and enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Glycomet 1000 mg
|Generic Name||Metformin Hcl|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|
About the brand name of the drug
Glycomet 1000 mg (Metformin HCl) acts as an antidiabetic agent used for reducing the high blood glucose levels in the body, manufactured by USV, India. It is administered in the form of teb. It is used for treating type II diabetes. It is used to control high blood sugar. It is helpful in decreasing or minimizing the risks associated with diabetes and complications related to it like blindness, stroke, heart attack and kidney damage.
About the drug
The active pharmaceutical ingredient in Glycomet 1000 mg is Metformin HCl. It is available dosage strengths like 150 mg, 250 mg, 500 mg, and 1000 mg. It is easily available at offline pharmacies, online pharmacies, drug stores. The prescription is mandatory before purchasing the drugs. It is used for the treatment of Diabetes. It gives better results when taken with proper diet.
Some other brands equivalent to Glycomet 1000 mg (Metformin HCl) in the USA are:
About salt of the drug
Metformin HCl is responsible for lowering of excess glucose levels in the body. It comes under the class of drugs called Biguanides. It decreases the resistance towards insulin (insulin sensitizer) and also responsible for the reduction of the plasma fasting levels of insulin. It lowers the blood glucose levels without this leading to hypoglycemia. It is the drug of choice in case of diabetes mellitus II.
Metformin acts by reducing glucose production by the liver, by decreasing the intestinal absorption of glucose and by enhancing insulin sensitivity by increasing glucose uptake and utilization peripherally.
Medical Uses of the drug
Glycomet 1000 mg drug is used for the treatment of:
• Type II Diabetes Mellitus
Working of a drug
Glycomet 1000 mg is an antidiabetic agent under the class of drugs Biguanides. It is used to reduce blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes. It shows its activity by decreasing the amount of glucose produced by the liver. It is also responsible for maintaining the amount of glucose that is to be released by the liver in the body. Through this way it lowers the blood glucose levels in the body thus, helping the people suffering from diabetes mellitus II.
The use of Glycomet 1000 mg is generally safe and is having very few side effects, but it may result in some other side effects based on patient acceptance:
• Irregular heart rate
• Abdominal Pain
• Lactic acidosis
• breathing problems
• Stomach pain
• Faster heart rate
• Chest discomfort
• Swollen joints
• Runny nose
If the above side effects persist continuously then the patient must seek medical attention immediately.
How to use
Glycomet 1000 mg is a prescription-only drug which is to be administered exactly in the same manner as prescribed by the physician. All the instructions directed by the doctor should be followed. The following instructions should be kept in mind:
- The tablet must be taken as a whole. Do not chew, break or crush it.
- The dosage regimen should be strictly followed regularly
- The medicine must be taken with food in order to avoid nausea and upset stomach.s
- As directed by the Doctor, the dose and duration of the medication should be strictly followed
- It is not advised to skip a dose of medication. If the dose is skipped do not take multiple doses at the same time
- It shows better activity when it is taken with proper diet and regular exercise.
Drugs that are known to interact with this medicine
Drug interactions are very common when two or more drugs are taken together. Some potent drugs that can interact with Glycomet 1000 mg are-
• Avoid the medication if you are already on other antidiabetic drugs
• It should not be taken with Antihypertensive drugs like furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide as it may lead to an increase in blood glucose levels
• Avoid concurrent use of Glycomet with Nifedipine as it increases the levels of metformin in the body
• Cannot be administered with drugs used for the treatment of glaucoma (Acetazolamide) as the chances of causing lactic acidosis is high
• Cannot be administered with Phenytoin and Phenothiazine as it reduces the effect of metformin
• Avoid Glycomet with corticosteroids as it may decrease the effectiveness of the drug
• It should not be administered with drugs like isoniazid, and the drugs used for thyroid as both of these drugs decrease the effect of Glycomet.
• It causes moderate reactions with Amlodipine, Estradiol and Aloe vera
• It causes severe side effects with Gatifloxacin
When to avoid taking the drug
- Avoid taking the medication if the patient is allergic to the medication.
- Avoid its usage if the patient is suffering from cardiovascular disease
- It should not be taken if the person is suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis
- It is not recommended if the patient is having kidney or liver diseases
- If you are having episodes of hypoglycemia the drug should be generally avoided unless until necessary
- It is to be strictly avoided if the person is going for an imaging procedure as the chances of incidence of lactic acidosis are high
- It is to be avoided if a person is to undergo surgery
Things to avoid when using the drug
When taking Glycomet 1000 mg (Metformin HCl) avoid consumption of:
- Alcohol- Consuming alcohol with Metformin HCl is strictly not advised it may lead to severe side effects
- Do not stop the medication in between the treatment even when you feel completely healthy without consulting your doctor
- Avoid taking Glycomet if you are suffering from any type of Liver diseases
- Avoid taking Glycomet if you are suffering from kidney diseases
General Information and Precautions
• The medicine must be protected from the reach of children.
• Inform the doctor about your medical history
• Alcohol- Consumption of alcohol with Glycomet should be strictly avoided as it leads to severe side effects
• Pregnancy- The medication is not recommended in case of pregnant women
• Driving – It is not safe to consume it before driving or using machines. This is the drug may cause the patient dizzy. Avoid it till you are completely alert.
• Lactation- the medication is generally not recommended during lactation
- Glycomet 1000 mg tablets must be stored away from the reach of kids
- It must be stored at room temperature
- Special care must be taken for the protection of the drug against moisture and light
- It should be protected from heat
- It should be stored in an airtight container
- Do not use this medicine after it expires
General FAQs regarding the drug
Is Glycomet is habit forming drug?
Ans. No, it is not having any habit-forming tendencies and it is safe to use
Is it safe to alter the dose of Glycomet 1000 mg?
Ans. Whenever a drug is prescribed it is based on different factors like the severity of the disease, patient condition etc. so it is not advised to alter the dose of the drug unless and until it was prescribed by the doctor.
Does Glycomet cause weight gain?
Ans. No, It does not cause weight gain instead it is useful in reducing diabetes mellitus II in patients with high abdominal fat
Can Glycomet be skipped for a few days?
Ans. No, it is not advised to skip the medication as it may result in worsening your condition.
|Generic Name||Metformin Hcl|
|Label of unit||1 Tablet/s|