Azee 500 Mg
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Azee 500 mg
Antibiotic medication Azee 500 mg treats bacterial infections of the respiratory system, ear, lungs, nose, eye, throat, and skin.
It contains the active component Azithromycin, which belongs to the class of antibiotics known as Macrolide.
This medication is also effective against Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and Typhoid.
The growth of bacteria inside the body happens, and it causes a bacterial infection.
It can rapidly spread and affect any portion of the body.
Azee 500 uses
500 mg Azee is an antibiotic used to treat several bacterial infections.
Examples of infections include those of the lungs, brain, urinary tract, blood, joints, bones, stomach, and intestines.
In addition, it helps treat Sexually Transmitted Diseases like Gonorrhea and Typhoid fever.
Working of Azee tablet
Azee 500 is a prescription antibiotic containing the active ingredient Azithromycin.
Azithromycin belongs to the family of antibiotics known as Macrolides.
It achieves this by inhibiting the production of proteins by bacteria, necessary for the bacteria to carry out their essential functions.
Therefore, it prevents the germs from spreading and the infection from worsening.
The maximal concentration of Azithromycin is reached between 2.5 and 3 hours after intake.
How to take it
Follow the below points to consume this medicine:
- Be sure to take this drug exactly as prescribed
- Azee 500mg can be taken with or without meals
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug with meals if you have stomach issues
Take this drug daily at the same time
- Even if your symptoms subside after a few days, you should continue taking this medicine till the time your doctor has prescribed
- Consume it whole with a glass of water
- The pills shouldn't be broken or chewed
- Consume the missing dosage as soon as you remember unless it is almost time for the next scheduled dose
- In case of an overdose, consult your physician immediately
Like other medications, Azee 500 may have side effects that resolve without medical intervention as the body adjusts to the drug.
Some of the side effects are:
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased hearing
- Blurred vision
- Trouble swallowing
- Muscle weakness
- Signs of liver problems
- Dark urine
- Yellowing skin
Azee containing Azithromycin can interact with other medications, diseases, or food.
Therefore, before consuming this medication, disclose your medical history and current medicine to your healthcare provider.
Avoid consuming the following medication while consuming Azithromycin 500:
Azee 500 mg should be used with caution by anyone with the following conditions:
- Abnormal liver function
- Cholestatic jaundice
- Hepatic necrosis
- Hepatic failure
- Liver disease
- QT prolongation
It is advisable to wait three hours after taking antibiotics before consuming dairy products such as butter, milk, cheese, and yogurt since doing so might reduce the efficacy of the 500 mg strength of Azee.
Similarly, calcium-containing drinks or supplements may reduce their effectiveness. Therefore, it is in your best interest to avoid them.
Before consuming the medication, it is essential to keep the following things in mind:
- Do not consume Azithromycin if you are allergic to it
- Before using this medicine, inform your doctor about your medical history, including liver disease, renal disease, and a specific muscle disorder
- Take this medication exactly as instructed by your physician
- You may take 500 mg of Azee with or without meals. Avoid chewing, crushing, and breaking the pill
- Since Azee 500mg may produce dizziness or convulsions as a side effect, you should not drive if you are feeling ill or sleepy
- Alcohol may exacerbate adverse effects such as drowsiness and dizziness when used with 500 mg of Azithromycin
- Even if another person looks to have the same condition as you, you should not give them your medication. A physician should only prescribe this medication
- To avoid reinfection, complete the entire treatment regimen
- If you continue to feel sick after completing the suggested medication, consult your doctor
Azee 500 should be stored at room temperature and out of direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Keep pets and children away from this medication.
The packaging contains an expiration date; do not use this drug after that date.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Azithromycin 500 mg used for?
Azithromycin treats conditions caused by different types of bacteria, such as Bronchitis. It also helps treat Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Pneumonia, and infections of the ears, sinuses, throat, skin, and reproductive organs.
Is Azithromycin good for cough and cold?
Azithromycin, a Macrolide, is an excellent option for treating chronic wet cough.
When should Azee be taken?
Think about taking your medicines at the same time each day. At least one or two hours before or after a meal, take an Azee 500mg.
How much time does it take for Azithromycin to help symptoms of Chlamydia?
This medication for Chlamydia takes one week to work. Avoid engaging in intercourse at least for seven days, as you can still spread the virus even if you don't feel any symptoms by engaging in sexual activity without a condom.
GoodRxmedicine is entirely unrelated to GoodRx in any way or form. We hereby deny any sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between GoodRx.com USA and Goodrxmedicine.com India. GoodRxmedicine is an Indian online Pharmacy only dealing in selling generic medicines in compliance with the law to its full extent of the Republic of India.The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at [email protected]