and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Lipicard 200 mg
15% Off Use Code GDRX15 @ Payment page
About brand name of the drug
Lipicard 200 is a brand of allopathic medicine manufactured by an India based well known pharmaceutical and biotechnology company called USV Private Limited. USV Private Limited has its headquarter in Mumbai. It is available in the structure of capsules. Lipicard 200 is used for the treatment of increased levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the body. It helps in increasing the amount of high density lipoprotein which results in prevention of heart attacks. Lipicard 200 capsule is one of the most favoured medication prescribed to reduce bad cholesterol and bad fats like low density lipids and triglycerides.
About the drug
Lipicard 200 capsules contain Fenofibrate as its Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient. Fenofibrate is known for its therapeutic activity of reducing the bad fats and cholesterols in the body. Lipicard 200 capsule is available in variable range of strengths like 80 mg, 140 mg, 160 mg and 200 mg. The capsule is easily available in all the medical and chemist stores. It can also be purchased online from various E-pharmacies. Lipicard 200 has some equivalent brands available in USA market like :
About salt of the drug
Lipicard 200 contains Fenofibrate which belongs to fibrate class of medication. It is used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels by lowering the Low Density Lipid (LDL) and increasing the amount of High Density Lipid (HDL) or good fat in the body. Fenofibrate works along with dietary changes and physical exercise. It is used to treat medical conditions like :
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia ( high level of triglyceride in the blood )
- Hypercholesterolemia ( also known as high level of cholesterol in the blood )
Medical use of the drug
Lipicard 200 capsule is used to treat medical conditions like :
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia ( also known as high level of triglyceride in the blood )
- Hypercholesterolemia ( also known as high level of cholesterol in the blood )
Working of the drug
Lipicard 200 works by increasing certain natural substances that break down fats accumulated in the body and speed up the natural processes of remove excess cholesterol from the body. The active pharmaceutical ingredient fenofibrate helps to increase the number of enzymes called lipoprotein lipase that help to break down excessive amount fats that have been deposited over time in the body.. The medication is advised to be used along with a balanced diet, proper exercise program and other changes of lifestyle to help increase the amount of high density lipoprotein (HDL) and lower low density lipoprotein (LDL) in the blood.
Lipicard 200 capsule generally does not show any marked or severe side effects. However, it may differ from person to person depending on their health conditions and severity of the disease . The common side effects that can be observed during the medication may be as follows:
- Increased amount of liver enzymes
- Pain in abdominal area
- Stuffy nose
- Running nose
- Back Pain
- Stomach Pain
- Shortness of breath
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Chills and fever
- Itching or rashes on the skin
If the symptoms of these side effects appear, one should immediately consult a doctor or physician.
How to use
- Lipicard 200 capsule should be taken as advised by the doctor which is generally one capsule regularly.
- The dosage should not be altered as it will depend upon the severity and type of medical condition being treated
- Lipicard 200 capsule should be taken with some light food rather than in an empty stomach
- The capsule is taken along with a glass of water and swallowed
- One should avoid chewing or breaking the capsule as it is meant to be swallowed whole.
- The medication should not be discontinued if the person starts feeling better as the condition can revert back without any visible symptoms
Drugs known to interact with the medicine
Drug interactions are very common when two or more drugs are taken together. Some potent drugs that can cause interaction with Lipicard 200 are:
- Bile acid sequestrants like cholestyramine, colestipol etc
- Immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, tacrolimus
- Vitamin K antagonists like warfarin etc
- Hypoglycemic agents
When to avoid taking the drug
Lipicard 200 capsules should be avoided in patients who are suffering from the following medical conditions like :
- If the person is allergic or hypersensitive to fenofibrate
- If the person is suffering from any kind of renal failure
- If the person is suffering from any kind of hepatic impairment
- If the person is suffering from any kind of gall bladder related disease
Things to avoid while using the drug
While taking Lipicard 200, consumption of certain things should be avoided like
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol during medication with Lipicard can lead to enhancement of feeling of nausea and can cause liver dysfunction thus it is advisable to avoid alcohol
General information and precaution regarding the drug
- The medication should be consumed only as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid taking smaller or larger doses other than what has been prescribed by the doctor
- It should be ensured that the therapy duration has been completed
- It is not advisable to render the therapy incomplete if the patient starts to feel better
- The medication should not be stopped without prior consultation with the doctor
- While taking this medicine blood count should be monitored as it can increase the haemoglobin as well as blood count
- Keep the medicine away from the possible reach of the children and pet animals
- It is to be taken after meal with a glass of water
- One should not try to compensate a missed dose by taking two tablets at a time as it can lead to overdosing
- Pregnancy – Lipicard 200 is not recommended for therapy in pregnant women unless it is advised by the doctor to treat the related conditions
- Lactation – Lipicard 200 has been found to pass into breast milk which can cause harm to the baby thus it is avoided in lactating mothers
- Alcohol – Avoid the intake of alcohol as it can lead to liver dysfunction
- Organs - The drug should be used with caution in people having kidney and liver disorder as it can effect them adversely
- Driving or using machinery – It is advisable not to perform any task that needs your senses to be alert like driving or handling any machine as it levoflox can lead to sensation of dizziness in some people
- The capsule should be stored at room temperature ranging between 15 to 25 degree centigrade
- It should be kept at a suitable height so that children and pets are not able to reach to the medicine
- It should be keep away from direct heat and sunlight.
- It should be kept in a dry place to avoid contact with moisture
- Avoid keeping the medicine in the washroom and flushing it
General FAQs regarding the drug
How long does it take Lipicard 200 to work ?
Ans. Lipicard 200 will show its action if taken regularly for upto 2 months approximately. As high glyceride and cholesterol level has no symptoms one may not feel the visible changes caused due to the therapy with this medication.
Can Lipicard 200 cause liver damage ?
Ans. If the drug is taken continuously for longer period of time like for 2 years it can cause damage to the liver eventually
Is there any effect on blood pressure due to Lipicard 200?
Ans. NO, there is no such effect on blood pressure due to therapy with Lipicard 200.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]