreased sex drive, inability to get an erection (Impotence), tenderness or enlargement of the breasts (in men), trouble sleeping, a runny nose, or ejaculatory problems.
What is Urimax 0.4 used for?
Urimax can treat symptoms like uncomfortable urination or difficulty peeing in men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). The medicine treats pelvic pain, chronic prostatitis, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, and enlarged prostate.
What's the best time to take Urimax?
The medicine can be taken after breakfast or right after your morning meal. However, some medical professionals advise taking it at night after dinner. You should take it about 30 minutes daily after the same meal.
Does Urimax reduce prostate size?
Urimax does not affect the size of the prostate. It is an alpha-adrenergic antagonist used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It helps to alleviate symptoms like urine incontinence.
How long does Tamsulosin take to work?
The full effect of Tamsulosin on urine flow may take up to five days of regular dosing.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]