and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Montair 10 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About brand name of the drug
Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) is manufactured by an Indian based renowned company Cipla Limited. It is available in the form of tablets as an oral dosage form. This medicine is mainly used for the treatment of asthma, seasonal- allergies and their associated symptoms like swelling, itching, redness etc. This medicine is widely used throughout the world for effective management of asthma and allergic diseases.
About the drug
Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) consists of Montelukast as its main active pharmaceutical ingredient. This medicine is available in various strengths like 4 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg. This medicine is packaged into blister packaging containing 10 tablets per strip. This medicine is easily available at medical shops, online pharmacies and hospitals etc.
Some other brands equivalent to Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) in the USA are:
About salt of the drug
Montelukast is a drug belongs to Leukotriene antagonists class of Antiasthma Agents. It binds selectively to specific cysteinyl leukotriene receptors present within the airway cells of lungs, smooth muscle cells etc. in the body responsible for release of LTC4, D4 AND E4 types of leukotrienes released during inflammation processes and prevents the release of these leukotrienes resulting into prevention of inflammation processes within the lungs and provides effective relief in Asthma and other types of allergies.
Medical Uses of the drug
Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) is mainly used for the effective treatment of inflammatory diseases like asthma, seasonal allergies etc. Medical conditions for which Montair is widely used are described as follows:
- Asthma (It is an inflammatory disease that occurs because of narrowing of the airways of the lungs resulting into difficulty in breathing, swelling and other symptoms)
- Allergic Rhinitis (It is an inflammation condition that takes place into nose caused by an allergen (allergy causing agents) resulting into swelling, redness, runny nose and other symptoms)
- Bronchitis (It is an inflammation that occurs within bronchi resulting into blockage of the airways, difficulty in breathing and other associated symptoms)
Working of a drug
Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast sodium) consists of Montelukast as its main active pharmaceutical ingredient belongs to Leukotriene antagonists class of Antiasthma Agents. It binds specifically to the Cysteinyl Leukotriene receptors present within the airway cells of lungs, smooth muscular cells etc. in the body and responsible for the release of LTC4, D4, E4 (chemicals released during inflammation) during inflammation process and prevents the release of these inflammatory chemicals resulting into prevention of inflammation within the airways of the lungs and provides anti-inflammatory effect. In this way, Montair provides effective relief from inflammatory diseases like Asthma, seasonal allergies and their associated symptoms.
Though Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) does not cause any severe side effects if it is taken at a normal dose but sometimes it results into common side effects described as follows:
- Stomach Pain
- Chest tightness
- Joint pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blurring of vision
- Churg-Strauss syndrome (inflammation of blood vessels resulting into blockage of blood flow to vital organs)
- Pain in the ears
Kindly consult your doctor in case of appearance of the above-mentioned symptoms without any delay.
How to use
Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) is a medicine which is meant to be taken in the same way as per directed by the doctor and follow all the instructions mentioned as below:
- Recommended dose is 10 mg once a day for adults and 5 mg once a day for children more than 12 years old as per directed by the doctor.
- Take medicine with or without food as per directed by the doctor.
- Swallow tablet as a whole with water.
- Do not crush, break and chew the tablet.
- Do not take medicine in overdose than the recommended dose as per directed by the doctor.
- Take the medicine at the usual fixed time in case of missed dose.
- Do not stop taking medicine without the consent of the doctor.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
When two or more drugs are administered together simultaneously at the same time it leads to Drug interaction. Medicine which show drug interaction with Montair are mentioned as below:
- Anti-epilepsy Agents: Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Antibiotics: Rifampicin
- Antifungal Agents: Rifampicin
- Non-steroidal Anti- inflammatory Drugs: Aspirin
- Previous history of allergic reactions after taking this medicine in patients
When to avoid taking the drug
This medicine is not advised for use in case of following medical conditions mentioned as below:
- Liver disorders: Hepatitis etc.
- Kidney disorders
- Metabolic disorders: Phenylketonuria (A condition that is characterized by the decreased metabolism of phenylalanine, an amino acid present within the body)
- CNS Diseases: Anxiety etc.
- Patients having previous history of allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
Things to avoid when using the drug
Avoid the use of following things with Montair 10 mg tablets (Montelukast Sodium) mentioned as follows:
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages along with this drug as it may result into drowsiness, blurred vision, headache, excessive sleepiness etc.
- Before buying this medicine, please check the expiry date mentioned on the pack size.
General Information and Precautions
- Keep this medicine far away from small children and pets.
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children less than 1 year old.
- Do not take an overdose of the medicine than the recommended dose by the doctor.
- Take medicine at the same fixed time in case of missed dose.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without the consent of the doctor.
- Take the drug with or without food as per directed by the doctor.
- Alcohol- Montair is not advised for use with alcoholic beverages as it may result in headache, dizziness, excessive sleepiness, blurred vision etc.
- Pregnancy- This medicine is not advised for use in pregnant women as it may cause risk to fetus’s life as per the available clinical data studies done on animals and humans.
- Driving- This medicine is not meant to be used while driving or doing any heavy machinery work as it may result into sleepiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision etc.
- Medical conditions- This medicine is not meant to be used in case of medical conditions like Liver and Kidney diseases, CNS disorders (Anxiety), metabolic diseases (Phenylketonuria) and patients having previous history of allergic reactions after taking this drug.
- Organs- Organs like liver, brain, kidneys are mainly affected as it may cause kidney and liver function impairment, mental confusion etc.
- Lactation- This medicine is not meant to be used in lactating women as it gets ejected out into milk which is dangerous for infant’s life.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Store the medicine at a temperature range in between 25-30ºC.
- Keep the medicine away from the direct contact of sunlight.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date as mentioned onto the pack size.
General FAQs regarding the drug
How much duration of time this medicine will take to show its peak action?
Ans. This medicine will show its peak effect within 1-3 hours after its administration.
What is the best time to use this medicine?
Ans. This medicine can be used once throughout the day either in the evening or morning.
Does it a habit-forming medicine?
Ans. No, it is not a habit-forming medicine.
Does this drug safe for use in elderly patients?
Ans. Yes, this drug is completely safe for use in elderly patients.
Reviews 5 reviews
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]