Angispan TR 2.5 Mg
Dr. Akansha is a licensed Clinical Pharmacologist with extensive expertise in pharmacovigilance, prescription analysis, drug information, and safety. She's a dedicated educator and avid learner. Dr. Akansha also reviews medical content on GoodRx Medicine, ensuring accurate pharmaceutical information is accessible to all.
About Angispan TR 2.5
Angispan TR 2.5 mg is a pain reliever and effective treatment for Angina.
It contains Nitroglycerin as its primary ingredient.
Nitroglycerin helps the blood flows more quickly, and the high pressure in the body's blood vessels drops.
USV Limited manufactures this medicine.
Angispan TR 2.5 mg Uses
Angispan TR 2.5mg is useful for both preventing and treating Angina (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart).
This medication belongs to the class of medicines known as Nitrates.
It works quickly to relax the heart's muscles and blood vessels.
This allows more oxygen to reach the heart via the bloodstream.
Nitroglycerin serves as the active element in Angispan TR 2.5 mg.
It reduces high blood pressure by relaxing the muscles surrounding blood vessels.
This alleviates the discomfort by reducing the heart pressure.
It gradually aids in the treatment of Angina.
Take Angispan TR 2.5 according to your doctor's prescribed dosage and duration.
Swallow the pill whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. You may take the Angispan TR pill with or without food.
Always take it at the same time for maximum benefits.
The patient's condition and reaction to treatment determine the dosage. Change the dosing schedule only if your doctor instructs you to do so.
Do not use this medication over the authorized dosage. This may increase your risk of adverse effects.
Utilize this drug regularly to have the maximum advantage. Do not abruptly stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor.
With moderate use, Angispan TR 2.5 has minimal to no adverse effects.
However, the related adverse effects are possible:
- Allergic responses (such as rashes, itching or swelling)
- Difficulty in breathing
Therefore, you should use caution when taking this medication.
If the problem persists, visit a doctor.
Angispan TR 2.5 mg can occasionally interact negatively with other medications, health conditions, and diets.
Drug interactions may reduce the effectiveness of your medication.
Angispan TR 2.5 contains Nitroglycerin, which may interact negatively with the following medications:
- Medications used for Erectile Dysfunction (such as Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, etc.)
- Ergot Alkaloids (prescribed for migraine)
Inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any of the following medications.
Using Angispan TR 2.5 may raise your chance of serious adverse effects if you have a prior medical condition.
Such conditions include:
- Intracranial Pressure
Therefore, you should not take this medication if you undergo any of the conditions listed above.
Consult a physician if the condition continues or persists.
Nitroglycerin in Angispan TR 2.5 mg may interact with the following foods:
Therefore, please do not take them without first consulting a physician.
It is vital to observe the following precautions when using this medication.
- Before taking Angispan TR 2.5, you should inform your doctor if you are allergic to Nitroglycerin, Nitrates, or similar medications or if you have any other allergies
- Before using this medication, you should discuss your medical history with your doctor
- This medication may cause dizziness. Avoid drugs that cause dizziness, such as alcohol or marijuana
- Before surgery, disclose all the products you use to your doctor (including prescription and nonprescription medicines and herbal products)
- Do not operate heavy machinery, drive, or perform any other task requiring mental alertness until you can do so safely
- This medication should only be used when necessary during pregnancy. Please consult your physician to know more about its benefits and risks
- It is uncertain if Angispan TR 2.5 enters breast milk or if it could harm a nursing infant. Before nursing, you should consult your doctor
- Older adults may be more prone to the side effects of this medication, especially dizziness and lightheadedness, which may increase the risk of falling
Store Angispan TR 2.5 mg in a cool, dark, and dry place.
Ensure that the medicine is intact and undamaged before purchasing it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Angispan TR work?
This medicine is composed of a Nitrate called Nitroglycerin.
It prevents and relieves Angina by relaxing the blood vessels, hence reducing the oxygen demand and pressure on the heart (chest pain).
What happens if I consume too much Nitroglycerin?
Nitroglycerin overdose can result in low blood pressure, sweating, nausea, vomiting, headache, and a weak and quick pulse.
Does Angispan TR 2.5 stop heart attacks?
Patients with Coronary Artery Disease frequently take Nitroglycerin to reduce the frequency and severity of Angina events.
Can I take Sildenafil in combination with Nitroglycerin?
No, you should not take Sildenafil and Nitroglycerin together.
Taking these two drugs together has the potential to cause fatally low blood pressure.
Patients may also experience weakness, vertigo attacks while moving around, and fainting.
The patient will require emergency medical attention in such a condition.
The content on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses under any circumstances. Goodrxmedicine.com - India is an online Indian pharmacy dealing in Generic pharmaceutical products within the permissible extent of the law. Before self-medicating, consult a doctor if you have any doubts or questions related to your health. For any queries or concerns, write to us at email@example.com